XpOff Advertisement Macro - HELP!

Sponsor

Achievement Hunting
Hey guys!

I am terrible with this kind of stuff, so hopefully some of you will be able to contribute and help out a bit with this macro I've been working on.

Heck by the end of it, maybe everyone could copy/paste it and send it in BG chat whenever a game starts or ends to help raise awareness to twinks and grow the population on here!

So here is the macro I currently say in Bgs:

"/bg Twinking interests you? Check out "XpOff", a WoW fanpage with thousands of informative posts about Twinks! Sub-forums for ALL BG brackets, with over 28,000 users! And of course, knowledge is FREE! :)"

Now this macro is NOWHERE near completion, with a very cliche ending. I put roughly 2 minutes into it just to get the rough message across that there is a twink forum out there.

If any of you currently have better macros, or have suggestions, please share them down below. I am curious to see what you have!

And yeah, please help me fix that monstrosity.

make sure to remind them we take people of all capabilities (even level 10s too) and that we are a very friendly community

Since the term "twink" carries a lot of baggage (and a significant number players don't really know what the term even means in WoW), I suggest leaving that out.

"/bg Want to see how far PvP can go when you lock your XP? Check out XPoff dot com for guides, forums, streams, and more -- join a growing community of thousands who found more fun with their XP off!"

Since the term "twink" carries a lot of baggage (and a significant number players don't really know what the term even means in WoW), I suggest leaving that out.
I 100% guarantee anyone that does PvP in WoW and any other MMO knows EXACTLY what twinks are in these types of Games and if they themselves don't have Twinks, they pretty much hate us for 'ruining' their PvP fun.

I 100% guarantee anyone that does PvP in WoW and any other MMO knows EXACTLY what twinks are in these types of Games and if they themselves don't have Twinks, they pretty much hate us for 'ruining' their PvP fun.

Good point, I badly phrased what I meant. Most people do hate twinks for exactly the reasons you mention. Leaving out the T-word provides a debatably greater opportunity for people to find more than what the stereotype of the word implies.

I won't argue that the word Twink is shifty in some people's eyes mostly due to ignorance of the term in regards to Video Games, of which we're talking about. You may be correct that not using the term may gain a greater audience.

I talk about streamers, the arena ladder, and events in my macro, also using it once at the beggining and end of a BG hadnt presented me with any problems. I also just say xpoff.com

Great thing is when you make a good impression on your team they take your words far more serious. People become appreciative for the gameplay and the information

When "barking" your goods you need to keep it short and sweet.
Just mention your goods and what they represent and offer. And where to find them.
Once you have them give them more information.

"New to lower level battlegrounds. Come visit us @ XPoff.com. We take lower level PvP to the extremes! "

At first people will be leary to go to some unknown site. Eventually, if enough people spam XPoff.com people will come here and we can get our "mega-guild" rolling. Once that snowball gets rolling downhill there will be no stopping it. It is just a matter of getting it rolling.

I've been trying to think of something to put in a macro to try to spread the word, I over complicated it haha..

This is a good idea and everyone should be doing it. Hell, might as well try it in endgame BGs. You never know who would be interested. :)

I also mention how I'm trying to attract end game content on occasion.

i have xpoff im my macro i pop it each game.

>SupaNova< Frostmourne Oceanic 20-29 Twinker Guild Pst for Recruitment/Infomation and/or look at Www.Xpoff.com
with this macro i have sent 40+ people to this site that have pst'ed for a chat. let alown the people that must have at least had a little look :p
Talking about guilds recruiting and even premades/10v10s is a really solid way to attract people.

Mentioning guides as well, our guide game is on point.

Great thing is when you make a good impression on your team they take your words far more serious. People become appreciative for the gameplay and the information

i find that if i have had a good game i get a better amount of people replying. and one thing i have picked up on too if its a new toon with shit gear i get a lot lest people that reply.

Users who are viewing this thread