I suggest you shouldn't queue if you're just going to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Don't queue if you're just going to give up.

Ohhh my. What happened here . . .

1 thing. If you wanna last here on TI you're gonna need to change your attitude quickly.. People don't put up with crap around here generally.

As of late I have started "quitting" midway through the bg cause I can generally see within the first 3 minutes if it's gonna be a complete faceroll or if it will be a possible fun bg. Ask [MENTION=9612]SallyG[/MENTION]. I have been in this bracket long enough and saved enough bgs or had enough miraculous wins that I guess my desire for those kind of bgs are gone. I no longer care as much about denying the 3 cap. I no longer really care about trying to cap over and over if I'm literally being 1v7 everytime I do. If people want to do 5 person premades and run 5 healers or 5 prots or some OP ass comp then I'll give them want they want and I'll let them faceroll. I won't quit playing just cause the team caps once and I won't generally just sit there in a spot and hide but I will stop trying to grab flag or stop efc (hell half the bracket never does that in the first place so I'm just lowering my gameplay to the avg pug).

What does piss me off though is people who afk in the last 2 minutes of a bg or who afk to save their ratio.. I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF JOINING 2-0 BGS WHERE EFC IS HALFWAY ACROSS THE MAP. Don't afk to save your ratio. It makes you look stupid and seriously pisses off anyone who joins after you. I would honestly probably have a 5% higher win ratio if I never queued into a bg like that

[RAGE]
[/RAGE]

^ I wasn't trying to come off as rude, I put [RAGE] tags in the post as a forewarning, I thought it to be clever. Most of my posts are constructive and concise unless I believe someone is being unreasonable, I try not to offend anyone.

If you feel that this topic was directed at you, you should know that I didn't even know these forums existed until 3 days ago. I've never talked to or played with you before. I didn't mean to get such a rise out of you.

As for your, what I'll call ground rules for the forums. I already read the TOU (whatever you'd like to call it) set forth by Shane, that admin, and I feel I've been compliant.

Thank you for the tips though.

As for being on topic though,

With all due respect, if you keep "lowering your skill/effort to that of the average pug" doesn't that make you the "average pug"? It just seems condescending to talk down to a group of casual players by saying that you're going to be as effective as them because they don't try as hard as you do, which you've admitted you don't even do. You're insulting yourself.

I just don't see how the prospect of encouraging people to give it their all (regardless of skill level) or don't bother playing could effect the bracket negatively. I mean, I wouldn't consider myself that great of a player, but at least I try.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

^ I wasn't trying to come off as rude, I put [RAGE] tags in the post as a forewarning, I thought it to be clever. Most of my posts are constructive and concise unless I believe someone is being unreasonable, I try not to offend anyone.

If you feel that this topic was directed at you, you should know that I didn't even know these forums existed until 3 days ago. I've never talked to or played with you before. I didn't mean to get such a rise out of you.

As for your, what I'll call ground rules for the forums. I already read the TOU (whatever you'd like to call it) set forth by Shane, that admin, and I feel I've been compliant.

Thank you for the tips though.

I wouldn't worry about anything here. Shit hits the fan pretty quickly, and quite often!
Just /run and come back when the thread calms down. Or gets locked. Either one works.

This place can be pretty good, so hang in there.

shiat goeses done in ti broo wacth ur bak

shiat goeses done in ti broo wacth ur bak

"Language always gives you away", I'm not worried about some of the aggressors I see around here. Take a sniff around their post history, it's not hard to figure them out. Just won't bother with them anymore. It's sad.

That's basically what this bracket is. New players, f2p twinks, and 24s. This bracket resembles what WoW was back then. Levelers, half assed twinks, and real twinks.

In other words, random games are random, which could probably be an applicable response to almost every BG QQ thread ever authored.

In other words, random games are random, which could probably be an applicable response to almost every BG QQ thread ever authored.

I wouldn't necessarily call 2-3 members of your team giving up almost every game because of their personal issues with their past experiences in this bracket "random".

If they're that jaded and so quick to passively accept losing almost every match they play, in my opinion they shouldn't queue. Or they should join the arena scene which is generally a controlled environment that players are more comfortable in.

In my opinion If you can't take the heat stay out of the gulch. Don't drag people down with cheap cop outs like, "Oh they're so bad, I'm going to be bad too, but it's okay because it's my way of dealing with losing a match I hardly participated in to begin with and letting them win doesn't make me feel personally responsible for the outcome or the time and effort put in from my team mates that is now wasted."

Also this whole topic is primarily a suggestion, I'll edit the OP if people feel like I'm "Telling them what to do". I didn't mean to come off as rude or condescending. I'm just honestly trying to figure this out for myself. I know it's not going to change. Just doesn't make sense that players, especially the ones who consider themselves to have a shred of skill and even boast about it, are throwing games and still queuing. There's nothing skilled or sportsmanlike about that.

Last edited:

I didn't take it personally and didn't mean it as an attack on you at all.. I was kinda angry as well cause bgs are crap atm and it seems like no1 on horde really cares how they are effecting the games as long as they get a W. I was really just trying to warn you cause you seemed to have an aggressive type of talking which normally invites trolls to troll you or gets you banned for saying one to many bad things. Wasn't trying to be mean just give you a heads up how things work around here ^-^

Also this whole topic is primarily a suggestion, I'll edit the OP if people feel like I'm "Telling them what to do". I didn't mean to come off as rude or condescending. I'm just honestly trying to figure this out for myself. I know it's not going to change. Just doesn't make sense that players, especially the ones who consider themselves to have a shred of skill and even boast about it, are throwing games and still queuing. There's nothing skilled or sportsmanlike about that.

You are new here... You don't understand that once you see the same people over and over and over and over on their 24s and each and every time they win you learn there isn't any point to fight bacl. I guess I have lost the competitiveness I used to have but it just gets old quickly.. Seeing a 24 premade on the other side and trying to carry your team or do as good as you can just to simply come up short. I feel that whole last post was directed at me but you shouldn't take sally's word that I quit... The whole bickering in here was over 1 bg and I'm pretty sure anyone can vouch that I rarely quit games. Only time I do is when I know we have literally no chance in winning and when I feel me not trying will speed the inevitable loss up some so I can get to the next bg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chill, peoples. If you are playing for fun, like you should be, you should keep it all fun.

Yeah, I am going for the old guy in Breaking Bad look.

From a little distance his eyes look, well - the description of 'Derp' faces... aha!

Sorry for de-railing the thread a little there. But you can't really stop the 'Giving Up' players, they have been there since I started playing World of Warcraft in late 2007/early 2008.

i dont always afk out of a bg, but when i do its always of a camper whom many of us had seen name Ironman and premades more than 4 24's( 3 is ok, a bit of challengng in the bg :D)

and for alliance,never accept an instant pop Que :p it might lead to a 2-0 and efc capping in 10 sec bg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread