Bleed kite

Recently on my 29 rogue I had some fun with bleed+kite, I was easily perfecting bad twinks lol. So I wanted to try a better build for that and I made this (nothing new, i know). I want to know if anyone else tried this, its probably not the best tactic but its fun lol.

Ill try this in a few BGs and tell you how Im doing

I've found 11/0/9 to be a more effective bleed kiting spec. Vigor allows you the energy to be able to cheap shot/backstab/rupture in time to move out of melee range (and therefore avoid getting gouged/crippled).

Ok so I tested it a bit in a few BGs. I tried to get 1v1s but the horde always stick together lol. In the few 1v1 I got, I was able to perfect an equaly geared rogue and have fun with bad twinks (vanish thru garrote lol). Here's what I usually do: Sap ******- Wait ***for energy - Garrote (dont break sap) - with glyph of Crippling you have a 70% to proc so you usually get a proc here - run - now if he's good he will shoot you to keep you in combat, if he's bad he will either vanish thru garrote, run after you or run away (If he's bad you know what to do but let's say he's good) - try to get a gouge, that would give you 0,5sec to restealth or simply pop vanish - if garrote is over sap him - garrote/cheap shot - rupture - run - restealth if you can - dont let him run away - now he should be very low, finish him with ambush/cheap shot+bs .... Ok there's many way to do it, I tried that way

Now I'll test with Glyph of Garrote and full AP set

nosoup4crr said:
I've found 11/0/9 to be a more effective bleed kiting spec. Vigor allows you the energy to be able to cheap shot/backstab/rupture in time to move out of melee range (and therefore avoid getting gouged/crippled).

Mmh I'll try this too!

I'm specced 16/0/4 and I use glyph of garrote. With 330 AP, the tooltip says it does 450 dmg over time. Then again, I'm not sure if that 450 is after or before % increase calculations, or taking AP into account. What I know is that it ticks for 98. Not bad if you ask me. Haven't tried 5 point rupture tho, but it always looked to me like it ticks for so much less.

Im tempted to respec my rogue for this. Hes using a new backstab spec, but its getting a little boring : /

the garrote tooltip does update with your AP. in my AP gear my garrote ticks for 506-ish over 12 secs but thats not perfect AP gear either and with buffs i have had it ticking for 150+

Locked said:
its probably not the best tactic but its fun lol.

Not only is it the best tactic against rogues and warriors, I'd say its the only tactic you should be using in rogue/war duels.

Wsg is a bit different, because you never know when they're going to get a heal.

Users who are viewing this thread