US PvP Power

Resto

Grandfathered
Is the pvp gear honestly the new meta for 99 twinks now? I feel like my legion gear is still superior. I have the full set on right now, but idk if its because I'm tired and don't see a difference or what. Anyone have actual facts that the stat works? or is in fact more superior than the legion gear?

it is. i like a mix of both legion gear and the pvp stuff. weapon for sure. i choose the pvp pieces that have sockets to max the gems. add a socket onto belt and enchant cloak with pvp power. cant deny the amount of secondary stats like crit and mastery on the legion gear. i think a good pvppower number to shoot for is around 40-45%. get trinkets from SOO and engineering for toys, tinkers, bombs. draenic stam pots give 72 stam, persist through death.

it is. i like a mix of both legion gear and the pvp stuff. weapon for sure. i choose the pvp pieces that have sockets to max the gems. add a socket onto belt and enchant cloak with pvp power. cant deny the amount of secondary stats like crit and mastery on the legion gear. i think a good pvppower number to shoot for is around 40-45%. get trinkets from SOO and engineering for toys, tinkers, bombs. draenic stam pots give 72 stam, persist through death.
What’s the script to see my PvP power? Cause I know it’s a hidden trait. I’m using this on a DK and War, so I guess I’ll have to explore the options. Just see so many people going full PvP never seen a mix

My 91 Boomie is at 51% PvP Power, have played a few rounds in Tol Barad vs 110's and held my own damage wise. I'm using Prideful for the main pieces with 7 PvP power Gems, and rest of my gem slots are Versa, I alternate my Trinkets round a bit, it's either 1 Cata PvP + Yu'lons Bite or 2 Cata PvP trinkets.

PvP Power Script:
Script /run print( GetPvpPowerDamage(), GetPvpPowerHealing() )

Resi script:
/run print(GetCombatRatingBonus(16))

I'd imagine PVP power is obsolete. My 85 rogue with max power gear can kill 110s in WPVP with 33%+ damage/healing

People like the OP is the reason why pvp power won't be nerfed anytime soon. They don't understand what's going on, despite numerous mathematical comparison threads (and being able to test yourself in a duel), and remain skeptical. + it's a hidden stat, most people don't even know it exists.

I got 2 k in 2v2 & 3v3 on a freshly dinged 110 BM hunter wearing lvl 90 pvp power gear, topping damage pretty much every match. Fighting arena masters and 2400 enchant players. It's OP as fuk.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/fishfishcat

After playing around this morning, it appears they may have nerfed pvp power. I have no way atm to actually confirm this but talking with a buddy on his Boomkin, his dmg has been about halfed when tracking his individual ability dmg.

Edit: Just played a BG and compared my abilities dmg. Id say I did on average 20-30% less on each abilities.

Last edited:
After playing around this morning, it appears they may have nerfed pvp power. I have no way atm to actually confirm this but talking with a buddy on his Boomkin, his dmg has been about halfed when tracking his individual ability dmg.

Edit: Just played a BG and compared my abilities dmg. Id say I did on average 20-30% less on each abilities.
Predicted this tbh, sucks I wasted all these marks on a set to test xD

Predicted this tbh, sucks I wasted all these marks on a set to test xD

Ya it was fun while it lasted. I've shared this on the 99 Bnet Group but I'll link it here as well. Out of curiosity, I tracked my damage per ability (pre-nerf and post-nerf) to see how much a difference was made with PvP Power and also compared it to the old IL gear. Based on what I found, stats > PvP power atm making the old IL gear better than old PvP sets with PvP power. I also tried IL Gear with Prideful weapon but I did much more damage with the Artifact and IL Gear. Farming Mythic Siege of Org for gem slot gear to stack stats might be the new BiS.

Anyway, attached is my chart for anyone who cares to peek at it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mYZKYQQoqe5C5FPi5dfydm6aKAN3pIbptIw2FqT9DOk/edit?usp=sharing

Users who are viewing this thread