BiS Caster Item Enhancements

OdinGOW

Legend
I apologize if there's already a thread for this. I seen many threads about BiS enchants but 90% of them are talking about melee classes etc.

SO, What are the BiS enchants for casters? I know Legs = Sapphire Spellthread

And can things created from professions be used on BoE items then sent to lower level toons? If so do those toons (your 24) you're sending it to have to have that Prof as well? Can say a LW improve bracers with fur lining via trade box from the "item will not be traded" box?

Last edited by a moderator:
the only things that have changed for offensive caster for the most part is pvp power to cloak, shoulder enchant, sapp spellthread, and surefooted to boots. 16sp to gloves is still bis, so is 15sp to bracers (the old healing power enchants). Weapon enchants have also changed but you can argue the old ones could be better if u want to have stats all the time and not a proc type enchant. as far as new wep enchants, power torrent, or situationally black magic depending on the caster like say a disc. Healers on the other hand, there are new enchants like 15stam bracers and shit you might want to look into for the more defensive side of gearing, but the other stuff applies just the same. Wep enchants on healers hurricane seems to be best on literally all of them for highest healing output possible.

So what about the prof specific enchants like inscription shoulders etc? Would it be worth to level a 90's inscription up to get that? Would it still apply once you send the item to a dif toon?

So far Hurricane on heals (really like it on resto druid) and Power Torrent on dps casters works very nice for me. I still would like to try out Black Magic, on warlock (for example) it could be better than Power Torrent.

So far Hurricane on heals (really like it on resto druid) and Power Torrent on dps casters works very nice for me. I still would like to try out Black Magic, on warlock (for example) it could be better than Power Torrent.

A few of my guildies have been going with Windsong, over Black Magic, simply because there is no ICD attached to it. As opposed to Black Magic.

For a destro lock, we have one that says Sunfire is working REALLY nice for them.
Procs with ICD's are never really good in PvP, and would avoid using them as much as possible. Static SP is always the best option if you ask me. There is less inflation on your damage, and allows you to better predict if you're going to land a kill, or if you simply cannot finish because of lack of damage.

i have BM on my lock, it's insane when it procs.

..Windsong, over Black Magic..
For a destro lock .. Sunfire is working REALLY nice..
Procs with ICD's are never really good in PvP, and would avoid using them as much as possible. Static SP is always the best option if you ask me. There is less inflation on your damage, and allows you to better predict if you're going to land a kill, or if you simply cannot finish because of lack of damage.

I think you could be right on Black Magic. Sunfire is one I'd love to try (no chanter on locks realm) allso I understand it is giving +50 atm too.

As for static SP over Power Torrent, I find PT procs a lot and switching to +30 sp after proc gets me highest burst atm. For heals I do find Hurricane better than +30 sp (it procs so much I rarely get round to switching to +30 sp), I mainly tried it on druid and it procs of hots good enough to make it reliable I find.

I just read Saints post, yes the haste increase makes it very tempting to try out at least! But I think Lith has a point.

sunfire and soulfrost they proc on caster weapons when...casting?

my enchanter has both but reading the tooltip had me sorta confused since both say melee?

Formula: Enchant Weapon - Sunfire - Item - World of Warcraft

Formula: Enchant Weapon - Soulfrost - Item - World of Warcraft

They're static not procs, and the majority of caster weapon enchs say melee :)

As disc, Windsong is proving really strong, especially when both the crit and haste are proccing on top of each other and they do proc incredibly often.

As far as caster dps , personally I prefer static stats coming from Soulfrost/Sunfire for more controlled consistant damage.

WIndsong all the way because 56 haste and 56 crit proc could be a complete game changer, you gain about 10% crit and 10% faster casting speed. My crit goes from 32% to 42% and my cast time goes from 1.3 to 1.1 I already hit hard now i hit hard more times and faster.

Users who are viewing this thread