Avoiding XP in other games / WTB Final Fantasy 14 (FFXIV) account

Tinytony

Grandfathered
Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I was active on WoW and these Forums, but back in the day I played maybe 500 hours on a level 1 Rogue and completely fell in love with the concept of hunting around and experimenting to see what cheeky business I could get up to on that character. I quit WoW and have no intentions of returning, but I have started playing Level 1s in other games and have been really enjoying the experience. I could talk for hours about all the crazy crap I've been up to in Oldschool Runescape and Adventure Quest 3D.

Recently I started looking into Final fantasy 14 as a game to potentially try playing at level 1, but from what I can tell, after they released the Endwalker expansion it's no longer possible to get a level 1 through the tutorial quests/instance without leveling it up because they gave those quests 8x more EXP. So to get to the point, if anyone here has an account they'd be willing to sell which has a level 1 character who finished the first quest, I'd be keen to pay a couple hundred bucks for it, or if anybody would like to suggest ideas for somehow dodging the level-up please fire away! I would love the help brainstorming ways to potentially break out.

Anyway, has anybody else here been inspired to stop gaining XP in other games? I'd love to hear about other peoples experiences!

*edit: no longer looking for an account, I found a way out :HYPERKEKW:

Last edited:
I have actually dappled in twinking/lvl1 experiences on some old games in the past, way before WoW and after it.
-The first kind which technically counts as twinking was in a PS2 game called Digimon World 4. Their enemies scaled with you while you level up, and yes that includes endgame as well. Hell even on it's NG+ difficulties they still are tied to your level (albeit with extra stats %). So I cracked this plan to reach level 50 (since that's the sweet spot for making you eligible for Signature weapon drops/Legendary weapons.) and never go beyond that by intentionally killing myself incase I'm close to lvling up. The game's level cap is 999, no joke it's sheer insanity.

-The second kind was in GrimDawn, a Diablo like game which is IMO really great. I intentionally capped my level at around 40 since on that level legendaries begin to drop. And intentionally killing myself to prevent leveling up.

-The third kind which may not count as twinking perse more so as "challenge runs", these are the classic soul level 1 runs in the Darksouls trilogy.
Where you basically beat the games without leveling up at all and picking the starting class which has the least level possible. The actual twinking, however, began in Elden Ring, it's where I took that level 1-25 runs and added PVP into the mix. Suffice to say, the Elden Ring pvp twinking is the worst kind of experience imaginable. Lack of balance, cheaters since im a PC player mostly, and overleveled helpers that makes your hit deal minimal damage to them etc.
Gathering gear, equipments, talismans and all sorts of stuff for your low lvl twink is hard especially when the other half of the game will 100% one shot you. So majority of people twink by asking others to drop OP stuff for them instead. I, however, being the lonely and broke son of a bitch took it upon myself to finish Elden Ring on a lvl20 character. Sadly The Fire Giant was my limit, but I managed to get solid stuff for my twink.

Years ago I played a mobile mmo called Arcane Legends on my phone, I then realised you could get it on Chrome browser and play on pc too. I would plug an xbox controller in and play like that or could use mouse and keyboard.

It actually had an xp lock in settings so could twink at many levels as had bgs.

Had other twinks in bgs too, items came from the AH but could get very expensive depending on the level.

Was fun at the time as I would play with my siblings and all farm dungeons etc to level up.

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys. This stuff is insanely fascinating to me.
I just wanted to update that I'm not looking to buy a FF account anymore. I managed to dodge the first quest with some creativity and have been having a blast achievement hunting over the last few weeks

There is also the option of locking your level in LotRO in the form of a trinket purchaseable off the in-game store (though you can get the necessary currency by playing the game).

The flow of the game is a bit odd so I never got far into it.

I've dreamed of locking my level in some more obscure MMOs, but most don't give the option up front.

Users who are viewing this thread