19 rogue

Monty

Legend
I am making a level 19 twink rogue, and i was wondering how much time went into it (i have 85's that can help me)
Are there certain pieces of armor that are better for sub rogue
Could i also have some tips about using sub rogue in combat.
Is it worth the time to get hierloom daggers or should i get shadowfangs

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for Shadowfangs. Took me nearly 5 months to get both of mine.

Some tips "for sub rogues in combat":

- Kick heals that are actually a thread (i.e. don't kick holy light or a heal on a target at 98% hp).

- Use gouge effectively -- focus gouge on healers, gouging a disengage midair to cancel it, gouging penances (don't kick them, allows priest to free cast flah heal), or even just using it as an opportunity to bandage or stack combo points on a target.

- Sap puts gouge as well as polymorph on diminishing returns, don't sap targets unnecessarily.

- Have a macro to switch a dagger to your MH when you want to use backstab for the waylay proc. You can also use a macro to put the slow wep in your MH when you cast Sinister Strike.

- Use Shadowstep wisely. Most of the time I use it as either a gap closer or to focus kick healers.

Just a few basic tips. For more information visit these links (if you haven't already):

http://www.twinkinfo.com/15-19-bracket/18710-19-pvp-player-tips.html

http://www.twinkinfo.com/19-twink-guides/14665-curley-s-rogue-guide.html

You can check out my guide. I know it isn't the most popular guide and probably not the most accurate... but I'm sure theres at least something you could pull from it. I always enjoy sapping a target near the flag room exits, either towards graveyard or down tunnel, picking the flag and shadow stepping to them. Most of the time you'll get right by them and they'll have no clue what happened. Also I enjoy doing the same trick up to the 2nd floor or even roof once your target is about to jump off off depending on situation.

-Focus shadowstep kicks/gouges are very important and game changing. However as a rogue your #1 priority is to do whatever it takes to return the flag as soon as possible. If that means sitting in flag room to contain any potential enemy flag carriers, go for it. However, this does not mean you're the one who has to get the return. Returns do not matter as long as it is your faction clicking the flag. Returns are like Kbs, it's pure luck and latency. Often times you may find yourself shadowstepping away from the enemy flag carrier to kick a heal resulting in the downing of the enemy flag carrier.

-Also you should literally almost always be on the enemy FC. As a rogue you should pretty much never be with your flag carrier. Even if there is no enemy FC and your FC has some support, you should be in your flag room getting ready to sap incoming players etc.

I hope this little tidbit has helped give you a brief idea of how to play a rogue effectively. If you have any questions ask Sneaky, Saxxon or I. Sneaky is very effective in his focuses and macros etc. He's the guy to go to for more advanced stuff.

Good luck,
~~Møçhâ~~

- Kick heals that are actually a thread (i.e. don't kick holy light or a heal on a target at 98% hp).

- Use gouge effectively -- focus gouge on healers, gouging a disengage midair to cancel it, gouging penances (don't kick them, allows priest to free cast flah heal), or even just using it as an opportunity to bandage or stack combo points on a target.

- Sap puts gouge as well as polymorph on diminishing returns, don't sap targets unnecessarily.

- Have a macro to switch a dagger to your MH when you want to use backstab for the waylay proc. You can also use a macro to put the slow wep in your MH when you cast Sinister Strike.

- Use Shadowstep wisely. Most of the time I use it as either a gap closer or to focus kick healers.

Just a few basic tips. For more information visit these links (if you haven't already):

kicking penance is a good thing considering u are crippling urself if u fake after first tick which is why priests at 19 should mostly fake with fh and just cast penance when u cant get kicked

kicking penance is a good thing considering u are crippling urself if u fake after first tick which is why priests at 19 should mostly fake with fh and just cast penance when u cant get kicked

I had trouble understanding that. Can you or someone else explain?

penance is a healing spell so it is still effective to kick it(it will also lock out flash heal ect.), just most good priests will 2 tick and fake it.

penance is a healing spell so it is still effective to kick it(it will also lock out flash heal ect.), just most good priests will 2 tick and fake it.

Really? I thought if you kicked penance, a priest could still free cast Flash Heal up to full...

Thanks for the info, I should've asked before!

Any high rated priest will tell you to never go more than 1 or 2 ticks of penance (unless of course Cs/kick is on cd)

Especially being a rogue make sure to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. You will learn your mistakes very early on and will help you in the long run.

And after 5 months and using someone TSS, a SF was donated to the deserving twink by Twinkformers.

Srsly, SF will take you a long time to get them, and coming MoP, i believe that Dagger rogues will be the best thing.

And after 5 months and using someone TSS, a SF was donated to the deserving twink by Twinkformers.

Srsly, SF will take you a long time to get them, and coming MoP, i believe that Dagger rogues will be the best thing.

nah combat with 2 fangs seems to be viable in beta. But its just the beta.

Though by combining the +20 energy from the assassination spec and Subterfuge you get two free ambushes.

ambush loses 60% extra crit. I think mutilate would deal more damage than ambush

Users who are viewing this thread