Level 84 twinks?

Interesting since the cap is now 85... level 84 twinks could be a possibility, albeit it might be a low one. It would probably take some organization to get something like this going, but I could see it happening.

eh i really doubt it but im sure some intrepid folks will try anyways

Its going to be 80 twinks because 80 at the moment is the highest level cap. Not 84...

CIHC said:
Its going to be 80 twinks because 80 at the moment is the highest level cap. Not 84...

Level 79 twinks for level 80 cap.

Level 84 twinks for level 85 cap.

If you couldn't deduce that I was talking about Cataclysm...

Taitaih said:

I must be lost here, would one even get wsg at 84 with exp off?

I'm sure some people will be attempting to now that the next level of twinking could occur at 84. It probably won't be a viable option, but somebody would probably try to arrange specific nights for level 84 twinking.

Taitaih said:
I'm sure some people will be attempting to now that the next level of twinking could occur at 84. It probably won't be a viable option, but somebody would probably try to arrange specific nights for level 84 twinking.

Mmmm, and now I know~

and knowing is half the battle.....

Taitaih said:

79 xp-off twinks are dead, if you have one......bank alt. things have changed:

BC capped 70's in the 70-79 WSG/AB/EOTS bracket and 61-70 AV is what is happening now along with arenas

WotLK capped 80's as it is now are in their own bracket, blizz scrubbed them from the once 71-80 AV bracket and made it 71-79.

Blizz has made a blue post that the power gained from 81-85 will be huge. if i read it right, they more or less say that a 82 who never did WotLK content, but is wearing 78-85 quest gear will destroy a WotLK 80. the way i see it, a 80 twink vs 81-85's will not be the same as a 60 twink or 70 twinks as they are now against 1-9 higher levels than them.

enchants - took blizz 2 expansions to learn. 80's even with BiS WotLK gear will not be able to get Cata-enchants. gems and other items may follow the same 81+ guidelines.

with battlegroups being merged, i can see a boost for xp-off 19, 29 and 39 brackets, maybe 49's, but 59, 69, 79 and 84 will be near non-existent

well 1st we need to know the new brackets. will it be 80-84 or are they shaking things up all over?

2nd i doubt an 82 will smash an 80. considering pvp or pve gear vs lvling gear...no i highly doubt it. just think of 80-85 as basically the same as 80-90 so that an 82 would really be like an 84. or like a 70 vs a 74. a fully twinked 70 should still handily put a whooping on a 74. it might not be as easy for an 80 to do the same to an 82, but i think an 80 would still win if they have the gear and (almost more important) skill.

looking on mmo-champ none of the gems have level requirements. and it would be awesome if they never did. the enchants also dont have any lvl requirements in the tooltips, but that will change for sure. i doubt that an 80 wont be able to access them....i really dont think blizz is too worried about 80 twinks...expecially leveling enchants - high end ones might be out of reach of 80s however. i think its safe to say 70s wont be able to use cata enchants, but i doubt 80s will be restricted. which just might make 80 viable to some; but i still doubt it will take off.

as for BGs merged...huge boost for 19, 29, 39 and yes, certainly, 49. idk about 59, 69, 79 since a lot of those players prolly either lvld or moved on in other ways. i dont see 80 or 84 being popular at all - 80 moreso than 84 b/c they can just not buy cata and que (unless they change that).

another boost for 80 that 70 or 60 doesnt offer is ease of getting gear. from frost badges you can get pretty much BiS raid gear..and since you have to run icc for badges you'll be getting the rest of bis in the process. also 251 pvp gear is bought off vendors for badges unlike 70 and obviously 60. this would give a huge advantage for entering arena and attempting to get that 277 top tier gear. sure 70s can get & trade tie marks but s1 and 2 pale compared to s4. and 60s obviously have no arena gear altho via WG commendations they can hit 60 and be fully geared in GM gear at least.

