US Fondly missed

Activate

Legend
There was a time when trials ruled the bracket. A time when one server swarmed the battlegrounds. Subscribers everywhere knelt before our collective will. In time other strongholds took shape and rivalries were born. Community as WoW has never seen... and shall never see again. With the help of a wizard named Yasueh we shaped our experiences with our own hands. We, decided what we wanted and took it. Through great struggle there was great creativity. Alas, it was not to last.

With the introduction of veteran accounts the pure community was decimated. As subscribers grew in numbers the lure of an easy edge proved too strong. Brothers and sisters everywhere abandoned their legacy. Abandoned each other. With no more reason to bind together the community withered away. Veteran guilds a mere shadow of the former glory we shared. It was an honor to play among you. Yet it was always on borrowed time.

#dave12684

IMO, wod changes and the shift from 24-29 ruined it. Veterans were just a logical path for f2p to take to stand a chance.

That said, gearing back in late cata and early mop was much more rewarding. I remember letting my friends know (via f2p add on) that I found a magicians mantle in a chest in wetlands, and I kept the chest from despawing so they could loot it. And when AGM was a highly sought after top tier item. And saving up enough justice points and finally obtaining an heirloom felt like obtaining a powerful epic.

That's what I feel was taken away.
But with wod scaling and the ease of obtaining bis/near bis, f2p purity was bound to die either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next f2p championship shall be in the near future. When legion hits there is no doubt f2p gonna spike huge, ill make sure to gather up people and put the word out. I like the little break that we have right now, These last few months ive met many new f2ps and explained many things to them , and a month ago nearly 40 f2ps were logged on magtheridon EU at one time.

Still more active than a handful of other brackets.

Funny. For me, and probably a lot of you, the game has always been about that unique thing that sets you apart. I gave up my subscription partly because of the watering down of previous achievements. When my Lt. Commander title (that I got when I was 59 mind you, pre-cross realm BGs) became achievable via some other way, I finally lost all hope. Now as a F2P it's all about getting what I should not be able to have. That DK on my login page is a badge of been there at the right time. My guilded F2P Chars due to the recent bug are badges. Twinking has always been about grabbing every advantage, so exploiting bugs ( as long as it's not those greasy terrain / char size bugs where you can hide above the FR spawn stuff) is totally fine. The old fall through the saw blade was fine as long as everyone could do it, you know. We exist to find every little detail to use to our advantage. Can't figure out the terrain jumps... too bad. Luckily for us, there looks to be a whole new list of bugs to exploit on the horizon with Legion. PVP Gear based on item level! Get your LFH now!

Ebb and flow.

Bob

There was a time when trials ruled the bracket. A time when one server swarmed the battlegrounds. Subscribers everywhere knelt before our collective will. In time other strongholds took shape and rivalries were born. Community as WoW has never seen... and shall never see again. With the help of a wizard named Yasueh we shaped our experiences with our own hands. We, decided what we wanted and took it. Through great struggle there was great creativity. Alas, it was not to last.

With the introduction of veteran accounts the pure community was decimated. As subscribers grew in numbers the lure of an easy edge proved too strong. Brothers and sisters everywhere abandoned their legacy. Abandoned each other. With no more reason to bind together the community withered away. Veteran guilds a mere shadow of the former glory we shared. It was an honor to play among you. Yet it was always on borrowed time.

#dave12684
It would be an honor to have you all back on the frontlines come Legion, as it has the potential to top previous experiences, a new f2paddon can be created possibly, and trials might once again rule the bracket.

It would be an honor to have you all back on the frontlines come Legion, as it has the potential to top previous experiences, a new f2paddon can be created possibly, and trials might once again rule the bracket.

Possibly, if ilvl advantage isn't too high and it comes down to skill. But then there's ability advantage.

With legion f2ps will be almost on the same lvl as vets and that will help boost the lvl 20 growth in the bracket

With legion f2ps will be almost on the same lvl as vets and that will help boost the lvl 20 growth in the bracket
Right now vets are 20s just like f2ps only difference is they have enchants and in Legion enchants and the gear stats are turned off in battlegrounds/arenas so no they wont be almost on the same level as vets, they will be on the same level as vets.
Legion will probably be just as good gameplay wise though, I just miss the community. Only reason I prefer f2p over max level is because of said community.
I also miss the community as many others but this is the thing..
Back then the gameplay was there first which played a major role in helping to establish said community. During wod the difference between f2ps and vets/29s was far too much so f2ps simply died out due to not being viable. Now that they will be as close as ever to p2ps the community has the chance to return and grow even larger, which is why we might need a new f2paddon. The possibility is very real because there are so many that will return, and then all the new f2ps on the block, and trust me there are many new faces around they just will need some help getting to know how things work like back in the day when people were helping new players get comfy in the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread