We came full circle (twinks + levlers)

I wholeheartedly disagree with what they have considered doing. This will sort if bring more pops to different bracket, but the game in result will become a lot lot easier, and pugs will not be seen as a means of improving/adapting to different comps, which is core for 10v10s/Wargames. So, queuing for warsong, or arena, or anything, will make the Twinking Experience drop to its knees. There will be little room for improvement overall, since a lot of players from the enemy team will consist having no gear/half the gear/gear but no chants, and they may actually be really bad players, overall.

With that said, if Legion is supposed to be the way it is, what is going to keep the bracket up are the people ready to form 10v10 groups. It is sad to see, but that is where its leaning towards.

And, the most affected brackets will be 10-19, a lot of people once hitting 10 will begin queuing for WSG/AB. In a sense we will be getting AB pops, to hunt for the tabard, but its not worth the cost either way. Also, teams will not only be half geared, but they will consist with level 10, 11...19, which the majority will be 10-16 (I believe).
The second most affected bracket will be 20-29, followed by 30-39. If we want to make Blizzard revert the taken decision, we have to act now, and have our voice heard. (I will personally ask the GMs about who should we tweet for this change to happen, it is after all Beta, i also intend on creating a thread on us.battle.net).

Edit : I have an idea, the Xpoff staff should make a thread against it, so when i post the article on us.b.net, i can spread this page's popularity, and opinion on the matter, regarding this as the largest twinking website. @Conq

Legion changes will be good and bad

bad 'cause they remove the identity of twinking

but good 'cause u don't have to wait for 5 hours for 1 pop and go to bed unless you dont have a job and have time to play both US & EU

I wholeheartedly disagree with what they have considered doing. This will sort if bring more pops to different bracket, but the game in result will become a lot lot easier, and pugs will not be seen as a means of improving/adapting to different comps, which is core for 10v10s/Wargames. So, queuing for warsong, or arena, or anything, will make the tinking Experience drop to its knees. There will be little room for improvement overall, since a lot of players from the enemy team will consist having no gear/half the gear/gear but no chants, and they may actually be really bad players, overall.

With that said, if Legion is supposed to be the way it is, what is going to keep the bracket up are the people ready to form 10v10 groups. It is sad to see, but that is where its leaning towards.

And, the most affected brackets will be 10-19, a lot of people once hitting 10 will begin queuing for WSG/AB. In a sense we will be getting AB pops, to hunt for the tabard, but its not worth the cost either way. Also, teams will not only be half geared, but they will consist with level 10, 11...19, which the majority will be 10-16 (I believe).
The second most affected bracket will be 20-29, followed by 30-39. If we want to make Blizzard revert the taken decision, we have to act now, and have our voice heard. (I will personally ask the GMs about who should we tweet for this change to happen, it is after all Beta, i also intend on creating a thread on us.battle.net).

Edit : I have an idea, the Xpoff staff should make a thread against it, so when i post the article on us.b.net, i can spread this page's popularity, and opinion on the matter, regarding this as the largest tinking website. @Conq

The changes that comes with Legion and the normalization of stats will effectively make gear and enchants not important. I think calculations showed a maxed twink would probably only have 5% better stats in the battleground, than a regular player. So your statements about half-geared players does not matter. However, there will of course be a difference in skill between random levelers and a twink, who has spent years perfecting gameplay within the levels restrictions. It also kind of removes what some find fun about being a twink: being able to be more powerful due to gear.

The quality of games might drop, yes. But as discussed on Blackout's livestream yesterday, a group of five good players can make a match interesting, regardless of the other five. You'll probably see more guilds pop up, with people premading, and that way you'd get somewhat competitive matches. And nothing is stopping us from organizing truly competitive matches on here, and it will be easier to arrange with the hopefully large influx of new players.

Feel free to share your opinions with the GM's, but please don't say it is the opinion of all twinks. I personally agree with the changes.

WALL OF TEXT
The only thing I really care about is re-merging XP-Off with XP-On so that we can get pops (reasonably) quickly and 10's don't get insta kicked by Tryhard 19's. If you want to try and get Blizz to change their minds about the whole static iLvL based on Class/Level so we can keep our Gear/Enchants I'm all for it. Otherwise, there's no way Blizz is going to listen to "the Twinking Community" now when they never have in the past.

Feel free to share your opinions with the GM's, but please don't say it is the opinion of all tinks. I personally agree with the changes.

This isn't an opinion for all the twinks, it is my opinion, and i do believe that most 19s don't agree with it. But i have to say i agree with some of your points there, this will make this bracket similar to 20-29.

The only thing I really care about it re-merging XP-Off with XP-On so that we can get pops (reasonably) quickly and 10's don't get insta kicked by Tryhard 19's. If you want to try and get Blizz to change their minds about the whole static iLvL based on Class/Level so we can keep our Gear/Enchants I'm all for it. Otherwise, there's no way Blizz is going to listen to "the tinking Community" now since they never have in the past.

We can attempt in different ways, and try to be heard. But if that is what the community does not what, who am i to say?! ... I have just a mere opinion I've expressed. For me, what characterizes this bracket is the quality of games, the people playing in it, the community. I would definitely not support this change, i would rather have quality games, than more pops.

When you say tinking is gonna die, is it because of the gear changes? If so tinking isn't only about gear, and tinking itself had changed alot throughout the years.
It hasn't changed one bit. From your perspective it has maby because of equality in the xp locked battleground/arena environment and you do not face undergeared players there. Its definition is still standing strong regardless how you change to look at it and you only look from your own pov.

We will still differ from the random lvlers in BG, and I'm sure we will find a way to become more OP than the average 10-19 PvP'er, as we always have been able to
Having a 2% difference with anyone else in the bracket doesn't look to me like being more powerfull through armor and weapons. They will exactly take out this with Legion. You won't find anything else other than taking up high ilvl white gear, that is hillarious actually and an insult to tinkering.

We can attempt in different ways, and try to be heard. But if that is what the community does not what, who am i to say?! ... I have just a mere opinion I've expressed. For me, what characterizes this bracket is the quality of games, the people playing in it, the community. I would definitely not support this change, i would rather have quality games, than more pops.
Essentially you want to keep it "the good 'ol Boys Club" instead of letting others in. This includes the already ostracized 10's Community, many of whom quit playing due to the severe Tenaphobia at the hands of 19's. As I said, I'm all for Legion NOT removing the Gear/Enchants portion of BG's but re-merging BG's is absolutely necessary. If you don't want to play with Pleblians, Casuals, Levelers as well as 10's or even anything but other 19's then play Wargames and be happy.

The sad truth is Twinks are maybe even less than 1% of the total WoW population. Hell I'd wager we're not even 10% of the Players from Nostalrius, counting the entire World's Twinking Community and even Blizz basically told those ~240K Players to go fuck themselves.

i would rather have quality games, than more pops.
Why not have both? Whenever we wanted quality games in 20-29 we would do 10v10s and wargames, the same principle applies here. With the merge of exp on and exp off many brackets will be revived and will be getting pops again. The only way twinking will die in Legion is if the twink community lets it die.

Edit : I have an idea, the Xpoff staff should make a thread against it, so when i post the article on us.b.net, i can spread this page's popularity, and opinion on the matter, regarding this as the largest tinking website. @Conq
so you wanna stop the revival of every single twinkbracket because youre afraid of low quality pugs even though youll still be able to have competition in wargames?
19s mentality at its finest

More players in same bracket means more bgs means more gy farming means more hk's. And since gear is barely a factor I'll just play fotm to get what I want. Fucklevelers

Users who are viewing this thread