80-81-82-83 or 84.

control143

Legend
Hello,

My and some friends plan to do again arena at 80's, but ive been reading and checking the gear and i'm wondering or its worth going to 84?

I'm a mage btw, so basicly my question;
As a mage who only pvp, what level would be best?

Regards,
Control

Something to consider: After you level past 80, you can't invite anyone to your arena team (or create a new one), so you're stuck with the same players/characters forever (and if they go inactive/reroll/level, you're pretty much screwed).

I'm not sure if you can maintain crit cap beyond 80, and at 80 you have barely enough stats to wear half a pvp set with hit/crit caps (26% hit vs 84).

Mastery is a good stat, but definitely not better than crit to cap, and not as useful when you can't even get a good combust off (not to mention it can be simply dispelled). Unless you're frost that is, but I'm not sure how much bomb crits for at this level.

I was thinking of going to 82 on my death knigth as there's much more spec related MoP gear available at that level as well as MoP gems in the 417 gear to make up for the reduced benefit I'd get from combat ratings - I'd also be able to go full plate at 82 and get my plate specialization bonus.

Has anyone done any analysis to determine what level is actually best for DKs atm?

He'll be going dual-wield frost just as soon as I get another 1h MoP weapon.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
no point trying 80 arena just go 84 like everyone else and roll mage/priest no one will beat you

Plunka @ Barthilas - Community - World of Warcraft

Just FYI for an 84 twink running uncapped BGs, roflstomping peoiple with 30k hp

If you had any resilience they shouldn't be able to hit you over maybe 15k, you should be fine just sticking at lvl 80, don't think 84's is that much of an improvement, it's not, you may get a bit more stam, but you'll lose too much of your stats and it's not worth the loss.

I can easily 1 shot any of the 84's in the bracket atm along with many other classes at 80, especially if you're a mage.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Jonqui/simple

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of going to 82 on my death knigth as there's much more spec related MoP gear available at that level as well as MoP gems in the 417 gear to make up for the reduced benefit I'd get from combat ratings - I'd also be able to go full plate at 82 and get my plate specialization bonus.

Has anyone done any analysis to determine what level is actually best for DKs atm?

He'll be going dual-wield frost just as soon as I get another 1h MoP weapon.

Thanks

BUMP! Was wondering the same, alot of good stuff at 81-82. Would the dr on stats outweigh the use of 81-82 mop items?
There are some really stronge items at 81-82.
Talking about dk's

Hi guys, I'm building an 80 fury warrior so the gear would be similar to a DK. I was also wondering about the 80-82 differences so i made a wowhead comparison using pve gear only.
The proffs on the lvl 80 would be alchemy for the trinket + skinning for the sick crit rating. On the 82 i'd switch alchemy for jewelcrafting because of the two epic 480 crit gems and the jc trinket and keep the skining. In both builds i am going for max crit.

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

(the extra 480 crit gems in Zoid's Scorched Bracers are there to represent the crit rating from skinning)

If you go 82 you gain:
33k health, around 550 dps (from weapon and extra strength) and 22% haste

You lose:
10% mastery, 1% expertise (but you already have more than enough), 27% hit rating (also have more than enough).

The crit remains the same, around 71%.
(to compare it yourself, just switch the level from the drop down menu in the top left bracket)

Users who are viewing this thread