hope some of this made sense. pick away

on MMO-Champion, the enchanting cataclysm list that shows the new enchants and at the tail end of each one "Requires a level 300 or higher item". i believe even the top current 80 gear is below that number.

the pinball inflation on these new enchants is HUGE, possibly some of the cata 78+ items may be able to take them

so far none of the other professions are showing a limit, but may or may not when cata releases.

as i said blizz made a post concerning the gear starting at 78 in cata, they are not doing it the way they did in vanilla wow and BC......anyway check out what this poster has discovered.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/732456-lvl-80-greens-vs-277-epics

hmm...didnt read that whole post but ive already seen a sample of some gear up to ilvl 300 and none of it looked like a solid UG to icc gear. the only piece i looked at was a new feral staff b/c higher ilvl = more dps and i havent gotten a good icc one yet anyways. id be surprised if the inflation was so big top tier gear was replaced so early....they said they wanted to avoid the whole problem they had from vanilla to BC (aka replacing bwl gear in hellfire). altho i did get my t6 lock to 80 w/o a single UG. so perhaps they'll find a middle ground in cata. also some items may be replaced if they're hit heavy or something b/c obviously you dont need to be at a hit or expertise cap while lvling and a lot of the leveling/instance gear will drop hit/exp for better straight dps stats.

i played two 59 twinks and one 60 twink in BC, they had BiS gear better than i could get from outland. vanilla wow 60's in T2-3 players in 51-60 definetly outgeared HFP/zangarmarsh gear. i saw a rogue with a naxx trinket that was only a few points off the lvl-70 bloodlust brooch. swords did alot more damage , etc etc

the only items they had that my BC greens held up against was rings, neck, cloak.

ummm big difference btwn t2 and 3.

t2 and definitely t1 was out classed by hellfire instance drops (read: blues) and greens were still highly competitive - mainly b/c superior itemization. in zanga and on you could definitely find UGs. the reason high end players got to 70 in t3 was b/c they powerlvl'd via questing/grinding or did a few instances and didnt get good enough gear worthy of breaking t3 set bonus. yes, you could go into kara in t3. but the dungeon sets were better imo.

Falkor said:
or like a 70 vs a 74. a fully twinked 70 should still handily put a whooping on a 74. it might not be as easy for an 80 to do the same to an 82, but i think an 80 would still win if they have the gear and (almost more important) skill.

Dude.. a cata quest item gives almost double the stats a ilv277 item gives. A level 81 or even a level 80 in full cata gear will destroy a wotlk geared 80.

k we will see. since i told ya i was looking through gear up to ilvl 300 and it didnt really terribly impress me

Considering the Power boost in Cata, (and I knew this was going to happen), and due to the xp-train getting bigger as you level, until you reach a final stopping point (85), I've come to the conclusion that there may never again be another leveling based expansion after cata... If you consider the rates, you should see the same. If my theory is true... I wouldn't be surprised if they do BGs like, 81s que with 81s, 82s have seperate Brackets, 83s, 84s, and alas 85s.

Think about how you would usually play on WoW, if you are level 10 leveling in a 10-20 area, you should still be able to kill level 11, 12, 13 and mostly around that range.. but at these 81-85 quest zones, I wouldn't be surprised to see you only facing creatures your level, due to the Chance to hit creature/player of level ___, I think it will be altered like this to fit pvp... Remeber, this is only a theory.

PureCraft said:
Considering the Power boost in Cata, (and I knew this was going to happen), and due to the xp-train getting bigger as you level, until you reach a final stopping point (85), I've come to the conclusion that there may never again be another leveling based expansion after cata... If you consider the rates, you should see the same. If my theory is true... I wouldn't be surprised if they do BGs like, 81s que with 81s, 82s have seperate Brackets, 83s, 84s, and alas 85s.

