80% + crit on lvl 10 hunters in Cata?

Right now I can get to just over 60% unbuffed. With reforging and new gear this will probably be close to 80%. 2 crit to Engy goggles, 3 crit on silver embossed boots, add +25 agi to BAR, + cata BoA's . . . Make your level 10's now :) - looks like they may be very OP.

Ioerror said:
Right now I can get to just over 60% unbuffed. With reforging and new gear this will probably be close to 80%. 2 crit to Engy goggles, 3 crit on silver embossed boots, add +25 agi to BAR, + cata BoA's . . . Make your level 10's now :) - looks like they may be very OP.

Now 10 rogues can get almost 80% unbuffed, 100% in cata then?

Ioerror, are you liking the way 10 hunters are looking in Cata? I havnt been following 10 changes a whole lot, but Im working on a 10 hunter and I dont want it to suck when Cata rolls around. It seems like theyre gonna put less emphasis on haste and more on crit? Or will stacking haste give them insane focus regen?

We're not sure if reforging will be available to low levels yet. If they do make it available, I bet you could easily get over 100% crit. Haste and crit are scaling exactly the same as far as I can tell, making all that useless spirit gear very appealing to reforge.

I don't like hunters either - 19 hunters that is - my old 19 got boring so I started making 10's. At least at lvl 10 without wingclip it takes more skill. The best thing about Cata will be the new lowbie gear. 10's miss out on the satchels. Also lvl 10's have so few choices in gear especially since the only blues we get are from quests. As long as haste and crit scales the way it presently does . . . 10's will be fun. <----LF not eating these words.

Actually you are better of going for more haste.

At lvl 10 to get 1% crit is takes 14/26=0.538 crit rating or in other words 1.86% crit from 1 crit rating.

However at lvl 10 to get 1% haste it only takes 10/26=0.384 haste rating or in other words 2.6% haste from 1 haste rating

Now 1% more crit is 1% more chance to get a double damage hit.

And 1% more haste is 1% more hits.

The end result should be the same on a % base but when looking at ratings haste wins it.

Also you suggest 25agi on BoA to get some extra crit but by doing that you lose 52% haste.

And finally a other very important part is that in cata your focus regen gets increased with more haste.

Haste certainly does not help when kiting. So to get 1 BAR w/25 agi and another w/counterweight will be a good way to go. Atm I also have Crescent staff w/25 agi so can swap whenever depending upon the situation. And if Crescent staff can be reforged . . . that would be interesting too.

@Subpar - Aimed Shot (http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=19434) with haste regenerating focus twice as fast as 19's looks very very sexy. Nothing like doing 300% - and with around 50% crit chance in my regular wsg gear . . . wow!

Ioerror said:
Haste certainly does not help when kiting. So to get 1 BAR w/25 agi and another w/counterweight will be a good way to go. Atm I also have Crescent staff w/25 agi so can swap whenever depending upon the situation. And if Crescent staff can be reforged . . . that would be interesting too.

@Subpar - Aimed Shot (Aimed Shot - Spell - World of Warcraft) with haste regenerating focus twice as fast as 19's looks very very sexy. Nothing like doing 300% - and with around 50% crit chance in my regular wsg gear . . . wow!

Aimed Shot no longer deals 300% of weapon damage, now deals [ 40% of RAP + 681 ] damage. Cast time increased from 2 sec to 3 sec.

Murgle glurg

I guess I don't have to eat my words.

May 27 update.

Over 104% in crit gear - full haste (minus the 10 on gloves)

Around 99% with Full haste and almost full crit.

+25 agi on a BAR would vastly reduce damage but would also boost crit and AP - no real point in doing that however.

and Yes Curley wsg is "a poppin" for tens.

Users who are viewing this thread