AP Arena Tournament with TCG Prizes!

Zatox

OG

Summary

There will be a 3v3 tourney with TCG prizes ( 3 Tabard of Flame - Item - World of Warcraft! ). On a sunday before fishing. It will be a round robin style tournament, where every team will fight every other team. This is done to ensure balance, everyone is given a chance, you wont just fight one all-star team, lose, and be out, you fight them all. It will be best 2/3. Every arena match you win will give you a point. The top 4 teams with the most points will advance to finals on a separate day. In order to enter, simply state your team name in the thread, along with the players you will be partnering with. Your team name will be put in the OP. There is a possibility matches will be streamed for everyone to watch. If you are interested in pitching in to make a better prize pool, contact Kahr here or on skype (zack_downing).

Example of what arena is like for players who have never really tried it, click link below

http://www.twinkinfo.com/f2p-twinking/32786-swagcleavic-wizkidone-new-aerie-peak-arena-video

We appreciate your feedback, let us know what you think

Looking for a possible teams? Post in the thread below.
http://www.twinkinfo.com/f2p-twinking/33532-looking-team-arena-tourney-thread.html

Rules

1. Arena Grand Master - Item - World of Warcraft will be allowed to WEAR, but not use .

2. No Hunters or Retribution Paladins, if you've ever played against a team with a good one of these, you know why.

3. No more then 1 of each class per team.

4. If you D/C within the first 25 seconds of combat, the game will be reset. If after 25 seconds, the match will not be reset.

5. First map will be Nagrand, following maps will be decided by whichever team loses a match.

6. Minimum of 8 teams required, maximum of 12 teams. Entering the tourney will be closed a week prior to the actual event. If the 8 team minimum hasn't been reached it will remain open till 8 slots are filled.

Tourney date and time
To be decided when we get our teams signed up, but I promise it will take place on a Sunday before fishing.

--Competitors must be on an hour to half an hour before the actual Tournament begins for prep.

Teams
1.Team Squish- Yoshimi,Swagduffle,Swagpurse
2.We wish Êarl was Ret-Shaurooke,Xaurooke,Earl
3.Name-Kredjr,Nicozy,Vianco

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P. the wizkids they were cool, why did they quit? :(
I guess someone else actually has a chance at winning now...

from what i gather, wizkidone is busy with school and wizkidtwo has become bored with f2p.
Gotta be kidding me -_- Too bad.

Currently, I think I'm going to postpone the tournament. Swag was going to take care of the bracketing which he wont do now. As well, im going to tinker and refine the rules to appease almost everyone.

If I may suggest a new tournament date.
Either:
Push it back one week to the 13th to give time to refine rules, train inexperienced arena participants, and form more teams.
or
Move it to the 27th because I believe a vast majority will pick up D3 on the 15th and that first weekend will be "reserved" for such play.

If I may suggest a new tournament date.
train inexperienced arena participants, and form more teams.
I like this idea, if this is about attracting new players you can have the competitive players play some other time separately. Let newer players duke it out so they feel they have the chance

perhaps people should get their teams or former teams ready for some test games, and post it on some thread once they're ready.

I think
Medanx
Atychiphobia
Laglol

not 100% sure.

Can we please just not have prot paladins? Lets all be honest with ourselves. If you're trying to play with a prot paladin you're just trying to circumvent the double healer rule. Having a prot paladin forces the other team to have to sit on the rogue while you and the shaman simply outheal the other team until they make a mistake. That doesn't make for good game-play. That's just going to force every team to have to play with a prot paladin.

Can we please just not have prot paladins? Lets all be honest with ourselves. If you're trying to play with a prot paladin you're just trying to circumvent the double healer rule. Having a prot paladin forces the other team to have to sit on the rogue while you and the shaman simply outheal the other team until they make a mistake. That doesn't make for good game-play. That's just going to force every team to have to play with a prot paladin.

But... my only geared character is a pally. D:

(obligatory spriests nao comment here.)

Pick one, no ret, or no prot.

Thats like saying no mages at 85, or like saying that they cant play frost.

he is right - it makes no sense to ban rets, ban double healers, and then not ban prots. one of the many issues with this ruleset.

A question on the AGM's, when you say you can't use agm's does that mean you can't have the trinket on you? or you just can't use the sheild?

@ Jdoring, Frost is bad, fire is da the way to flow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread