Bandit - 5 agi 5 stam 5 crit
Sorcerer - 5 int 5 stam 5 haste
Stamina- 10 stam
Glowing Lizardscale cloak - 5 armor 9 agi 3 stam
Mystic's Robe - 10 armor 5 int 18 stam
Stained Shadowcraft Tunic 16 9 13 9
Gorestainded Garb - 10 armor 4 int 14 haste
Bands of Serra’kis - 7 armor 7 stam 7 agi

In regards to #1 , the gear that we had that was better were BoAs. As you say, ours were player level 39 (ilvl 44). The 29s' BoAs were player level 29 (ilvl 34). If this is true, then we lost this advantage.

As you say, we are getting many new options that can become BiS, however; I am guessing we won't quite make up the loss from the BoAs being less now. The big one with the BoAs being weapons. I haven't seen a weapon that is even close with damage and stats to what I had before. Now it is possible when it's all said and done that some other pieces could maybe make up the stat gap from the BoA stat loss, but I really doubt it.

Thanks for posting all the new stuff! I appreciate it!
I was giving opinions based on the fact that BOAs were the same ilvl for 20 and 29. If I'm wrong than maybe this fix is actually not nice for us, but I got a lot of stats with this new patch. As I have feared (and honey badger have proved) this scaling works up to 100 lvl and there will be strange situations like pple using A1-3 sets for better set bonuses, running PVP in vanilla gear/etc. Blizz will probably redo this whole thing, like (for example) keep this scaling, but make +15ilvl maximum, so 15ilvl gear will be 30ilvl in BG's and 5ilvl will only be like 20 ilvl, otherwise a lot of problems with gear scaling at 100 incoming.

This may not be intended because of what Honeybadger posted and what Chykcha said. Seems weird at high level I could easily farm a brutal set for less than 2500 honor and be pretty well geared. However that may be the point as well. That you can casually PvP in whatever gear you have at end game. I say this with the thought that at end game nothing says the scaling will exceed or even meet what the current conquest and mythic iLvls will be.

Example next season scaling could be to 640 but conquest may be 660. Also older gear will not have the new secondary stats on them.

To help explain, some people don't understand how crazy scaling is. Us 20s have an advantage if you find the right pieces. Here's an example for stamina on 550 ilvl prideful bracers vs lvl 18 required item lvl 23 wrangler bracers of stamina. The wrangler give 26 more stamina.

View attachment 4938 View attachment 4939

Im enjoying the theory crafting of this patch so far including the challenge against 28s & 29s.

I hope this clears up any confusion so more people understand the potential of lvl level gear at item lvl 35

Sorry but this only confused me further, what advantadge is it 20s have? And why would lvl 28 twinks still be a thing if char lvl dont affect scaling...?

why would lvl 28 twinks still be a thing if char lvl dont affect scaling...?

well, you get more from haste, crit etc. on lower lvls, right? i dont know if there is much (if any) difference in this aspect between 28 and 29 though :( just writing here because im bored and cant log in because... well, fuck blizzard, thats why :(

well, you get more from haste, crit etc. on lower lvls, right? i dont know if there is much (if any) difference in this aspect between 28 and 29 though :( just writing here because im bored and cant log in because... well, fuck blizzard, thats why :(

Correct... we need to research more about -ability- scaling in battlegrounds, and not just focus on gear scaling. But if you wanted to talk about general scaling that should probably be a different thread because the purpose of this one is specifically to collect gear scaling information.

Why would a 28 benefit more from stats? In bgs a 28 is "technicly" a 29 cus hes lvl scales to the max lvl of that bracket.

Why would a 28 benefit more from stats? In bgs a 28 is "technicly" a 29 cus hes lvl scales to the max lvl of that bracket.

I know exactly why a 28 would benefit more than a 29 and from which gear, but why am i going to post to help a lvl 28 p2p. F'dem right? lol. Let them research their own sh@!. /tickle

Last edited by a moderator:
True but their are people who are to lazy to research what scales.

btw: Few items i thought id report.

cobrahn's boots
11 armor
6 agility
9 stam
6 crit

belt of fang
9armor
7 agilit
10 stam

ello's band
4 agi
7 stam
4 crit

dark leather belt
9 armor
7 stam
7 agility

Embossed leather gloves (required 55 leather working)
10 armor
10 agility

^ Highest agility gloves in bracket 20-29 IMO (Too early to really know)

Bard's boots of stamina
11 armor
10 stamina

Here's a tip :

Low lvl Gear can be easily obtained farm raging fire chasm if your a hordie .

LATEST SCALING
------------------------
Bloodied Twilight Cloak - 5 Armor 9 STR 5 STAM
Tumultuous Cloak of the Soldier - 5 Armor 5 STR 5 STAM 5 CRIT
Unbountied Cloak - 5 Armor 6 STR 7 STAM

Earthbound Girdle of the Soldier - 13 Armor 6 STR 6 STAM 6 CRIT
Earthbound Girdle of the Bear - 13 Armor 8 STR 8 STAM
Earthbound Girdle of Strength - 13 Armor 13 STR
Cobrahn's Grasp - 13 Armor 10 STR 7 HASTE
Keller's Girdle - 5 Armor 12 INT 4 STAM

Bracers of the Most Trusted - 10 Armor 3 STR 7 STAM 5 CRIT
Collarspike Bracers - 10 Armor 7 STR 7 STAM
Mindthrust Bracers - 4 Armor 7 INT 4 STAM 4 SPIRIT

Thorbias Gauntlets - 14 Armor 12 STR 4 STAM

Legionaire's Band - 6 STR 6 AGI 3 STAM
Band of Brute Force - 10 STR
Silverlaine's Family Seal - 8 STR 5 STAM
Demon Band - 6 STR 3 STAM 3 CRIT
Ring of Defense - 9 Dodge 11 Armor

Shield Against the Evil Presence - 96 Armor 7 STR 7 STAM
Redbeard's Crest - 96 Armor 9 STR 4 STAM

Silverlinked Footguards - 15 Armor 5 STR 11 STAM
Savage Trodders - 15 Armor 9 STR 9 STAM

Scales of Aku' Mai - 19 Armor 8 INT 11 STAM 8 CRIT
Foreman's Leggings - 19 Armor 11 STR 11 STAM
Dividend Leggings - 19 Armor 9 STR 9 STAM 9 CRIT

Pytha's Vest - 22 Armor 8 STR 11 STAM 8 CRIT

Deathstalker's Pauldrons - 17 Armor 6 STR 9STAM 6 CRIT

To help explain, some people don't understand how crazy scaling is. Us 20s have an advantage if you find the right pieces. Here's an example for stamina on 550 ilvl prideful bracers vs lvl 18 required item lvl 23 wrangler bracers of stamina. The wrangler give 26 more stamina.

View attachment 4938 View attachment 4939

Im enjoying the theory crafting of this patch so far including the challenge against 28s & 29s.

I hope this clears up any confusion so more people understand the potential of lvl level gear at item lvl 35

This is a bug, there's no way this is staying. They probably don't have a cap on gear scaling. In MoP it was 4 levels. There's 0 point to do end game currently...

I'm going to hold off on any updates for now. Enjoy skrimishes/bgs for now, we'll touch this gear in a few.

Users who are viewing this thread