EU+US An Open Dialog: Are Arms Warriors Good Enough Anymore?

Fury is actually pretty ok atm, I go for war machine :D
If I recall, it triggers on a hk so anyone who dies nearby would give you the buff
If it is HK then that's a game changer.
An HK or a KB?:

"Killing a target grants you..." Big difference between your killing the target or just an HK, Haven't tried it in so long I forgot.

I'll see if I can find some...test subjects. ;)
Please let us know your findings. I plan to do my own testing later tonight, but I don't expect to be able to play until much later.

Also, I noticed that sometimes execute will use up 40 rage to deal the same damage as the baseline execute damage at 20

an arms warrior can beat a surv Hunter actually, unless the surv Hunter wing clips you and runs away to kite with throwing axes ( very effective I tell you)
Yeah execute got buffed by 15%
execute starts at 10 rage, but for every 30 rage you deal additional damage, thats why when you get a target to about 45% and you have someone dealing damage near you you just want to save rage and spam execute for the harder hit. if a target is in execute range but you have overpower up and below 40 rage i suggest using overpower instead as it does about the samage damage but less rage and guaranteed crit. (I main war)

fury is so different from what it used to be, now you have to use bloodthirst as if it were your main ability when others are down, as it does the same damage as your other spells. i have yet to play warrior twink in a while but i should be playing it soon to check it out.

If it is HK then that's a game changer.

Please let us know your findings. I plan to do my own testing later tonight, but I don't expect to be able to play until much later.

Couldn't get a pop for 40 mins. so I logged. Will try tonight.

Tried Fury today, my biggest problem is that the targets are often to far away because of lagging around, really worse if we play against russians.
It feels like Arms has a bigger range to hit targets. Dunno.
But the good news is war got more HPs now as arms round about 6400 before 5764 as Orc.

Tried Fury today, my biggest problem is that the targets are often to far away because of lagging around, really worse if we play against russians.
It feels like Arms has a bigger range to hit targets. Dunno.
But the good news is war got more HPs now as arms round about 6400 before 5764 as Orc.
I haven't gotten to play Fury since the HP Buff. My Orc Warrior jumped from 5.8k to 6.4k and before the fix Fury was at 6.7k. I expect it to be around 7.3k

It

It's def KB, not HKs. :( Eh thought so.
Yeah, that seems to be the case. But it still procs pretty often for me. Really easy to get a train of kills with it. I actually prefer it to Fresh Meat. Not as easy to kite and Haste lets me keep building rage faster so I can use Rampage more often.

I also have a question: Which class do you think is best for warriors (sans Belf, because silence is best by far)? Horde seems to have more varied racials than Alliance, but I'm curious how much Troll's Haste helps vs Tauren's HP/Stomp vs Goblin's Haste. And same with alliance, though it seems like they have less stat-centric abilities. Stealth, CC-break, Phy Dmg reduction, etc.

I also have a question: Which class do you think is best for warriors (sans Belf, because silence is best by far)? Horde seems to have more varied racials than Alliance, but I'm curious how much Troll's Haste helps vs Tauren's HP/Stomp vs Goblin's Haste. And same with alliance, though it seems like they have less stat-centric abilities. Stealth, CC-break, Phy Dmg reduction, etc.
Well I'd go either belf or tauren
belf is my main cuz of the silence +extra rage
tauren cuz that 2% extra damage from crits would make overpower a little better and tauren also get 12 more stamina

execute starts at 10 rage, but for every 30 rage you deal additional damage, thats why when you get a target to about 45% and you have someone dealing damage near you you just want to save rage and spam execute for the harder hit. if a target is in execute range but you have overpower up and below 40 rage i suggest using overpower instead as it does about the samage damage but less rage and guaranteed crit. (I main war)
patch 7.1 has nerfed execute to have 2 ranks tho, at level 20 execute should only consume max 20 rage to deal about 20% more than slam. But sometimes I'm spending 40 rage to deal the same amount

Yeah, that seems to be the case. But it still procs pretty often for me. Really easy to get a train of kills with it. I actually prefer it to Fresh Meat. Not as easy to kite and Haste lets me keep building rage faster so I can use Rampage more often.
Yeah it proccs really often, that's why I thought it was from hks. Plus the haste increase is noticeable

Did some testing, war machine seems to proc even without you dealing the killing blow, as long as you did damage to the target.

looking at warrior yesterday, dont even bother about saving rage for execute as we dont gain that buffed damage for more execute if i read it correct, it comes in a few levels after the fact.

Orc has most Style! As much as I like tauren and their Stomp.
Belf, are you kidding me I want to play a Warrior not a prima ballerina!

looking at warrior yesterday, dont even bother about saving rage for execute as we dont gain that buffed damage for more execute if i read it correct, it comes in a few levels after the fact.
SO does that mean we're spending extra rage for nothing? That seems like a bug.

Orc has most Style! As much as I like tauren and their Stomp.
Belf, are you kidding me I want to play a Warrior not a prima ballerina!
I know, it's not great to look at, especially if you've always been a horde fan, but an insta-cast AoE Silence is just too good not to be best racial

Did some testing, war machine seems to proc even without you dealing the killing blow, as long as you did damage to the target.

Hadn't noticed that. Do you mean if you simply did damage to the target, or if you damaged a target that was killed even if you didn't have the KB?

Hadn't noticed that. Do you mean if you simply did damage to the target, or if you damaged a target that was killed even if you didn't have the KB?
That would explain why it procs so often compared to Victory Rush. Feels like I had it up every time I got into an engagement

Users who are viewing this thread