3.3 PTR Patch Notes

Health and Mana Regeneration: These regeneration rates have been increased by up to 200% for low level characters. As a player's level increases, the regeneration rates gradually reduce, returning to normal rates at level 15.

# Pet Resilience: All player pets now get 100% of their master's resilience.

# Spell Mana Costs: These costs have been reduced for almost all lower level spell ranks. In general, if a spell decreased in cost with a higher level rank in patch 3.2.0, that spell now has the decreased cost at all ranks. In addition, spells learned before level 20 with reduced cast times and/or durations have even further reduced mana costs, proportionate to their reduction in cast time or damage.

# Pets

* Avoidance: This talent has been replaced by Culling the Herd. Hunter pets now innately take 90% less damage from area-of-effect abilities like all other class pets. This does not apply to area-of-effect damage caused by other players.

* Cower: Redesigned. This ability no longer affects threat, and instead reduces damage taken by the pet by 40% for 6 seconds with a 45-second cooldown. While cowering, the pet's movement speed is 50% of normal speed. Cower now only has a single rank and is available at pet level 20.

* Culling the Herd: This pet talent has replaced the Avoidance talent in the pet trees (Hunter pets now gain that benefit automatically without expenditure of talent points). Culling the Herd increases pet and hunter damage by 1/2/3% for 10 seconds each time the pet deals a critical strike with Claw, Bite, or Smack.

* Demoralizing Screech: The attack power reduction from this ability has been increased by 40%, equaling the maximum possible attack power reduction from the abilities of other classes.

* Improved Cower: Redesigned. This ability now reduces the movement penalty of Cower by 50%/100%.

* Pet Leveling: Hunter pets now need only 5% of the experience a player needs to level, down from 10%.

* Venom Web Spray: Range increased from 20 yards to 30 yards.

* Web: Range increased from 20 yards to 30 yards.

* Wolverine Bite: This talent is now enabled when the pet lands a critical strike rather than from the target dodging the pet's attacks. In addition, this talent no longer has a prerequisite.

# Dual Wield: Rogues now know this ability upon logging into the game at level 1.

# Stealth: This ability no longer has multiple ranks. While active, the single rank of this ability (available at level 1) allows rogues to move at 70% movement speed.

# Cross-realm instances are now available and use an improved matchmaking system to assist players in looking for additional party members. As with Battlegrounds, the realms in each Battlegroup are connected.

# Enchant Weapon - Unholy: This enchantment now inflicts Shadow damage in addition to its original effect.

# First Aid

* The training costs for most bandages have been reduced.

# Fishing

* The all-new Kalu'ak Fishing Derby, a test of fishing skill with a healthy dash of luck, has come to Northrend! Every Wednesday beginning at 8 PM players can try to catch the elusive Blacktip Shark. Elder Clearwater sits in Dalaran for one hour awaiting the return of the quickest, most experienced fisher to bring him this shark. This champion fisher will be rewarded in-kind for returning with the first catch. Those who aren't able to return with the first catch will still receive just reward for getting the Blacktip Shark to Elder Clearwater before he takes his leave. It is said that these sharks' favorite meal are the bite-sized Pygmy Suckerfish. Perhaps a hook in their waters will do the trick.

The Achievements to get exalted with the Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, and Alterac Valley factions have been removed from their respective "Master of" Meta-Achievements. Special titles will be offered to those who reach exalted with these factions.

Top-level helm and shoulder faction-related enchants are now available as Bind-on-Account items that do not require any faction to use once purchased (they still require the appropriate faction level to purchase).

3.3 10-19 changes

Ya, it's down there a bit. Think I'll do some updating to it.

Kore nametooshort said:
Hmm i didnt realise cower was getting redesigned. This will have a couple effects on some classes hunter dueling tactics.
requires level 20.

i rly don't wanna DL the latest version of PTR... Nothing there looks "changed" from the previous versions as far as straight up PvP wise.

Crilicilyn said:
i rly don't wanna DL the latest version of PTR... Nothing there looks "changed" from the previous versions as far as straight up PvP wise.

Bump it then. As it is, this is on the front page so it wins.

Duckhunt said:
Glad to see you around here Fortunate. Thought you quit playing or something. D:

Sadly I began playing my 80. Or got caught up in college/work/gf I dunno which.

Users who are viewing this thread