19 Warrior Guide

chest enchants

why is 25 absorption always overlooked for chest. i cannot tell you HOW many times it procs for me and its good against everything. If it procs even four times that Im alive thats better than 100 health.

Is there a way to track how many times something procs during a battle? Some kind of mod or something aside from just checking your batle log?

Rip said:
3) Proffessions

Skinning is an absolute must imo, 9 crit rating is ~3% crit (?), the 2nd proffession depends on your playstyle (mining for premades, herb for solo Qs)

Skinning is a must, yes, but for premades Engineering > herb and mining.

Rip said:
Armor/Dodge was just a little plus

But Druids really rely on mana to the point where 60 Mana>10HP

Not sure how much standing around a druid does in your premades casting spells, but all the ones I've been in they were in bear form most of the time and hardly stopped to heal themselves since they had CC + healers and never had to worry about running out of mana.

Throat Piercers are the best alternative because they are fast. Not for their stats. Warriors that are snared that try to stop a hunter/mage or what have you from bandaging with a bow or some other slower ranged isn't viable.

All thrown weapons have a 0.5 second casting time, the speed of the weapon only affects the cooldown. Just wanted to clear that up

If you want to get a quick shot off at someone who's bandaging it doesnt matter which thrown weapon you have

Great guide, I have refered back to it many times now.

Don't mean to make extra work for anybody, but was wondering...

Can the original post be edited to remove items (enchants) that can no longer be used? Or am I missing something?

For example, I would love to see an opinion on best leg enchant now since the nerf. Thoughts? I have a feeling I am missing some important piece of info here. Maybe I been spending to much time on my main...

Also, a nice tip from me, since I no longer can use those wonderful fishing boots, I use 2 sets of Silver Linked footguards, 1 with +7 stamina, 1 with minor speed incease. I change them out depending on the situation.

Engi + Herb is imo the best combo, skinning falling far behind both of those.

The best leg kit available is +16 armor on a BoP leggings or +40 armor on a BoE legs (attached the way the old BC leg kits were).

I use Silver Linked with runspeed, and 2 pairs of [item]Savage Trodders[/item] with 7 stam and runspeed.

Updates:

*Librams no longer work.

*[item]rough bronze shoulders[/item]

*Shoulder chants no longer work

*[item]spidersilk drape[/item] for hit

*100 hp to chest no longer works

*[item]Girdle of the Blindwatcher[/item] max stam belt

*Leg kits no longer work

*Max +armor kit on a BoP is +16, currently Rugged Armor kits work on unbound items and then can be traded. (5/5 mail bear with +40 armor for FCing BiS imo)

*Fishing boots req lvl 35

The rest looks pretty up-to-date.

is anything but druid viable nowadays to run the flag?

i can imagine a warry holding it in base...but that can be done by either the druid, or a pally. the same pally that supports the druid running the flag.

to me a warry (at least in 19) seems to best suited in the deff team. espacially nelfs.

Is [item]Reforged Truesilver Champion[/item] a viable weapon in 19s? It has 3 more strength then the axe at 19, but no crit. Still worth it?

I realize first off this guide's last post was in October of 2009 so stating that the gear list is outdated is not necessary. If you want me to reply with an updated gear list I can do that as well but I figured most people had an idea for themselves. (ie. Satchel of Helpful Goods gear). This is most important for alliance though, taking Tunic of Westfall at this point instead of Chausses of Westfall as your quest reward for downing VanCleef will make you want to re-roll your character, might want to at least update that. I also however wanted to point out the following.

Crusader should be listed as a 1h enchant as well as 2h.

Elixir of Accuracy (+10 hit) should be listed under consumables.

Discombobulator Ray should certainly be listed under consumables.

Your macros are written all wrong (they may work as you have them but these are shorter with the same functionality), I've changed them in order as they appear and listed them below as well as added some information:

Shield Bash Macro:

#showtooltip Shield Bash

/cast [target=mouseover, harm, exists][target=target]Shield Bash

/eq [noequipped:shield]<1h Weapon of Choice>

/eq [noequipped:shield]<Shield of Choice>

First off, Defensive stance is in your macro and not required, Shield Bash requires Battle Stance or Defensive stance to be used. I have also added the mouseover functionality to this macro, if you don't want that just remove [target=mouseover, harm, exists]. As it is it will only use your mouseover target if that target is an enemy, and if you have no mouseover target it will use your current target - It is also viable to set this target to focus and have a focus shield bash macro to bash your focus target, but not necessary at all.

