US Warsong Weekly - A Look Into PUGs

Mocha

Legendary
In this series of posts I will be talking about my personal experiences throughout the week in queueing XPOff PUGs. This thread will be the HUB thread for all posts and the most recent installment will be featured in this OP below.

Week#1 Launch Party:

The current state of 19s has seen some good, some bad, and some absolutely disgustingly ugly. However, with the launch of XPOff.com we've seen an insane boost in PUG activity. Since I'm writing this post looking back on some events, it will not be as in-depth nor as specific as the future posts will be, as they will be written in real time as I'm playing PUGs and waiting in queue. This will be more of an overview and will be added to as I participate in games for the remainder of the evening.

So far in this week queue times have been down severely. Once you join a game after waiting the initial 15-20 minutes to see your first pop, you should for the most part be able to participate in chain games as long as you are quick with leaving and requeuing.

The Good:
I've seen a lot of healers present in WSG as of this week. As opposed to before, it appears as though many are stepping up to the plate and fulfilling the necessary role of healer on both factions. I have also seen a lot of new and unfamiliar faces in games. It doesn't so much feel as though it's the same 20 people every game, but a mix of the familiar faces you've seen and up and coming players whom are newer in the community.

The Bad:
I have seen several feral druids being played on Alliance in the past week... by members of the community whom have been involved with 19s for years. I haven't seen any ferals on Horde. It's known and agreed upon that playing the cheapshotting 100->0 spec of feral is absolutely horrible for the wellbeing of PUGs and most members whom are passionate about the community have stayed far away from playing one. Leave the spec to new players whom aren't yet familiar that it's a spec that we have tried to limit the presence of due to the horrible repercussions of rolling the one shotting spec can have on games for the evening, week, or month. When one faction queues ferals, the other faction queues ferals. It's a slippery slope that ends in vicious 1 shotting by both factions and it's something that we desperately try to avoid.

The Hilariously Ugly:
Pizza has WAY too many druids and there are too many copy cats! Even when Pizza isn't online, there's still a Pizza druid running around somewhere carrying either faction! Legend has it, Pizza has 20 accounts all with BIS druids ready to play at any given hour to make sure that he gets in every single game, even when he /afks out of them. As we all know, boomie has great damage output, great CC utility, stealth capability, incredible movement, and also good healing utility. It's a spec that can perform all three roles at once and can perform them quite well. You can almost always count on a boomie topping damage, performing well on the healing meters, having a return or two and having a cap or two. As Pizza and others have taken advantage of this top tier spec, they're one spec that both factions desperately need. Unforuntately, we are still always seeing a huge amount of rogues in games which unfortunately stack poorly. The ugly for this week besides Pizza using a time turner to be in every single game, is the abundance of rogues whom have not created a more useful class for PUGs. Sure, they're PUGs, you pay for the game just like I do, you can play whatever you want. We get it. However, as one of the pioneers of nineteen rogue whom only enjoys playing my baby rogue from years before most people were even in this bracket, even I have put them aside for the wellbeing of PUGs. We've all seen the 5 rogue per faction games. They're absolutely 0 fun for anyone. You'll have more fun saving that rogue for a few games a day and playing other classes for the bracket and winning as a team instead of sitting in stealth for the entire game. I promise.

Last edited:
Reserved

Week#1 Launch Party:

The current state of 19s has seen some good, some bad, and some absolutely disgustingly ugly. However, with the launch of XPOff.com we've seen an insane boost in PUG activity. Since I'm writing this post looking back on some events, it will not be as in-depth nor as specific as the future posts will be, as they will be written in real time as I'm playing PUGs and waiting in queue. This will be more of an overview and will be added to as I participate in games for the remainder of the evening.

So far in this week queue times have been down severely. Once you join a game after waiting the initial 15-20 minutes to see your first pop, you should for the most part be able to participate in chain games as long as you are quick with leaving and requeuing.

The Good:
I've seen a lot of healers present in WSG as of this week. As opposed to before, it appears as though many are stepping up to the plate and fulfilling the necessary role of healer on both factions. I have also seen a lot of new and unfamiliar faces in games. It doesn't so much feel as though it's the same 20 people every game, but a mix of the familiar faces you've seen and up and coming players whom are newer in the community.

The Bad:
I have seen several feral druids being played on Alliance in the past week... by members of the community whom have been involved with 19s for years. I haven't seen any ferals on Horde. It's known and agreed upon that playing the cheapshotting 100->0 spec of feral is absolutely horrible for the wellbeing of PUGs and most members whom are passionate about the community have stayed far away from playing one. Leave the spec to new players whom aren't yet familiar that it's a spec that we have tried to limit the presence of due to the horrible repercussions of rolling the one shotting spec can have on games for the evening, week, or month. When one faction queues ferals, the other faction queues ferals. It's a slippery slope that ends in vicious 1 shotting by both factions and it's something that we desperately try to avoid.

The Hilariously Ugly:
Pizza has WAY too many druids and there are too many copy cats! Even when Pizza isn't online, there's still a Pizza druid running around somewhere carrying either faction! Legend has it, Pizza has 20 accounts all with BIS druids ready to play at any given hour to make sure that he gets in every single game, even when he /afks out of them. As we all know, boomie has great damage output, great CC utility, stealth capability, incredible movement, and also good healing utility. It's a spec that can perform all three roles at once and can perform them quite well. You can almost always count on a boomie topping damage, performing well on the healing meters, having a return or two and having a cap or two. As Pizza and others have taken advantage of this top tier spec, they're one spec that both factions desperately need. Unforuntately, we are still always seeing a huge amount of rogues in games which unfortunately stack poorly. The ugly for this week besides Pizza using a time turner to be in every single game, is the abundance of rogues whom have not created a more useful class for PUGs. Sure, they're PUGs, you pay for the game just like I do, you can play whatever you want. We get it. However, as one of the pioneers of nineteen rogue whom only enjoys playing my baby rogue from years before most people were even in this bracket, even I have put them aside for the wellbeing of PUGs. We've all seen the 5 rogue per faction games. They're absolutely 0 fun for anyone. You'll have more fun saving that rogue for a few games a day and playing other classes for the bracket and winning as a team instead of sitting in stealth for the entire game. I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread