EU+US What's the average ilvl a 20 needs to have to have any stat increase in a BG?

Somewhere between the airspeed velocity of an unladen Swallow, and the answer to time itself.

The main thing to worry about as a F2P is getting helms on your non-cloth or non-Alliance leather/mail wearers. Else you'll be losing the armor specialization in BGs, which is 5% base stats I think. That's the biggest stat increase you're going to see (aside from using a wand as a caster). Then weapon speed. After that, ilvl.

As it is now, it's fairly hard for a F2P to push their ilvl high enough.

Here's the thing, your item level is calculated by finding the average of your gear. So, you add up every item level then divide it by how many pieces. If we do this, we can calculate that even with all warforged gear, two fish trinkets, you can only hope to get an item level of about 37, rounding up (as a "pure" F2P). With the pendent and rocks you can get much higher but I believe they're soon to be gone. Blizzard is being vigilant in fixing these items, probably due to the bracket mergers and further interest in balancing lower level PvP.

Even if you get only warforged item level 35 gear in the non-PvP crate slots (helm, shoulders, gloves, waist) then get PvP gear in the rest, with dual AGMs, you're only looking at an item level of 33.

I believe @Lil figured out it was like ilvl 34-40-46-52?

Also, maybe @Hashbrowns :O

Off the top of my head I thought 36 was the first cut off. I'm on my phone so I don't have access to some screenshots I had but I'm fairly certain 36 is the first cut off for 20's being F2P or Vet. It will be hard to achieve on a F2P. I'm on a Vet without the trinket and Engineering items and am pushing to get past lvl 34 and at 34 it doesn't appear to improve my stats.
Hope someone else can confirm if ilvl 36 is the cut off for 20's that would be great.

So Lil was the first one to get some hard evidence. We believe it works this way though:

Every average item lvl above standard is 0.1% increase in stats. The stats are predetermined based on a template dependent on your class/role. We were seeing increases at those cutoffs because some people were getting enough of a % to bump them to the next amount. We thought these were thresholds before but it's really just a % increase. Not everyone will be exactly there but it's close.

Take Agility for an example:

Let's say an Assassination Rogue has 40 agility
And an Outlaw has 50, based on their template. (this is purely made up for this example)

And both players have +10 ilvl so a 1% increase

40*1.01= 40.4 (rounds to 40, so no stat increase)
50*1.01= 50.5 (rounds to 51, so a stat increase)

So TLDR you get .1% every time you increase you average ilvl 1 above your standard, which is 25 for 20s.

So TLDR you get .1% every time you increase you average ilvl 1 above your standard, which is 25 for 20s.

wait, does it give you extra stat based on individual standard (ilvl 25 for level 20, ilvl 34 for level 29) or based on the standard of the highest level in the bracket (ilvl 34 for all level 20 to 29)?

wait, does it give you extra stat based on individual standard (ilvl 25 for level 20, ilvl 34 for level 29) or based on the standard of the highest level in the bracket (ilvl 34 for all level 20 to 29)?
I honestly don't know, don't play 29s. But I think they have more stats then us, so its probably using the bracket minimum of 25.

So there's new rules now. SOmebody said (a warrior char) that they had +1str increase at ilvl44. Is it the same for other classes, and how the heck is a f2p supposed to hit that? Even with full titanforged, what options do we have? Do tabards and shirts mean anything towards ilvl at all?

Users who are viewing this thread