EU+US Need help, post your higher level mogs

Hashbrowns

Legend
Ok I'm trying to find out specially if there is something in an item's data that specifies when you can mog it. I know there are the normal level restrictions. I'm looking for weird items that you can mog that you normally shouldn't be able to...

I pulled Blizzard API for an item and there is a ton of information in there. Specifically Source ID, which seems to specify what quest an item came from. Sometime this is listed as 0 and it seems when that's the case we can mog it... If I can find specific conditions of when we can mog something I can pull the API for every item and compile of list of possible items 20's can mog. But I need your help identifying these conditions...

What can I do to help?
I need people to post weird mogs you have. Not specific colors or things that look cool, I mean things that clearly aren't made for 20's that you can mog.

What we know?
We know quest items from like 1-57 that don't have level requirements work. We know its based on level requirement from gear but if there isn't one there are other conditions that dictate when you can mog it. This is what we are trying to find.

ughh... u mentioned it in the first post. Not too much to be confused with ur example. I have not tested extensively but the staple rule is the 1-57 quest reward. the reason blood bandana works is because it is a cosmetic item homestead and platinum are both rewards from quests 1-57. faceguard is above lv 57 quest reward. Again i have not tested much with the mog system but most cosmetics without level requirement are moggable at any level any armor-type

ughh... u mentioned it in the first post. Not too much to be confused with ur example. I have not tested extensively but the staple rule is the 1-57 quest reward. the reason blood bandana works is because it is a cosmetic item homestead and platinum are both rewards from quests 1-57. faceguard is above lv 57 quest reward. Again i have not tested much with the mog system but most cosmetics without level requirement are moggable at any level any armor-type
So this originally stemmed from me seeing http://www.wowhead.com/item=90324/land-claimers-cudgel in BGs and thinking it was moggable. But it sounds like that's a leftover from the old tmog bug or a memory edit. It's entirely possible we already know all the rules. I just thought someone might have something level 60+ that works. If I can find a few of those I can compare that with ones that don't mog and try and see what else the tmog system looks at besides required level.

This is weird http://www.wowhead.com/item=31110/druidic-helmet-of-second-sight
Obtainable at 67, can't mog until 58, no level requirement on the item. So it must be looking at item level to determine the expansion and locking at that expansion (58). There's nothing on the item that says 58 anywhere. If we could get a quest reward in later expansions that had a low item level and no level requirement it might be moggable.

Looking to establish a pattern really... If you have later expansion stuff that mogs, link. Who knows if we'll catch anything :(

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=143518/ensemble-funerary-plate-of-the-chosen-dead
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=143510/ensemble-garb-of-the-chosen-dead
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=143506/ensemble-vestment-of-the-chosen-dead
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=143514/ensemble-chains-of-the-chosen-dead

@Sleb are those the sets and holy balls some of those would look great at 20.

The BG crates I'm interested in, I'll look into that and see if there's anything there. If you know an item can you link it here? I'm looking now but am not sure this is from crate.

Last edited:
yup, those are the sets. i got the cloth set on a couple of my chars. my favorite is definitely the mail set

What about Swarming shoulders? It says ilvl 800 but I was able to mog it on my leather wearing 20s

I am not sure if there's a distinct pattern to it, but it seems to be a combination of quest reward, level requirements and maybe others.

However, it still seems that some items are looked at "individually". In other words, it's simply just a "fluke" from Blizzard's side on the implementation of the item(s), i.e. something that was introduced in a certain patch. That is of course if it wasn't originally meant to be available for low lvl toons.

You could look for patterns, but you'd have to divide them into categories for it to make sense.

I.e Vanilla quest items, armor type, class specification, item level, level requirements, which patch it was implemented in and most likely much more.

What we know is that all items from quests pre TBC is transmoggable on lower lvl toons. That's a pattern. Now, as we go on, the pattern becomes more and more complex. We have to get into more specifics to narrow it down. Look at the same examples, quest items, armor type, class specification, item level, level requirements, which patch it was implemented in. Hell, we even have to get more specific and go into factions, pve, or pvp-based etc. You have to look at specifics within a certain timeframe, and maybe only certain importations as well (just like the Trial of Valor appearances).

That way you can see items with THOSE specific criteria and narrow it down. If you comb over all of it trying to find a pattern that applies to all of it, then I am fairly sure you will end up empty-handed, because each patch is handled individually. Try look for things individually within a window, i.e. the example I just gave you.

This approach should ultimately reveal possible high-end mogs. Especially if it is pattern recognition you are searching for.

