BiS Hunter Weapon, help.

This is my current gear on my Hunter, staying steady on both HP and MP and trying to maximize everything possible.

You see so many different Hunters and opinions that you kinda get lost in a fog of confuseness.

So my question for you are, which ranged weapon is BiS for a Hunter right now?

The choice is kinda between

[item]Charmed Ancient Bone Bow[/item]

[item]Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon[/item]

[item]Bow of Searing Arrows[/item]

[item]Shadowforge Bushmaster[/item]

My own assumption is, the Searing arrow is better than the Ancient bow. I am hitcapped and the extra AP/Crit doesnt beat the superior DPS.

But the Shadowforge beats both of the bows cause of Engineers can make 12,5dps ammos where the best arrows are 7,5dps.

So the final battle is between the WG Gun and Shadowforge.

WG Gun:

29dps

6ap

0,60% crit

some ressilience, doesnt mean nothing.

Shadowforge

28,8dps

7agi (0.30% crit and 7ap)

So the WG gun is superior to the legendary and world know Shadowforge is what I assume. But is the ammo a that huge difference that it beats the bows or atleast the Searing Bows damage?

Ive thought about finding a 'DPS Calculating Website' to somehow test this and see what would maximize the dps to the fullest, but I am a healer on both of my 80s and I do not know if such things even exists at all. I also thought of buying em all since I do have the capacity to do it.. but the Searing arrow bow is only on the Horde AH, (Takes abit time to tranfer gold, not long tho) and the Shadowforge is just not seen on the server for the period of my twinking, so that possibility isnt there anylonger.

So any suggestions on what is the BiS ranged weapon for a Hunter? (I know im a Draenei so I dont get +1crit from Guns.. But Draenei is the best class for pvp on ally side if you cannot use Human)

Im not a hunter, but I believe there is something about Scopes to be brought into this as well, which is another reason why SFBM is the best in slot weapon. The BoA ranged weps can only get +1 damage scopes or no scope if im not mistaken.

Also, tbh DPS isnt really a good indicator of weapon ability in PvP. Looking at top end damage and speed for burst (like you would on a 2h weapon for a warrior for example) is what you need to focus on.

The big thing is the rarity of SFBM...you could be looking at both xfering to a different server AND paying thousands of gold to get one.

That said the other weapon you are missing is The Silencer which I believe many hunters find better than bow of searing arrows as well (due to the bullets).

So the 0.2 more dps, 1 less AP, 0.30% more crit, and less dodge (the dodge might not differ anything tho) means that. The Wintergrasp gun is better than SFBM in DPS. But then someone talked about scopes, I actually forgot everything about that, but if they both use +5 I assume it wont make any difference in the calculations. So if this can be confirmed ill buy the WG gun asap after I did my homeworks : -)

hand cannon is the best ranged weapon unless you need the hit from bone bow or youre troll

since youre draenei you can be hit capped with comfortable leather hat + bone bow + basilisk pants, which lets you get boars speed

Shadowknight said:
So the 0.2 more dps, 1 less AP, 0.30% more crit, and less dodge (the dodge might not differ anything tho) means that. The Wintergrasp gun is better than SFBM in DPS. But then someone talked about scopes, I actually forgot everything about that, but if they both use +5 I assume it wont make any difference in the calculations. So if this can be confirmed ill buy the WG gun asap after I did my homeworks : -)

The BoA items, can't have +5 scope. Iirc they might be able to use +1 dmg scopes. But I am nut sure on that either :)

[item]Sniper Rifle[/item] of the Marksmanship or something, used to be a really viable option when I played 39 hunter. Thoug I got my hands on a Shadowforge Bushmaster myself :p

It's Low-end dmg is High, which is what makes it good iirc

BoA ranged can use +5 scopes I got it on mine BoA gun. Its req +30 on your characters level for it to work (like the good leg armors dont work on 39 twinks)

since I was outdated on my first post (see I told you I dont know anything about huters) I will add one more thing

your toon will be way more pimp with a SFBM rather than a BoA.

well that is true only +1 scope for BoA's but still The ancient armani bow has +20 ap or so. i would rather get AP and hit rating instead of ONLY ap.

EDIT: Amani bow has more AP crit and hit rating :) did my hw too lol

noobietwink said:
well that is true only +1 scope for BoA's but still The ancient armani bow has +20 ap or so. i would rather get AP and hit rating instead of ONLY ap.

EDIT: Amani bow has more AP crit and hit rating :) did my hw too lol
um.. what?

Alteffour said:
since I was outdated on my first post (see I told you I dont know anything about huters) I will add one more thing

your toon will be way more pimp with a SFBM rather than a BoA.

Because pimp rating is important in world of warcraft...... Seriously if the boa is better which from what I am hearing it is. GO WITH THE B O FUCKING A. :)

If you go with the bow you're gonna need to go through the hassle of farming the arrows. And alliance can't even farm that boss. For me that'd be reason enough to switch to gun. All I know is if I had both sfbm and boa gun, I'd use sfbm :p.

As mentioned before: the sniper rifle of marksmanship is a good option too. All other options outdo it in terms of burst yet this gun scores best in consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread