69 Hybrid CC Shaman?

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
so is this just saying what is gonna rape or are you asking for comments on the spec and whatnot.

Deadhed said:
so is this just saying what is gonna rape or are you asking for comments on the spec and whatnot.

Criticism is welcome of course, this is what I plan on rolling next patch along with my 49 shaman.

Well I've never done 69s, but I don't really see it being too viable. I'd recommend you spec like this though

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=hEc0qcd0xhZMgghoV00M

Anticipation is really useless, I doubt you'll be melee-ing anyone with that spec. Plus you'll really need Imp Guardian Totems to help with fears and stuff if you'll have Earthbind down a majority of the time, Imp GW is a must too. As for the Elemental tree I'd suggest not taking Reverberation, those are really wasted pts, aim for as much dps out of that tree as you can since you'll be missing alot from putting 27 pts into Enhancement for the Frozen Power

Rip said:
Well I've never done 69s, but I don't really see it being too viable. I'd recommend you spec like this though

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=hEc0qcd0xhZMgghoV00M

Anticipation is really useless, I doubt you'll be melee-ing anyone with that spec. Plus you'll really need Imp Guardian Totems to help with fears and stuff if you'll have Earthbind down a majority of the time, Imp GW is a must too. As for the Elemental tree I'd suggest not taking Reverberation, those are really wasted pts, aim for as much dps out of that tree as you can since you'll be missing alot from putting 27 pts into Enhancement for the Frozen Power

I was using Ant as a filler really, just to see what I could come up with down the tree. I don't plan on doing much DPS, I have a partner rolling a 69 with me. I'll be doing the CC, he'll be DPS'ing.

EDIT: My shocks are going to be my main weapon, why would I leave out Reverb? =S

iaccidentallytwink said:
I was using Ant as a filler really, just to see what I could come up with down the tree. I don't plan on doing much DPS, I have a partner rolling a 69 with me. I'll be doing the CC, he'll be DPS'ing.

EDIT: My shocks are going to be my main weapon, why would I leave out Reverb? =S

Because realistically you'll never need to use your Frostshock snare EVERY 5 seconds. I've played around with the Earthroot Snare on the PTR on my Elemental Shaman, and it's retardedly OP. Which is the reason I don't think this hybrid 69 shaman will be that viable in the first place, either one of the snares (Elemental or Enhancemenet) are more than enough to kite someone around forever.

Rip said:
Because realistically you'll never need to use your Frostshock snare EVERY 5 seconds. I've played around with the Earthroot Snare on the PTR on my Elemental Shaman, and it's retardedly OP. Which is the reason I don't think this hybrid 69 shaman will be that viable in the first place, either one of the snares (Elemental or Enhancemenet) are more than enough to kite someone around forever.

I don't plan on doing Arenas though. It's enough to kite someONE around forever, but I plan on keeping the field in my control in WSG. Earthbind when they get close, Frost Shock when they approach. My "blind spot" will only be 2 yards.

I think I've finally decided on this build.

Fire Nova 2 second stuns.

Earthgrab 5 second roots.

Frost Shock 5 second roots.

CC all day, and lots of Shock Damage.

Does grounding totem work on instant spells like Earth Shock?

iaccidentallytwink said:
Does grounding totem work on instant spells like Earth Shock?

yes, but not AoE like cone of cold.

also, on the build, it seems nice against melee but shamans are not great at avoiding slows so it probably won't work out all the time where you can root or kite someone for a long time.

Druiddroid said:
yes, but not AoE like cone of cold.

also, on the build, it seems nice against melee but shamans are not great at avoiding slows so it probably won't work out all the time where you can root or kite someone for a long time.
Well, there's the 30% Slow reduction, but without that I suppose there isn't much for me to do.

What server were you planning on rolling your shaman Thirk?

The idea of making a 69 rogue is fresh in my mind and if I can find someone to play with, I probably will end up doing it

Wendyyy said:
What server were you planning on rolling your shaman Thirk?

The idea of making a 69 rogue is fresh in my mind and if I can find someone to play with, I probably will end up doing it

I already started it on my server, I'd love if you could join me and 2 friends on Spinebreaker. I'm going 69 Shaman, and my friends are going a 69 Warrior and 69 Death Knight.

Casters will eat you alive :/

edit: though, Ele looks great in 3.1 with THUNDERFUCK castable from stun. Def lvling up an old 60 shaman for the 69 bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread