News Anonymous Posting changes.

Conq

All Anonymous posts now go through the moderation queue before going live. It's my hope that this will both encourage anonymous individuals to post relevant content and significantly lower the bar of entry into our community while simultaneously nullifying the issues of this features abuse!

All Anonymous posts now go through the moderation queue before going live. It's my hope that this will both encourage anonymous individuals to post relevant content and significantly lower the bar of entry into our community while simultaneously nullifying the issues of this features abuse!
I really think this is the best solution, Conq.

Despite the fact we have seen the obvious share of spam posts by people on anon, we actually have seen a good handful of anonymous posts that are genuinely quite good. I had some good discussions with some folks on Anon who I recognized from the 60 community over in that neck of the woods.

Seems like what will be the best idea.

:eek: you really gonna read thru every post? (Sees 9001 "twinks are feggits" posts in queue :D)

While this is great- it relies on Mod oversight. As long as the Team is happy to monitor posts, it seems like a great idea. Glad something was done to fix (hopefully) the issues with anon posting.

While this is great- it relies on Mod oversight. As long as the Team is happy to monitor posts, it seems like a great idea. Glad something was done to fix (hopefully) the issues with anon posting.
I'm more than happy to do this to ensure that people making genuinely productive anonymous posts get a chance to.

This was my biggest concern as well, especially considering classic WoW influx of players and other things on the table but the mods seemed eager for the change.

Users who are viewing this thread