Armor as Hpala, 19 twink?

Quindor

Legend
Hello people. Quindor ( Me) and Mesikämmen was wondering, which head you are using as Holy paladin ( When you're healing, not as FC)?:rolleyes:
- Opinions are divided about whether which Head you are using, but we're not quite sure. If would you please say which opinion you've got, please comment down here ^^

- Thanks in Advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also what I'd like to know, how beneficial is it to pick mail armor over "stat-armor", IE mail boots instead of spidersilk, mail gloves instead of serpentis gloves, etc.

Cheers

Opinions on this matter is very scattered, especially between EU and US. In EU I'd say the norm is to roll with heavy armor and not so much crit, while in US a more crit-based setup seems to be the most usual setup. But the truth is that there is no such thing as in "best" when it comes to Holy Paladin gearing; it's all very situational.

IMHO I prefer to roll with this setup. I feel that the Paladin heals already are strong as they are so I rather go for some survival instead.

Lfh in all gear sets. Armour redcues a lot of dmg in pugs for example in fc gear all mail gear I have 50% dmg reduc from melee plus 4% from resi which is a decent amount of dmg reduc. But when you get other players like isa using cloth\leather gear to get max stam doubt he has above 35% dmg reduc. But imo mail > cloth in pugs. Slightly less stam but a lot more dmg reduc.

TBH, it all depends whether or not you have one of the grandfathered shields. If you have deadskull/arctic buckler, then your can afford to switch out some slots for lower armour higher stat gear. If you dont have em, then i'd say get around 50% reduction with armor/resi then start focusing on stats.

Lfh in all gear sets. Armour redcues a lot of dmg in pugs for example in fc gear all mail gear I have 50% dmg reduc from melee plus 4% from resi which is a decent amount of dmg reduc. But when you get other players like isa using cloth\leather gear to get max stam doubt he has above 35% dmg reduc. But imo mail > cloth in pugs. Slightly less stam but a lot more dmg reduc.

Still 40% even though he has mail in only 2 slots :O and that is without Devotion aura. WTB shields for druids too... :(
Another point of view, full mail also looks a lot more badass...

crit is beste, stack cloth in almost every game

the advantages, healing+crit+dmg, outweigh the times when you could get instagibb't

roll armor if ur scared of getting kicked and dying during the lockout

only exception is when you're on D, as the only healer, and they have multiple rogs. thats when u cant take the risk of getting instagibb't and should wear a bit more armor.

This is a pretty clear-cut case of "look at what you would lose in each set and make the decision for yourself".

This is the gearset I start every WSG in: chardev 9, full healing gear. I have chosen 100health > 4 stats to chest, cause I also use that chest for FC'ing. I put 10 haste to gloves since, with talents, this will decrease my FoL cast time to ~1.2 sec with Judgement buff and excatcly 1.0sec with LB.

This is the gearset I use when I find myself targeted by rogues and other melees: chardev 9, all the mail I can get, with the Raging Berserker helm for Hit cap. This is almost identical with my FC'ing gear, except for 8sta cloak, 10sta belt, 5 sta bracers, LFH and Shield of the Barrens.

best helm is cloth boa helm cause it gives int crit and haste and stam, those r the 4 best stats for a pally

You can't find a direct answerr just a mixed set of opinions by experienced paladins. At the end of the day its purely situation and person prefrence.

But one thing I will say if your not spell capped in any spec\gear set, please leave the bracket.

I like to go with this mana set: Idiote @ Bleeding Hollow - Game Guide - World of Warcraft; pretty self-explanatory, mana = heals. I wouldn't sweat crit too much since a lot of it is overhealing. That being said, it's still nice to have 20-25%.

I realize this is a EU thread but I don't think it matters where you're from as long as you play the class listed.

p.s. if I had woodworking gloves and spidersilk boots i would use them

edit: turns out I do have spidersilk but still want workshop

Last edited:
Paladinlol @ Elune - Game Guide - World of Warcraft

Regular healing set, I switch gear around depending on the other teams comp

Surv hunter stacked teams 3-4: I swap my cloak for firebane's with +15 fire resist & swap my head for the valor boa one for more armor and to maintain hitcap
Surv hunter stacked teams 5+: I like to use firebane's & keeshan's

Heavy physical teams: I like to roll with a little bit more armor, switching out my legs to forestkeeper's & my helm to mystical coif of elements & shield to redbeards crest

mix and match it's all personal pref

I like to go with this mana set: Idiote @ Bleeding Hollow - Game Guide - World of Warcraft; pretty self-explanatory, mana = heals. I wouldn't sweat crit too much since a lot of it is overhealing. That being said, it's still nice to have 20-25%.

I realize this is a EU thread but I don't think it matters where you're from as long as you play the class listed.

p.s. if I had workshop gloves and spidersilk boots i would use them

edit: turns out I do have spidersilk but still want workshop
I would take Stillwater's Signet and Acqusition Bracers instead of Lavishly. for 4 sta over 3 int. minor thing but noteable :)

I would take Stillwater's Signet and Acqusition Bracers instead of Lavishly. for 4 sta over 3 int. minor thing but noteable :)

Int > health for a wsg healing set. Thank you for your input though sir.

Users who are viewing this thread