Best Main Class For Supporting Twink Funds?

Hello,

I just reactivated my account today and am getting back into twinking again. I understand that after 3.2 there will most likely be centralized battlegroups that will have more activity than others depending on the bracket.

For example, I plan on re-rolling a new server(new to me) in the Ruin battlegroup where I will keep my 49's.

My question is- since I'm re-rolling starting with nada, I will need to create a Main character to support my twinks(funds, mats n such, I don't think I'll bother with WotLK BoA's as I dread "end-game"). What class would be the best/most efficient and how would you go about that?

Thanks

Druiddroid said:
a level 58 death knight

assuming you already have a 55+ and WotLK

Thanks for the reply,

I have 55+'s from my old server, and I do not own WotLK yet(just BC), but can arrange it if it's absolutely the best choice for what I mentioned in OP(best/most efficient main to re-roll so I can make/supply twinks).....creating a insta lvl 55 sure does sound attractive though. Any reason you specifically said lvl 58??

gotta agree with druiddroid on the dks

if you ever decide to level it to 80, you can spec blood and solo pretty much anything, and any heroic group would let you in since theyre by far the best tanks

If you plan on doing a lot of instance running for others, nothing tops a feral drood.

TBH, I didnt expect it. But I've been doing some instance runs for twinks (and furbolg farming) on both my 80 dk in 25 man gear and my 80 feral in heroics gear... and the drood performs far better.

+30% static speed in cat. 6k garunteed 1 hit (rip) or 4-5k instant (mangle). Dash, travel to get moving faster. AoE dmg and decent self healing in bear. Great solo capabilities (soloed most of ZG easily).

As for badges, I just swap back to resto (my main spec) and do heroics and OS/Vault/Maly with pugs.

Unfortunately, leveling one sucks. But I think its far superior to just about every class for instance running, and it will be easier to find pugs for badges as a healer than as a DK (even as a tank speccd dk you'll have more trouble).

darzk said:
If you plan on doing a lot of instance running for others, nothing tops a feral drood.

TBH, I didnt expect it. But I've been doing some instance runs for twinks (and furbolg farming) on both my 80 dk in 25 man gear and my 80 feral in heroics gear... and the drood performs far better.

+30% static speed in cat. 6k garunteed 1 hit (rip) or 4-5k instant (mangle). Dash, travel to get moving faster. AoE dmg and decent self healing in bear. Great solo capabilities (soloed most of ZG easily).

As for badges, I just swap back to resto (my main spec) and do heroics and OS/Vault/Maly with pugs.

Unfortunately, leveling one sucks. But I think its far superior to just about every class for instance running, and it will be easier to find pugs for badges as a healer than as a DK (even as a tank speccd dk you'll have more trouble).

That's a breaking point, depends on how much I'll be lowbie instance running. Seeing as I can't instance my own twinks, that would be making a character catered to run others. Atm I'm making these new twink accounts on servers with the most active x9 bracket guilds where guild "twink gear instancing" is already commonplace, so don't think that is an immediate need..

I would have to agree with Darzk, druids are amazing at pretty much everything. I can solo anything on my druid in my feral tank gear/spec, and instance runs are super easy - even easier now with 360 degrees swipe. But like he said...it really sucks leveling one, atleast the first 20 are terrible, at 34 it gets better - and at ~50 (when you get mangle) its super easy mode.

I'd go level 80 blood DK. They are especially great if you are starting fresh on a new server...

A really good plan for making a twink on a new server, or if you really have the patience a guild, is to roll a DK on a new server and have him trained in something like tailoring, and definately enchanting.

What you can do after you reach level 80 is run instances for the cloth to make green items with tailoring to disenchant. Plus, the instances will drop a $hit load of other things to disenchant as well. This will easily get your enchanting up, if you can find the time.

What is then really cool is as a (hypothetically well geared 80 DK), you can solo pre-BC end game dungeons with a few others to get enchants for yourself (or your guild) faster than simply trolling the Action House every hour of the day.

So yea, roll a DK. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread