EU+US The return of f2ps?!

Voc

2017 Twink Cup Champion
We know that in Legion, gear stats and enchants no longer work in bgs/arenas so my question is... Will this be a massive return of f2ps? Share your opinions please, I personally believe this might have the potential to be even better than cata and mop was for f2ps..

Also keep in mind, the only way to make your gear stronger in Legion is having higher item level, BUT with full high item level we are talking percent increases in the lower single digits <5% so this means even if 29s obtain highest level item gear they will only be stronger <5% unless of course there is some super high ivl pieces that are obtainable, even then the increase would still not make much of a difference therefore putting f2ps on ALMOST even ground for the first time since MOP brought in level scaling in the 20-24 bracket. #Revival

Last edited:
If the removal of stat stacking in instanced PvP has the desired effect, then it will cut down the burst enough that 29s can no longer two-shot a f2p twink. With abilities like earth shock and haunt; however, I'm not so sure that it will. There have been many many times when people that rely on being overpowered have showed signs of not being able to do things like using the terrain to stay alive or turn around quickly after you get behind them, so I'm hoping that the changes coming in Legion will ruin this bracket for those people and they are forced to compete on somewhat equal footing with f2p and non twinks just leveling through the bracket. I hardly ever touch my 20s due to the amount of OP chant-stacking vets and 29s. Even though I have 100s I won't stoop to their level and I will definitely be playing the Hell out of my linked starter edition characters when the pre-patch drops.

Yes and it will be bigger than ever due to equality in insanced pvp.

We still have to see if veteran 19s will be able to queue for bg or trials who lock their experience. But regardless, we can level pvp over and over in the 10-19 bracket and being equal. This will save me definitely sub money each month. Saw nothing in Legion so far that I want to keep subbed or something special that urges me to buy Legion :)

I totally hope that f2p will come back because that means more competition for me. And additionally, I could finally have some decent geared ppl in alterac valley by my side. How big of a difference will it make if f2p's don't have access to certain gear?

Of course it will come back, for 2 core reasons:

The first and obvious being balance; Also with balance being strongly enforced, I HIGHLY predict that spells and abilities will also be balanced out (just like 20 ferals being able to get predator swiftness)
So your gear and spells are thrown out, and the only thing left is your skill

The second is the elimination of xp-off and xp-on bracket pvp instances, ques will be faster than ever and we will most likely be the most active bracket if the massive f2p diversity increases, it will add on to the leveling pvpers

I appreciate all the responses, we need more opinions! I for one knew over 50 active f2ps back in the day, so I'm sure you guys and gals are out there somewhere :) would very much love to see more people share their thoughts on this topic.

Last edited:
it could go both ways here.

one hand, you can see a bunch of ftp return with btp and ptp with competing on an equal battlefield. also get the new options of tabards and x-mog storage.

but on the other hand, they're going to restrict us more and we don't get anything else... (as if some of us didn't already have problems with the bg/arena bug a little while back).

Balance will be only at 110 lvl , blizz said that thousand of times. At 20-29 in legion we will see all ppl rerolling to the most op class like wod did ( bm, feral).

Balance will be only at 110 lvl , blizz said that thousand of times. At 20-29 in legion we will see all ppl rerolling to the most op class like wod did ( bm, feral).
It will be like that of course at every beginning of a new xpac but it will die out after the first 2-4 weeks

It will be like that of course at every beginning of a new xpac but it will die out after the first 2-4 weeks
Die in 5 weeks? If you que now in wod , 50% bm monk other feral or priest and this 3 classes still playing all xpan wod near 2 years so dont tell me that...ppl always want win in pvp

Die in 5 weeks? If you que now in wod , 50% bm monk other feral or priest and this 3 classes still playing all xpan wod near 2 years so dont tell me that...ppl always want win in pvp
So negative. Focus on the good stuff....like monks getting chi-burst as a lvl 15 talent and wearing http://www.wowhead.com/item=60734/keeshans-bandana now that it won't gimp you in BGs and arena.

tumblr_nti8yfX35R1tzr5q1o1_400.jpg

I never see more than 1 of those thugs in a single bg unless they are queing together, so many thing their so unbeatable, when people see bm Monks they should run to them not away.

hardly.....now I kind of want to go in a BG in the shittiest white/grey gear I can find and wipe the floor with people XD.
5% of extra everything doesn't sound like a lot now but just wait till everyone is the same and everyone will be sucking sacks to get a extra 0.1%

Users who are viewing this thread