Think about how you would usually play on WoW, if you are level 10 leveling in a 10-20 area, you should still be able to kill level 11, 12, 13 and mostly around that range.. but at these 81-85 quest zones, I wouldn't be surprised to see you only facing creatures your level, due to the Chance to hit creature/player of level ___, I think it will be altered like this to fit pvp... Remeber, this is only a theory.

lol ....

PureCraft has the right idea. The leveling zones in Azeroth can be as vast as 10 a 10 level distance in one zone. Bu then came BC, and it was about 2-3 levels, and that went with Wotlk, but was spread out to about maximum 2 1/5 levels a zone. But also keep in mind, that the new zone is a lot smaller, it being in the Maelstrom. So i'm not sure, i will go check out all the zones on my beta account.

You don't see 79 twinks, just like you didn't see 69 twinks with BC. That's just stupid, it's not viable at all, even before XP lock, it was just stupid. Level out to the max and have some real fun in pvp. I mean twinks love pvp against other twinks, it's not ALL about killing noobs. And let's be honest, you get to do that in EG PvP also.

Here's my say...

Either their going to up the XP rate per kill/quest or no new expansion. 70s in BC* had about the same number of zones that Wotlk does for 80s, but they also had to up the xp rates so that becoming 80 wasn't insanely lengthy and depressing... I believe that they added the random Dungeons and BC que thing, so that players who did BGs, and who like to dungeon level can gain xp just as fast.

If another expansion does come out after Cata, it's probably going to either...

A) Increase the XP rates dramatically

B) Find some other way to balance the XP gain where it doesn't take so long

C) Give up and say.. screw it, they can spend all year on leveling through this shit see if I care!

I honestly think they won't add another Leveling expansion though, seeing as they had to make the next level cap 85 so they wouldn't have to alter the rates too much, or not at all, and also because they didn't have alot of land left to work with. They are trying to somewhat stick to the lore, and base continents off of continents that they already created in the Warcraft books. Adding more continents would really upset alot of lore fans that play wow just for the fun of questing and following the story.

It is possible though that they might use the already existing Emerald Dream for next expansion? o_O I think that would be a great idea, and honestly thought that the expansion after Vanilla was going to be emerald dream, but never happened. So many players love the mystery in WoW, and how it started. Emerald dream would make so much sense, considering they are adding Hyjal to cata, with the tree of life, which gives a very good indication that Emerald Dream is coming.

Either that... or they are going to use Norse Mythology to make their next expansion. Why norse mythology? I've done some research on wow, comparing things and such, and noticed that alot of their stories comes from the stories of Norse Mythology. Here is a small list comparing creatures and legends in WoW, with those of Norse mythology.

Norse Mythology Names - WoW Names

Surt - Ragnaros

Loki - Loken

Thor - Thorim

Fenrir - Havn't found yet

Jormungand - Jormungar

Skadi - Skadi

Skoll - Skoll

Hati - Havn't found yet

Freyr - Fraya

Odin - Hodir

Mimir - Mimir

Garm - Magmadar

Hymir - Havn't found yet

Heimdall - Malfurion

Tyr - Havn't found yet

Vidar - Havn't found yet

There is a part in Norse Mythology in which Surt the Fire God (Ragnaros) tries to destroy the World Tree (the big tree in the NE section of Hyjal), Yggdrasil (funny how Teldrassil is a Night Elf zone in WoW, and how Malfurion the night elf guards the world tree) and the proud defender Heimdall (Malfurion) signs his horn to call for the titans to stop Surt.

worldtree1600x_2.jpg

The event of which Surt destroys the world tree is called Ragnarok. Ironic right?

There are alot more little connections that I won't go too into detail about, but supposedly after Surt destroys the world tree, he sends a fiery reign across the world, which after 100 year is recreated with beautiful life, and Is home to giants and humans. Wonder if blizzard will take a similar approach, seeing as Ragnaros is taking a big part in this next expansion, and the Plains of Elements.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this :)

~Vortalex

Users who are viewing this thread