Charge Macro:

#showtooltip Charge

/cast [stance:1] Charge; Battle Stance

Turtle Macro:

#showtooltip Shield Block

/cast [stance:2] Shield Block; Defensive Stance

/eq [noequipped:shield]<1h Weapon of Choice>

/eq [noequipped:shield]< Shield of Choice >

/cast Lifeblood

/cast Healing Potion

I've taken disarm out of this for my own opinion

Disarm macro:

#showtooltip Disarm

/cast [stance:2] Disarm; Defensive Stance

My other macros I'd suggest all have a stance change for any skill that requires it and are listed below for ease of copy and paste. If you are in the correct stance, it will just use the skill, if not it will switch stances for you.

Hamstring:

#showtooltip Hamstring

/cast [stance:1] Hamstring; Battle Stance

Overpower:

#showtooltip Overpower

/cast [stance:1] Overpower; Battle Stance

Revenge:

#showtooltip Revenge

/cast [stance:2] Revenge; Defensive Stance

Shield Block (with shield already equipped):

#showtooltip Shield Block

/cast [stance:2] Shield Block; Defensive Stance

Switch Weapons Macro:

#show [noequipped:shield] <1h Weapon of Choice>; <2h Weapon of Choice>

/equip [button:1] <2h Weapon of Choice>

/equip [button:2] <1h Weapon of Choice>

/equip [button:2] < Shield of Choice >

And while this macro requires you to physically click it which I frown upon, you may find it useful when away from combat and using the wrong weapons. Basically button:1 functions for mouse button 1 and button:2 functions as mouse button 2.

I can see why Cliche never replied to you after you harped on him about macros.... saying he's never used macros before is laughable.

Hope this helps anyone reading this guide NOW as opposed to THEN.

whats wrong with the gear list on the front page? For each piece of gear it show's this: [ ] and then a short comment. There is no name or link inbetween these brackets. Can someone please fix this guide because without the names of gear pieces along with stats this guide is almost useless. ty

The Gear and Enchants you want

Armor

Head

[ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM] - Obtained by fishing up a [ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM] from schools of tasty fish during the strangle thorn vale fishing extravaganza 14:00-16:00 every sunday

The [ITEM]Lucky Fishing Hat[/ITEM] is the best in slot at 19 and if you obtain this you will have the best head item you can get as a warrior in this bracket.

[ITEM]Green Tinted Goggles[/ITEM] Crafted by engineers, Requires engineering to equip (You should be aiming for fishing hat)

Neck

[ITEM]Sentinel's Medallion[/ITEM] / Best in slot for DPS / Balance.

Shoulders

[ITEM]Polished Spaulders of Valor[/ITEM](6 stam 6 str 4 crit) 40

[ITEM]Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Serpent's Shoulders[/ITEM] Drops from Lady Anaconda in Wailing Caverns (a good place holder, but not recommended)

Cloak

[ITEM]Tumultuous Cloak[/ITEM] of the Soldier/Stamina

Enchants:

Enchant Cloak - Dodge Not 100% sure if this can still be put on low level cloaks.

Enchant Cloak - Lesser Agility best dps chant even with attt

Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense - Best enchant for armor stacking.

Enchant Cloak - Greater Resistance - Best enchant vs casters.

Enchant Cloak - Lesser Shadow Resistance - Best enchant vs locks / priests

Enchant Cloak - Greater Nature Resistance -

Chest

- Best in slot for stamina - Van Cleef in Dead Mines

- Best in slot for agility(crit) - Alliance only, Quest obtained from sentry hill available at level 14. -> First quest The Defias Brotherhood

Drops from Lord Pythas in WC. best in slot for DPS.

Enchants:

Enchant Chest - Major Health - best if you're a flag runner

Enchant Chest - Greater Stats - Best if you're a DPSer

Bracers

- Highest stam - Alliance only quest from auberdine, available at level 18. -> Researching the Corruption

- Highest stam - Horde only quest from Keeper Bel'dugur in the Apothecarium in Undercity. -> The Book of Ur

- of the bear(3 str 3 stam) or of strength (5 str(10 ap) for dps gear.

They are the best balance bracers, but they arnt either of the extremes so, they could be considered an off item / arena gear.

