Bankbeauty Arena Wargames Tournament.

uhh bank I got something to ask. I almost all my dude's gear is grandfathered so does that mean I won't be able to go into the tourneymount? Because I really wanna but I just was wondering. Or would I need a whole new gearset? Also is the fire festival shoulders allowed?

Fire Festival shoulder are allowed. Well, I might change rule about weapon, since it ain't easy for rogue to get 2 decent weapon without Gf'd or BoA.

About gear, well, I know you're using the RFC chest which is legal. About the gear I will come back, you know, I can't just say yes to youa nd no the others, but I'll have to setup some mroe rules about gear, after several verification

Its a fun idea bank, and everyone in the community appreciates all the work you are putting into promoting our bracket.

However, and i know you feel exactly the same way, those of us who worked so hard to get BiS whether gf'd or not are very proud of that work and timing and it can be hard for some of us to take off all our gear just to make it "fair" for people who didnt bother to gear.

This doesnt mean that i wouldnt regear and play. I just have always had a confused expression on my face when anyone suggests that twinking should be fair. I always thought the point was to gear and skill better than the next guy in order to advantage yourself and win. Of course, this is game and is meant to be played for fun. Obviously those who didnt bother to make BiS toons wouldnt have as much fun if their skill failed to hold up to our gear. Your tournament idea is great, and i have every hope that it will get some people to roll some new 10s and get a little activity up. Im just saying and hoping that sometime soon the 10 community can have a real showdown with those of us who have always been active on 10s. I miss the arena opportunity for us to match up cross realm. I still rem taking down bamf warr v warr in arena lol. i roll a 19 pally, mage and hunter who use the same boas as my 10s which is why ive hesitated to xfer to you guys so far.

Tên

Hästë

Dangerdoom said:
Its a fun idea bank, and everyone in the community appreciates all the work you are putting into promoting our bracket.

However, and i know you feel exactly the same way, those of us who worked so hard to get BiS whether gf'd or not are very proud of that work and timing and it can be hard for some of us to take off all our gear just to make it "fair" for people who didnt bother to gear.

This doesnt mean that i wouldnt regear and play. I just have always had a confused expression on my face when anyone suggests that twinking should be fair. I always thought the point was to gear and skill better than the next guy in order to advantage yourself and win. Of course, this is game and is meant to be played for fun. Obviously those who didnt bother to make BiS toons wouldnt have as much fun if their skill failed to hold up to our gear. Your tournament idea is great, and i have every hope that it will get some people to roll some new 10s and get a little activity up. Im just saying and hoping that sometime soon the 10 community can have a real showdown with those of us who have always been active on 10s. I miss the arena opportunity for us to match up cross realm. I still rem taking down bamf warr v warr in arena lol. i roll a 19 pally, mage and hunter who use the same boas as my 10s which is why ive hesitated to xfer to you guys so far.

Tên

Hästë

I know what you mean. I have a full GF'd and BoAs set. I know we all worked to get things done, get our gear pre cataclysm, Faction changed, transfered. Did quest no one thought tens could even complete, get gear got enough to be level 19 BiS or close. I understand that twinking isn't about being fair, but it's an arena tournament. And seriously, if you just started, you can hardly get close to BiS. It is possible I made a shammy and he's pretty much close to what even a pre-cata BiS would be, but still not. But my problem is when, for example, I duel a pally on bankbeauty and he's a post-cata, the gear difference is pretty epic just there.

I want it to be fair and not just a gear show. I'll record several of the fight, I want to be able to show something interesting and not just the few elites burning everyone down because they're BiS'd out and are decently skilled. I thought about saying, only Post-Cata twink, but you know, I don't even have a fully geared one.

I might change rules, yes. I will work to make even. The way newer player can compete without being outnumbered by stats and gear.

Nice, wargames naked? :pPP no gear allowed.

Thanks for hearing out my point. Ill still want to participate, by gearing down to tourney specs. Please clarify if this is only for medivh realm though.

Decoidz said:
is this for twinks?

If your definition of twinking is to overcome your opposite by having more gear then them and faceroll them, then no it's not for twink.

Stunggix said:
Nice, wargames naked? :pPP no gear allowed.

And I thought you were a long time 10 twinker.

I'm sorry to hear you're not or simply short minded. But Before shitty Wotlk, us level 10, didn't have all the squishy BoAs around.

Dangerdoom said:
Thanks for hearing out my point. Ill still want to participate, by gearing down to tourney specs. Please clarify if this is only for medivh realm though.

Thanks, it is Medivh only since it's wargames.

