3-12-09 Latest PTR Build 9684

Jadyn

39 Evangelist
Just started going up on MMO-Champion. I figured we could use a new thread to discuss the latest changes, since it's hard to keep track of a 10-page thread if you're not looking at it regularly.

Couple things to note, but not a lot yet:

Herbalism

* Lifeblood now has level restrictions for the target. (Rank 3 can't heal targets lower than level 10, level 25 at rank 4, level 40 at rank 5, level 55 at rank 6)

Feral

* Faerie Fire (Feral) now deals [15% of AP + 1] damage. (Up from [5% of AP + 1])

Entrapment changed to - When your Frost Trap, Immolation Trap, Explosive Trap and Snake Trap are triggered you entrap all afflicted targets, preventing them from moving for 2/4/6 sec.

Aura Mastery now causes your Concentration Aura to make all affected targets immune to Silence and Interrupt effects and improve the effect of all other auras by 100%.

* Taste for Blood now gives you a 33/66/100% chance of allowing the use of your Overpower ability for 5 secs whenever your Rend ability causes damage. This talent will not occur more than once every 6 sec.

Forget Aura Mastery, how about the prot palys? they finally got an 11 point talent that could prove very powerful.

2 Minute cooldown, last 10 seconds.

Any one affected with your aura while this is active will direct 30% of there damage taken to the paladin, this cannot go past 300% of the paladins health points.

20,000 hp equals to around 12,000 for 5 people, 60,000 damage total, most people at 77 have 9,000-12,000....so if there is an aoe that takes 3/4 of the health of all party members..pop this and pop divine protection....all aoe dmg is now being taken by you at a 50% reduction. The healer isnt nearly as strained..instead of aoe healing like crazy..just keep single target healing the tank.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scratch that, they nerf/buffed it....instead of maxxing it to 5 people, its now your any one in your raid within 30 yards, but cannot excede 150% of the paladins health.

Rumor has it, Wowwiki contains these notes (but I haven't found them myself yet):

Cobrahide Leg Armor - Wearer must be level 50 or higher.

Clefthide Leg Armor - Wearer must be level 50 or higher.

Mystic Spellthread - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Silver Spellthread - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Arcanum of Rapidity - Wearer must be level 50 or higher.

Arcanum of Focus - Wearer must be level 50 or higher.

Arcanum of Protection - Wearer must be level 50 or higher.

Zandalar Signet of Serenity - Wearer must be level 55 or higher.

Zandalar Signet of Mojo - Wearer must be level 55 or higher.

Zandalar Signet of Might - Wearer must be level 55 or higher.

Power of the Scourge - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Resilience of the Scourge - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Fortitude of the Scourge - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Might of the Scourge - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Golden Spellthread - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Runic Spellthread - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Nethercobra Leg Armor - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

Nethercleft Leg Armor - Wearer must be level 60 or higher.

DL-ing the patch now, I'll check to see if that's true when the realms go up.

Edit: Confirmed that all TBC Armor kits require level "x" +

Jadyn said:
Rumor has it, Wowwiki contains these notes (but I haven't found them myself yet):

Somehow, the arcanum bit just seems.. Very hard to believe. ;p

tweedledum said:
Somehow, the arcanum bit just seems.. Very hard to believe. ;p

Agreed. And I can't seem to find the list. I got it from a pretty reliable poster in Cyclone bg though...

Ishh said:
Check the blog, it's true.

Figures, safe to assume all the others are being changed much the same way, which makes me wonder what's next..

How are the ''top notch'' bc chants looking 39's and above?

eedit: I'm sure I'll live with 800hp less, I doubt gathering professions are gonna take a blow for 49's as 375 is max there anyway. so far, not as bad as it looks

Adt said:
wow @ blizzard going on true bug-fixing frenzy! i'm quite impressed.

This is pretty encouraging, as long as they don't stop there. >.>

Yeah Natural, another case of failure in communication. =/

Naturaltalnt said:
I know a guildie of mine is gonna be pissed..been buying all the ones on the AH...nearing 3 guild bank tabs full of em.

Ouch.

Also, with this wave of changes incoming, I really hope stuff like the lightning capacitor is getting a level req, that'd kick start at least my interest in 60 bg's and a new vanilla account.

Suppose I'll just get me a AGM, engi flashlight and a pair of blackstorms aswell as sorting out 375 mining. Doesn't really look too bad for 49's as far as I can see, librams are a bit of a punch to the groin with the leg chants and all that being rendered useless, but I'm not worried before they screw over my surefooted. ;p

Users who are viewing this thread