Enchants:

Enchant Bracer - Superior Stamina - Max Hp

Enchant Bracer - Superior Strength - Dps

Gloves

- These are a best in slot item for a balanced set of gear, easy to obtain off ah, also best in slot for attack power.

of the bear( 4 stam 4 str) are also a good choice for a bit more stamina, of the monkey (4 stam 4 agil) are purhaps a good choice too for a crit stam balance, of the monkey (4 agi / 4 stam) is a good crit / health balance.

(BoE drop from Wailing Caverns) are best in slot for dps.

Enchants:

Enchant Gloves - Greater Strength - Best for attack power and increases your block so best for flag running.

Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility - Best for a crit, best for avoidance gear.

Enchant Gloves - Minor Haste - Best for a slow weapon to increase your overall dps.

Belt

of the soldier/stamina

Legs

of the Bear(5 stam / 5 str) of Strength(8 str(16 ap)) of the tiger(5 agi / 5 str). Bear for AP / Stam balance, of Strength for full dps, of the tiger for a crit AP mix and of the Monkey (5/5) For a health / crit balance.

Bought from various vendors Grazlix in the Barrens is neutral, hes located in rachet. (they look beeter the Grunt's Legguards but have less armor)

Feet

(Good for a balance)

(Lord Serpentis in WC) - good for tanking.

(BoE drop good for dps)

good for crit / stam balance.

Enchants:

Enchant Boots - Greater Stamina - Best for Max HP gear

Enchant Boots - Greater Agility - Best for crit / avoidance gear.

Enchant Boots - Minor Speed Highly recomended that you get this for arenas / WSG or you will be kited all over the place by anyone who has it.

Fishing Boots ONLY:

Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed 8% movement speed increase

Enchant Boots - Cat's Swiftness 8% movement speed increase

Enchant Boots - Surefooted(10 Hit rating + Crit rating)

Rings

- Best in slot for Max hp / Balance gear. - Horde only from quest Arugal Must Die

/ 65 honor points 20 Best in slot DPS / Max HP / Balance.

- Best in slot DPS. - Alliance only quest started from looted from Vancleef in the Dead mines, final quest in the chain is An Audience with the King

best in slot max HP gear.

Trinkets

(6 haste) - Best in slot haste.

- Best in slot Arena / Solo play / avoidance. This item is obtained via the Gurubashi Arena chest event in Stranglethorn vale by winning the chest 12 times (the event is every 3 hours) each chest contains 1 and upon collecting 12 of these you can complete the quest: Arena Grandmaster while this trinket is on cooldown you can swap to the BoA haste trinket or Minor recombobulator to get a benefit from them.

2,805 honor points, pvp vendor in the officers halls

Crafted by engineers the recipe can be bought from Gagsprocket
Here you go, i fixed the links and removed most of the out of date gear and enchants, however it is still very out of date.

Sod it, half of them have deleted themselves. I'll write you up a gearlist myself then:

Lucky Fishing Hat, Green Tinted Goggles

Sentinel's Medallion

Polished Spaulders of Valor, Stained Shadowcraft Spaulers, Rough Bronze Shoulders, Serpents Shoulders

Tumultuous Cloak of the Soldier

Stained Shadowcraft Tunic, Polished Breastplate of Valor, Blackened Defias Armor, Armor of the Fang

Caverndwellers Bracers, Beetle Clasps

Thorbia's Gauntlets

Earthbound Clasp of the Soldier

Chauesses of Westfall, Leggings of the Fang

Silver Linked Boots, Draftsman's Boots, Feet of the Lynx

Simple Pearl Ring, Seal of Sylvanas, Seal of Wrynn, Legionnairess/Protector's Band

Insignia of the Alliance/Horde, Arena Grandmaster, Swift Hand of Justice, Minor Recombobulator

Shadowfang, Cruel Barb, Butcher's Slicer

Bloodied Arcanite Reaper, Glacial Stone

Deadskull Shield, Red Beard's Crest, Arctic Buckler, Grunt's(grunts is best but others acceptable) Shield of Blocking

enchants:

3agi, 70 armour

4stats, 100hp

9stam, 9str

15agi, 7str

40 armour, 16armour

minor speed... 5hit, 7stam (you should really get minor speed)

Lifestealing, Crusader on 1H

Crusader, Fiery Weapon, Lifestealing on 2H

Users who are viewing this thread