A short grammar lesson.

When refering to a noun that belongs to an article you are talking to you should use your.

e.g. This is your pen.

When refering to an article using the shortened, abreviated version of you are you should use you're.

e.g. You're holding a pen.

I mention this because i see this mistake so many times in peoples posts and it makes me die on the inside alittle each time.

/grammar police off

ninedash said:
thanks man, you're a great teacher!

Fixed. I should have anticipated that.

If anyone else has any homework they need marked i would be more than happy to correct any other mistakes that have been made.

Kore nametooshort said:
Fixed. I should have anticipated that.

If anyone else has any homework they need marked I would be more than happy to correct any other mistakes that have been made.

fixed

<3<3<3

you're lesson will not be soon forgotten.

In Dutch. =3

Dit is jouw pen

This is your pen

Jij houdt een pen vast

You're holding a pen (litteraly 'you hold a pen')

OMG AWESOME! Gib Moer lesson pl0x.

Fore example can you do the There, they're, their and THARE PLEASE!

SRSLY BTW!

Rayu said:
In Dutch. =3

Dit is jouw pen

This is your pen

Jij houdt een pen vast

You're holding a pen (litteraly 'you hold a pen')

Rayu is from an other part of The Netherlands, Im from Brabant and in Brabant we say:

Dit is jouw Piemel

This is your pen

Jij houdt een Piemel vast

You're holding a pen

When refering to an article using the shortened, abreviated version of you are you should use you're.

e.g. You're holding a pen.

I mention this because i see this mistake so many times in peoples posts and it makes me die on the inside alittle each time.

How about a spelling lesson? The correct spelling for the bold words above is: abbreviated and a little.

Sorry mate, grammar and punctuation are different things, you can't have both just like that. These things require time. However, in future lessons I will try to conform to the strictest standards.

If you want a there, their and they're lesson I'm afraid you will have to wait. I will need at least two weeks to do some proper research.

ah, I almost forgot last night.

who's whose, GOGO

and are/is while we're at it

and how about rogUe

I also hate it when people spell huntards wrong, really irks me

Twinkytoes said:
I see what you're trying to do here. CWUTIDIDTHAR?

I see that you used correct grammar? xD

I must also congratulate speakers of American English on being a more caring people than English speakers of English.

Americans could care less, while Engilsh couldn't.

(or for a more WoW relevant term, the American's care cup still has something in it).

Users who are viewing this thread