1-9 Basic Guide to Starting a Level 1 Twink

Chubtohd

Almost Awesome
We've got a ton of gear / consumable / theory posts about level 1 twinking, but I thought it might be good to post a quick, basic starting guide for anyone interested.

TURNING OFF XP

Obviously one of the very first things you'll want to do with your new level 1 twink is to turn off XP gains. In order to do so, you need to get to Slahtz in Orgrimmar or to Behsten in Stormwind and pay them 10g. They are stealthed and can be hard to see.

Slahtz

4622094303_d1c1891e87.jpg

Behsten

4646376895_59be09536e.jpg

GETTING TO YOUR CAPITAL CITY

A Warlock summon or a Mage portal are your quickest and best options.

However, if you happen to find yourself making a level 1 twink at 3AM server and there are none around, don't worry, here's the quickest way:

1) Run to the second town you would normally encounter

2) The Flight Master there will fly you for free to your races capital

3) If it is not Orgrimmar or Stormwind, take the transport there

4) You will not level up on any race as long as you stick to the main roads

CLASS SKILLS

All skills are automatically known at level 1.

FINISH!

You have now successfully created your level 1 twink! All that's left is begging other ppl to get you old world enchants, getting your RP sets to match your hairstyle, hours of mind numbing grinding, and epeen overload! Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
You leave out the fact Orcs and trolls can just fly to org for 10-20 silver, forget what it was.

You know the path that leads to the level 4 shaman totem quest? Along that theres a small path you can jump into the ocean from, then walk to Ratchet, then get your main to mail that toon the money to fly to Org.

or just point your mouse north, hit autorun, and afk for 4 min ... but i'll add it just for you :)

Great post, where's the alliance info? I think gnome/dwarf was the only race that I came close to leveling by running to turn off XP, and only because IF has an exploration point before the city (Gates of Ironforge). Also, gnomes/dwarves are the only ones that HAVE to run thru hostile mobs to reach the city. I think undead have mobs along the road to brill, but nothing like that dang tunnel.

added the location of the alliance guy...but i realized something in the process.

during the past 5 years of playing wow, i've only ever made/played 1 alliance character (a currently lvl23 Draenei hunter...who has been 23 since about 4 days after TBC came out). this means i have no clue whatsoever about how to get you guys to stormwind without leveling....can someone who has knowledge on the subject write up a travel guide so i can post it?

bump for sticky & someone to write non-cheese method for alliance :)

If you're a human you can run directly to from Northshire Abby to SW by following the road south out of Northshire Abby. Once you get out of Northshire Abby go due west until you hit the next road. You will probably die as ~ level 5 mobs patrol this area. If you do die just resurrect as far west as you can from the point you died. Once you reach the road follow it north until you get to SW, then head to SW Keep in the eastern part of the city and find Behsten stealthed in the SW corner of the room that has all the various Battle Masters in it. By talking with Behsten you can turn off your Experience for 10g. Traveling this way will yield you minimal XP and will keep you level 1.

Hope that helps a bit. I'll sticky this and your other guide. Well done.

-Ink

Tacocat.

Users who are viewing this thread