BiS hunter gloves?

Tiibi

Legend
If I would get a chance of finding Foreman's Gloves, would they then beat Naga Battle Gloves?

So... My actual question is. Is expertise important at 20? If yes, why?

EDIT: New question :D BiS pants?

Pants vary depending upon whether you need hit or crit. The gloves are debatable. I use foremans and haven't felt compelled to use nagas. The insidious thing about expertise is that you can't see it in effect.

Pants vary depending upon whether you need hit or crit.

Yes, pants can be dependent on faction. Check Lil's guide http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f148/mop-f2p-hunter-guide-43181/

The insidious thing about expertise is that you can't see it in effect.

Use something like Recount and check it after a BG, you will see that your dodged attacks go down when using Foreman's Gloves. Nelf rogues popping evasion can affect these stats so numbers are variable.

If I would get a chance of finding Foreman's Gloves, would they then beat Naga Battle Gloves?

So... My actual question is. Is expertise important at 20? If yes, why?

1) Gloves.
Foreman's > Naga in case you're doing a classcannon DPS hunter, to maximize damage output. Foreman's give you ~3% pure damage increase against all classes and there is hidden benefit of expertise. Having your scatter/concusive dodged is much more worse then having your arcane/serpent dodged, so eliminating those 3% dodge for most classes is crucial. Foreman's are only 1 agi less than Naga in BG too.

On arenas or overall balanced build I'd probably take Naga, since they give quite a lot of HP.

2) Pants.
For Alliance Smelting pants are BIS for glasscannon (10agi4crit4sta), since you're already hit capped with eyepatch.
For Horde Hogger's are BIS for glasscannon (11agi11hit), since you need to be hitcapped, there are many ways for H to be hitcapped, but I believe that Hogger's are the best way, the easiest for sure.

For A balanced I'd take quest reward from BFD (12sta9agi), for H either quest reward from BFD (12sta8crit) or smelting pants and substitude hit from Hogger's with hit from BOA bow.

Take a look at Lil's hunter guide, if you follow it you'll be much more better than average hunter.

Foreman's Gloves, expertise important at 20?

The original question has been well answered, expertise explained and a resource linked. Yes, foreman's are bis inside and outside of bgs at 20.

As for pants, the most important thing to consider is actually the type of pet you plan on using. For pets with a spell ability, like a
bat, hunters will also need to spell hit cap so as to insure their pets ability does not miss

As listing the pants alone would leave several holes that while not a stretch to fill, unfortunately will go unresolved for some, it is necessary to list the many ways a bis hunter should hit cap both outside and inside a battleground.

Melee cap

6 outside of bgs, and 8 within

Alliance

Alliance hunters will find themselves hit capped both inside and outside battlegrounds thanks to this quest reward, yes there are others way in which they could accomplish this but why bother, besides who doesn't want to be a pirate.

Horde

For bgs hogger's should always be used, the other options while having enough hit come will a loss of 3-5 agility for a gain of 1-2 stam.

Outside bgs
dpr and rop are enough to hit cap. Herod's can be replaced with stained if you'd rather use argas in place of dpr or rop.

*in a crit stacking glass cannon flying tiger and dpr will cap inside and out

Spell cap

12 outside, 16 in

Alliance

In bgs alliance should use hogger's and the eyepatch to cap

Outside, eyepatch, dpr and rop cap, Herod's can be replaced with stained if you'd rather use argas in place of dpr or rop.

Horde

For bgs hogger's, dpr and rop will cap

Out of bgs hogger's and either dpr and/or rop will cap

*crit stacking out of bgs, cap with flying tiger, dpr and dwb

Pants are most often hogger's, when the option for another is available smelting should be used. The other options being fang for horde and aluwyn's for alliance, though different in stats, the reasons to take smelting over fang is the same as aluwyn's.

I'm pretty sure spell hitcap is 15 inside bg. Not 16.

Cheers
Gattuso

It is 15 for all except dwarves, trolls and draeneis.

For a troll you could cap with hoggers pants and rop.

But the most preferable way to hitcap a hunter these days are on alliance to use eyepatch + foremans gloves and on horde hoggers pants + foremans gloves. For those of you that are now thinking wtf foremans gloves is expertise not hit. Yes they are but while the hunter him/herself only need 6 hit (outside bg) or 8 hit (inside bg) his/her pet does need the extra 3% needed for spell cap and seeing how expertise is spell hit this gives foremans gloves a very high bonus as it gives you an easy cap and a also reduces the chance you get your scatters dodged.

Foremans gloves are bis.

Users who are viewing this thread