Base Resilience increased to 65%

Magicuser

Legend
Blizzard says, in the patch notes for 5.3, that:

• Additional information and explanation for the reasoning behind PvP changes will be available very soon.
  • All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.
  • Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
  • PvP Power will remain on PvP gear.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure on the math, but if you lose all resilience boost from your gear, will it even out a bit, even if you're fully resilience gemmed?

Depends how much resi is from actual gear. Using hexlol as an example, it's about half from gear, half from gems. Without any adjustment to resilience DR, he'll have 81.5% post patch, where he has 74% now.

Looks like a buff to me.

What it does do is to level the playing field for DPS classes, especially monks.

If only they could replace actual pvp resilience on gear to pvp power...and make it so resilience reduce healing as well. 19k crit bubbles are -not- fine.

Wouldn't try taking PvP changes into full value just yet, till we get more info regarding the matter. Right now with the little information we've been given on notes, hard to judge based on it.

Not to mention the ridiculous resilience after 60-64 when armour with sockets are obtainable. Blizzard will need to think of the leveling brackets, in order not to ruin the 'experience of leveling via PvP'

In short, lot of variables, still awaiting more info~

Something I posted on the US forum regarding this.

PvP changes are getting worse and worse by the looks of things, won't be long till everyone has 20% base PvP power or some dumbass change that blizzard hasn't thought through once again ^+^

Yup. I really want to punch a developer.

- Base Resilience will be set to 65% for all characters level 85 and higher

I see two options: 70s will have 40% base resil OR 0% . Anyway , oneshots will be back

Notes have been updated.
PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 - World of Warcraft

.Base Resilience will be set to 65% for all characters level 85 and higher
.Resilience will be removed from nearly all PvP gear
.Players will still be able to use Resilience gems and enchants

- Base Resilience will be set to 65% for all characters level 85 and higher

I see two options: 70s will have 40% base resil OR 0% . Anyway , oneshots will be back
i guess currently the 5.3 will be nothing change for the braket. They will not alter the items. I'm sure.

PvP set bonuses that currently provide Resilience will now provide PvP Power

Nice change too.
Also suggests they may in fact modify 70 gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if that blizzard should add some pvp power onto brutal pieces.. if there changing all the gear from 85 and above and giving them 65% base resi surely they should have time to give 70 PvP gear a little tweak :p

poor monks would suffer even more though :(

I think if that blizzard should add some pvp power onto brutal pieces.. if there changing all the gear from 85 and above and giving them 65% base resi surely they should have time to give 70 PvP gear a little tweak :p

Except they won't. Chances are they added the level 85 "requirement" for the base resilience it's an excuse to deliberately not change anything about lower levels. Half of the (reasonably) well fixed tier 10 set bonuses (and below) got broken with MoP, and they did nothing about it. Don't expect change.

Users who are viewing this thread