19 Rogue

BiS is a little difficult to determine until we see what damage will look like at 19 in cata. Current BiS is a good starting point though.

Not Getting the OP Ambushes

My rogue is only ambushing for 600+ on average. I see lots of rogues hitting for 850-1,000. And I'm wondering why I'm not getting the good crits. (I know they're getting nerfed soon; but, I'd just like to dish out one or two 1,000-pt. crits before that happens.)

I've armoried other rogues to look for differences, but my AP is pretty similar.

My toon has about 510AP and uses Sentinel's Blade, which has top-end damage of 34. Assassin's has 39 top-end dmg. Can that five points really equate to the 300-pt. difference between my Ambush crits and others'? And, some people are supposedly catching the occasional 1,200-1,300 pt. Ambush. BoAs don't seem to have much higher top-end, either.

I read someone's comment that the target has an impact on the damage. Wonder if that's a factor.

Any comments on what affects the ambush crits would be appreciated.

Rivfader said:
Step 1 - find mage

Step 2 - ambush

Step 3 - ???

Step 4 - profit

Pretty much what occupies a rogue's time. Finding the nearest clothie and ambushing. I find myself playing my mage less and less.

Users who are viewing this thread