So for every "slip" that you find, there are possibilities that you will find more within the same criteria, i.e. x-patch reputable faction (i.e timbermaw, or fuck knows), had these quest items available for transmog on lower level toons. Now, you take that logic and apply it further. Are there more reputable factions within that patch (that was either introduced during, or is of other ways related, maybe expansion specific, MoP only? etc.) that could go towards those same criteria?

But again, you might have to look at it individually and say, okay, I tried this and that, and logically following the pattern, it turned out that it was only "this" specific reputable faction that had transmoggable gear available for low lvl toons.

You follow my logic? It can get messy really quick. However, it would be possible to narrow things down with the approach I just described. It will take a lot of research though.... A lot of research.... And time....

straw hat from mop, trial of valor ensemble, vanilla scholomance gear, and lvl 100-109 bg crate gear is moggable by all lvls. thats all i can think of atm, will updateif i find some more
Deathbone is not moggable at ''any level''. It's for lvl 40+. Dungeon Tier 1 is moggable by any level however.

I am not sure if there's a distinct pattern to it, but it seems to be a combination of quest reward, level requirements and maybe others.

However, it still seems that some items are looked at "individually". In other words, it's simply just a "fluke" from Blizzard's side on the implementation of the item(s), i.e. something that was introduced in a certain patch. That is of course if it wasn't originally meant to be available for low lvl toons.

You could look for patterns, but you'd have to divide them into categories for it to make sense.

I.e Vanilla quest items, armor type, class specification, item level, level requirements, which patch it was implemented in and most likely much more.

What we know is that all items from quests pre TBC is transmoggable on lower lvl toons. That's a pattern. Now, as we go on, the pattern becomes more and more complex. We have to get into more specifics to narrow it down. Look at the same examples, quest items, armor type, class specification, item level, level requirements, which patch it was implemented in. Hell, we even have to get more specific and go into factions, pve, or pvp-based etc. You have to look at specifics within a certain timeframe, and maybe only certain importations as well (just like the Trial of Valor appearances).

That way you can see items with THOSE specific criteria and narrow it down. If you comb over all of it trying to find a pattern that applies to all of it, then I am fairly sure you will end up empty-handed, because each patch is handled individually. Try look for things individually within a window, i.e. the example I just gave you.

This approach should ultimately reveal possible high-end mogs. Especially if it is pattern recognition you are searching for.

So for every "slip" that you find, there are possibilities that you will find more within the same criteria, i.e. x-patch reputable faction (i.e timbermaw, or duck knows), had these quest items available for transmog on lower level toons. Now, you take that logic and apply it further. Are there more reputable factions within that patch (that was either introduced during, or is of other ways related, maybe expansion specific, MoP only? etc.) that could go towards those same criteria?

But again, you might have to look at it individually and say, okay, I tried this and that, and logically following the pattern, it turned out that it was only "this" specific reputable faction that had transmoggable gear available for low lvl toons.

You follow my logic? It can get messy really quick. However, it would be possible to narrow things down with the approach I just described. It will take a lot of research though.... A lot of research.... And time....

The baseline for quests/crates:
1-57 for Vanilla
58- for TBC
68- for WotLK
78- for Cataclysm
85- for MoP
90- for Draenor
98- for Legion

Level 100 BG crates can be mogged on any level, which is a slip.
Ensembles can be mogged at any level, which is a slip. (If someone has the Scarlet ensemble, please verify that that can be mogged at any level aswell. I only have the original Scarlet mail so cannot comment on this particular set.)
As far as I'm concerned, there is no ilvl slips for transmogs, nor patch. My findings just state that it's only the level that matters, minus the slips.

All of the items listed are "cosmetic", except the tabards. Those just happen to be the ones I thought of off the top of my head.
Just as you mentioned, not all cosmetic items work. I have the Thanksgiving Hat on one toon from years ago that is a cosmetic item. It does not show up in the wardrobe on ANY of my toons. For some odd reason this cosmetic item does not work in the wardrobe.

That's because since a few months ago Blizzard has had this retarded policy that holiday stuff isn't meant to be moggable. It's obviously very inconsistent because some stuff is still moggable. But Blizz fought the idea of making the new witch hats moggable and eventually removed their cosmetic tags altogether. Their reason being that they want holiday stuff to feel special (i.e. rotting in your bank). They specifically changed the moggability of Fine Pilgrim's Hat despite rendering the item completely pointless (it was added as a moggable alternative to the non-moggable common quest reward). They also briefly removed the ability to mog Crown of the Fire Festival (stating the same reasons) but backed down after the shitstorm.

Before wardrobe cosmetic always meant moggable. Now it seems like Blizzard has these two departments competing. One that wants to add cosmetic stuff and another (likely the same depertmant that nerfs toys) that wants to nerf cosmetic into uselessness.

