29 MM hunter?

I know it's a very popular build these days within the 19 bracket, but I'm not sure of its popularity in 29s. I'm looking at making a 29 hunter laced with plenty of high agility, attack power and intellect items to maximize damage. Right now I'm looking at something like this:

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

which leaves me with about 1600 health and 2400 mana, and 409 ranged attack power. Am I sacrificing too much health for mana/ranged attack power, or will I find success with a "powertower" build, stacking AP and mana to continuously kite and continue using my shots without running out of mana?

I'm afraid you'll be disappointed if you make a hunter in the 29 bracket my good sir, you'll find yourself unable to kill little if any other classes in this bracket.

you'll find yourself dealing a fraction of the damage other classes deal, and overall the gameplay is subpar and boring.

I don't recommend it.

<please please please> dont make a 29 hunter. Theyre more over powered than 19 hunters and thats saying ALOT. Level it to 39 where theres more competition and arguably more twinks there. If youre going to go with 29s, dont make yourself look like an idiot by back peddling or clicking...

A few things...

Most hunters roll with ~250 more HP than you and ~70 less AP. Youre going to barely lose most Hunter vs Hunter battles due to your lack of health, and if you get into a situation where you get focus fired (will happen alot), you will hardly survive long enough to kill them all.

Youre rolling with too much mana. I have 2k mana and thats enough to last me the longest battles that I ever have to fight in BGs. If I ever OOM, just swap to Aspect of the Viper and regen enough of my mana in under 10 seconds. Most hunters roll with around 1.5k to 1.8k.

Some of your gear and enchants are wrong / impossible. You can get a Pathfinders helm for 9/9 stats. Gallan Cuffs are HORDE ONLY... Youre hardly ever going to be shooting with 9 DPS ammo... Its going to be the standard 7.5 DPS. Only scrubs roll with +24 AP on gloves - you get much more DPS with +15 Hit. Unless you really want mana, +24 AP belt is better than 12 Int. For boots, put +7 Stam on instead. Seal of Wrynn? Lol, get Deadman's Hand. Legionnaires Band? Lol, get Charged Gear of the Monkey. No Insignia of the Alliance? Wtf? You need Insignia of the Alliance. AGM is the next BiS.

Compared to my toon, you will be running around with 30 more AP (practically nothing) but im going to have 250 more HP than you. Plus I dont even have AGM.

NO HUNTER PLX !!!

Yesterday a 1770 Hp 29 hunter just killed me in less then 3seconds everytime even including my 424 shield and 2 lesser healingwaves for 800 hp... This ain't fun anymore... I can do NOTHING against those hunters. They crit every shot between 300 - 400 dmg and my healing gets gimped by 50% all around the clock.

Seen a warrior, rlly nice geared trying to get to him, he couldnt even get of a single hit and got chaingunned down in seconds...

Oh and then i forget those imba running speed pets that deal another 50dps.. including poisons, stuns, entangle effects... my god blizz do something about it.

Just remove those op class from bg's cause this is just killing any bit of competition.

Bleh..... its not boa that is ruining the twink game but hunters for sure.

Time to roll a hunter at least then i can pown the shit out of every class in 2 seconds...

AsEeL, Blizzard only caters to end game. If you want fair-er competition as a shaman, move to 39s or 49s or just roll a hunter / rogue in 19s or 29s.

I've always been curious why 29 hunters can't bind the 5 simple abilities that they use in bgs, almost none of them (in the ruin battlegroup atm) know how to backstrafe, cast while moving etc. It's probably the same elsewhere but it seems only bad kids roll hunters now (a few exceptions, of course.)

If you MUST roll a hunter, get the 9/9 helm and enchant gloves with some hit rating so you don't look bad.

Users who are viewing this thread