Also, for everyone not clearly understanding my point, this will be a more skill concentred tournament then a Gear-Showoff one.

We won't run naked, but mostly run like everyone that rolled post-patch 4.0.1.

I'm not against the use of BoA or Grandfathered, not at all, and my toobns have everything they need, but my point is simply that, for THIS tournament, I want a skill focused one, with every having no advantage over others. Like I said, if you don't like the idea you aren't forced in joining it either.

i was soooo pro on my warr precata, over 3000 duels won again anyone that walked by in crossroads up to lvl35. but i feel so damn gimped without my hamstring. the new boas dont make up for the lack of cc and options for ranging, losing, bandaging etc. i suppose with a real healer a warr could still be viable? i know this is OT, but im new to forum and in a sense it is on topic because to play with you guys i have to choose a class to xfer for your event.

bankbeauty said:
If your definition of twinking is to overcome your opposite by having more gear then them and faceroll them, then no it's not for twink.

And I thought you were a long time 10 twinker.

I'm sorry to hear you're not or simply short minded. But Before shitty Wotlk, us level 10, didn't have all the squishy BoAs around.

Thanks, it is Medivh only since it's wargames.

Also, for everyone not clearly understanding my point, this will be a more skill concentred tournament then a Gear-Showoff one.

We won't run naked, but mostly run like everyone that rolled post-patch 4.0.1.

I'm not against the use of BoA or Grandfathered, not at all, and my toobns have everything they need, but my point is simply that, for THIS tournament, I want a skill focused one, with every having no advantage over others. Like I said, if you don't like the idea you aren't forced in joining it either.

werent twinks created to have better gear and faceroll other ones?

Dangerdoom said:
i was soooo pro on my warr precata, over 3000 duels won again anyone that walked by in crossroads up to lvl35. but i feel so damn gimped without my hamstring. the new boas dont make up for the lack of cc and options for ranging, losing, bandaging etc. i suppose with a real healer a warr could still be viable? i know this is OT, but im new to forum and in a sense it is on topic because to play with you guys i have to choose a class to xfer for your event.

Ro a warrior fury, achieved with a lot of lucky crusader proc to beat me in a few duels. Warriors Dps can be above understanding.

Decoidz said:
werent twinks created to have better gear and faceroll other ones?

Well I dunno, I didn't twink for that reason.

Anyway, after seeing the reaction, I'll change the rules!

Rules Changed, It's in the Section Gear list

Let me know what you guys think about that or any suggestion to make it a bit more fair

ye im long time 10 twinkker but twinks was make to get best gear. Without any overpowered gear it's only 10lvl pvp, nothing to do with twinks.

Seems like people with grandfathered gear only thinks for themselves. Imo it was a good rule to not allow Grand Fathered items, because now those without will stand no chance against the grandfathered players (since only one is allowed). Twinking is about getting the best gear out there, but this is a tournament where you should show off your skill and not gear. I see thats how bankbeaty thought. Which was a good idea. Now with the grandfathered gear there won't be skill involved, therefor less glory for the victorious. I don't play 10 twink, but if i had grandfathered gear i would start to collect gear for the tournament. If it is impossible to obtain the current bis item, I could understand there will be a problem. Then equip a bad thing in one slot and take a grandfathered item in the next. That would equal the stats so that could solve the problem.

I won't be in the tournament

I don't have a 10 twink

I just wanted to share my thoughts on how the situation is.

I wish you all luck for the tournament and I hope you can make a great movie out of it so i have something to watch! :)

I am interested :) i had a question though.....

is the "healing" based on class or spec. i.e. a ret pally can heal, so if i spec ret can my partner be a priesT? My RL buddy is bringing over his 10 priest and i was wondering if i could spec as prot or ret and use that wa smy team?

Sounds like an awesome idea! Can't wait to see the different comps everyone comes up with. On a note of making things fairer for people gear wise, I'm thinking that using AGM should be banned. Not having it on for the 12 stam, but the actual use of the 1k shield. A lot of twinks haven't gotten around to farming it yet and it could help encourage more people to play =)

Will probably restrict the use of AGM.

BuFro said:
I am interested :) i had a question though.....

is the "healing" based on class or spec. i.e. a ret pally can heal, so if i spec ret can my partner be a priesT? My RL buddy is bringing over his 10 priest and i was wondering if i could spec as prot or ret and use that wa smy team?

I meant, no Resto shammy resto shammy build or holy pally holy pally or even healing prot pally holy pally. You know, it's just against never ending arena

Users who are viewing this thread