I think some of the lvl 100+ stuff being moggable might be a bug. I only suspect that because there looks to be no disenchant reqs on these items as well. So the item itself looks like it might be bugged.

So here's my thoughts on the tmog system:
  • When you log into a character WoW pulls all the items you have collected ON THAT BNET ACCOUNT.
  • The T-Mog window then pulls information on those item numbers to determine if it should allow you to mog it or display the red window around the item, This is done BASED ON THAT CHARACTER. Which makes sense if you level up, tada you can now mog the item. There's no need to log out, it pulls your currently level and redraws the window with the green border and allows you to mog.
  • There must be something in the item API it's looking at to determine if it's moggable or not based on your character current status.
  • Now the most obvious is level requirement, armor type, we get that. But sometime these rules don't apply... So there is something else it's looking at and that's what I'm trying to find.
  • I thought for a while it was sourceID, which was 0 if obtained from a quest. There's also was no required skill or level from quest items. If I could find that to be the case I could write a program that would look at all 200,000+ items and check for sourceId=0, reqLevel=0, etc and we could have a list of everything we can mog. But... sourceId doesn't always hold up. Here are 3 examples, maybe you'll see something.
Moggable at low level
{"id":139988,
"disenchantingSkillRank":0,
"description":"",
"name":"Blazing Purpose Mantle",
"icon":"inv_shoulder_mail_legionendgame_c_01",
"stackable":1,
"itemBind":1,
"bonusStats":[{"stat":Troll:3,"amount":1231},{"stat":49,"amount":554},{"stat":36,"amount":554},{"stat":Troll:,"amount":1846}],
"itemSpells":[],
"buyPrice":2263274,
"itemClass":4,
"itemSubClass":3,
"containerSlots":0,
"inventoryType":3,
"equippable":true,
"itemLevel":870,
"maxCount":0,
"maxDurability":100,
"minFactionId":0,
"minReputation":0,
"quality":4,
"sellPrice":452654,
"requiredSkill":0,
"requiredLevel":0,
"requiredSkillRank":0,
"itemSource":{"sourceId":0,"sourceType":"NONE"},
"baseArmor":330,
"hasSockets":false,
"isAuctionable":false,
"armor":330,
"displayInfoId":145666,
"nameDescription":"",
"nameDescriptionColor":"000000",
"upgradable":true,
"heroicTooltip":false,
"context":"",
"bonusLists":[],
"availableContexts":[""],
"bonusSummary":{"defaultBonusLists":[],"chanceBonusLists":[3492],"bonusChances":[{"chanceType":"UPGRADE","upgrade":{"upgradeType":"NAME_DESCRIPTION","name":"Warforged","id":11428},"stats":[{"statId":"ilevel","delta":10},{"statId":"armor","delta":11},{"statId":"73","delta":120},{"statId":"7","delta":181},{"statId":"36","delta":22},{"statId":"49","delta":22}],"sockets":[]}]},"artifactId":0}
*reported, might be memory edit but we'll see

{"id":62158,
"disenchantingSkillRank":100,
"name":"Homestead Helm",
"icon":"inv_helmet_187",
"bonusStats":[{"stat":36,"amount":Troll:},{"stat":5,"amount":5},{"stat":Troll:,"amount":9}],
"itemSpells":[],
"buyPrice":21532,
"itemClass":4,
"itemSubClass":4,
"containerSlots":0,
"inventoryType":1,
"itemLevel":36,
"maxDurability":Troll:0,
"quality":2,
"sellPrice":4306,
"itemSource":{"sourceId":27167,"sourceType":"REWARD_FOR_QUEST"},
"baseArmor":33,
"armor":33,
"displayInfoId":69648,
"bonusSummary":{"defaultBonusLists":[],"chanceBonusLists":[],"bonusChances":[]},"artifactId":0}

Not moggable until 68
{"id":44412,
"disenchantingSkillRank":325,
"name":"Faceguard of Punishment",
"icon":"inv_helmet_130",
"bonusStats":[{"stat":4,"amount":27},{"stat":32,"amount":26},{"stat":Troll:,"amount":40}],
"itemSpells":[],"buyPrice":355161,"itemClass":4,"itemSubClass":4,"containerSlots":0,"inventoryType":1,
"itemLevel":187,
"maxDurability":85,
"quality":3,
"sellPrice":Troll:1032,
"itemSource":{"sourceId":13132,"sourceType":"REWARD_FOR_QUEST"},
"baseArmor":60,
"armor":60,
"displayInfoId":52302,
"bonusSummary":{"defaultBonusLists":[],"chanceBonusLists":[],"bonusChances":[]},"artifactId":0}

Users who are viewing this thread