Best spec for a 20 lock?

alostfate

Legend
So i've just started f2p twinking yesterday, rolled hunter, and realized that it's a very cheap class to roll... so i decided to roll a lock. What i'm asking is, is affliction good for pvp? or should i go demonology/destruction?

You only have a whopping 6 talent points so its pretty easy to evaluate the +'s and -'s of each tree. You get the first tier and then one point in the second tier if you wish. Demonic Embrace has some pretty good things going for it.

You really really should reconsider class, warlocks arent hard as in challanging and possible if your good, they are just hard because they are really really week as a class in this bracket.

Make a healer or rogue/pala/feral/warrior IMO

solvogero said:
You only have a whopping 6 talent points so its pretty easy to evaluate the +'s and -'s of each tree. You get the first tier and then one point in the second tier if you wish. Demonic Embrace has some pretty good things going for it.

true, demonic embrace is good, but is it worth going demonology just for that? i know you get a minion for the instant-spec spell, but isn't affliction or destruction worth it more for the dps boost?

Med'an said:
You really really should reconsider class, warlocks arent hard as in challanging and possible if your good, they are just hard because they are really really week as a class in this bracket.

Make a healer or rogue/pala/feral/warrior IMO

alright, which faction should i go? i'm not sure what class it'll be yet though.

alostfate said:
alright, which faction should i go? i'm not sure what class it'll be yet though.

I had a similiary conversation with someone on here yesterday in regards to stats (crit vs agility-or basically burst damage vs. dps). Damage over time doesn't really provide much help in PvP because the fights are so short. If your DoT ticks for 12 seconds, but the fight is over in 7, does it matter that it got a 10% increase.

Improved Imolate: Because 75ish% of your immolate damage is a DoT, the fight will be over before you see the full bonus. (also don't forget you had to hang out stationary to cast the thing).

Shadow and Flame: You don't get incinerate so that's out. Shadowbolt gets a decent damage increase, but its a 2.8 second cast (with Bane). If you're lucky enough to be in a good sniping spot. You might get two off before you die. If you try to cast a shadowbolt in the middle of the field, you probably won't get off a second one.

Searing Pain is an okay spell (short cast time, poopy damage), but you'd dumping all 6 talents to get a 20% crit increase only if the target is below 25%.

In all, none of that is very attractive imo.

casting times blow. I think you're going to find burning anyone down to be a bit of a trick unless you're sniping in a choatic situation and they don't realize what's happening. Survivability might keep you from getting one-shotted ALL the time.

I went demo on my warlock. For the extra hp. Also the pet hits really hard. :p

Insta soulfire is amazing.

ugh my bad, sry for the missinformation, axe toss is what I thought could give lock viability, without it I really wouldnt play one

yeah blizz just gimped locks at 20 for no apparent reason

still, i think that one properly geared/played affliction lock and a healer could ****ing mow down some noobs in BGs

Users who are viewing this thread