XP Off Is an E-Sport and You Are Too!

Conq

This morning I was asked something along the lines of “do you intend to become an E-Sports manager soon?” this comment was intended as a playful insult, but I took it pretty seriously, because that Is something i’d like to consider myself, I didn’t interpret what this person said as an insult in all fairness which is often the case with said individuals comments as I find his way of thinking is decently suited to challenge mine, that being said his perspective is something I actually value.​

Internally I suppose I processed this question as “are you an Esports manager?" My answer is simple, Yes: I am an ameuteur Esports manager/entrepenour, I run my own league and I have helped create a website and develop a community that is essentially an Esports Hub. Now that is a bold claim for someone with virtually no money on the books in the Esports industry, no one who could be potentially considered an NWL, or XPoff employee or owner makes any money at the moment save from a single Twitch donation of 6$ USD, and I will not lie to you, it is my goal to make myself, and the people involved as much money as I possibly can, I am willing to invest much of my time, energy, and personal resource to make that happen in a strategic and economically responsible fashion, I am not rich, no one here is, we don’t need to have money to be relevant in the Esports world tho! We don’t need to be the big name labels to run OUR events, we can do it ourselves as a community, this industry is a baby and WE have proven that we can hold our own in it. Nothing has been perfect, but there has been huge success with events in the greater XP Off community in the past few years, and these events are Esports based events, We are individuals who segregate ourselves into a separate player pool, into a pool that encourages a Highly competitive playstyle, some of us actually have to mobilize as a community to have an envioremnt to compete in (in and out of game). 19s have not only maintained daily WSG pops for an entire year, we have been a huge driving force that has caused remarkable progress in the entire community since the Twinkcup. If you want me to be completely honest I’d tell you that we as an esports community are completely self managed, and we WILL be self made and a success.​

Now i’m not saying every team leader will be a millionaire but I am offering the community a chance to be apart of this vision, and if i’m correct, who knows where this could lead? This possible success comes down to people participating in and organizing events. Twitch, Twitter, XPOff, Challonge, Curse Voice, The Battle.net forums, these are the tools we need and will use, Activision as a multi-billion dollar company is literally looking to create an ESPN of Esports. This is an industry where people like Robert Kraft, and companies like Redbull, and Coca Cola invest in, the industry is on track to exceed a value of over $1.6 billion by 2018, and Activision has publically stated that they are shaping World of Warcraft as a piece of the puzzle in a very grand E-Sports vision, while using terms like “million dollar contracts”. We have received attention from the lens of PvP from multiple high ranked Blizzard employees throughout the past year, we have received this attention because of our uniqueness as a community, because beyond all adversity, we have managed to create something that not even the mainstream playerbase has achieved. Now this fortune I am aiming for will not be over night, it could even take a few years but that is fine, if XPoff, The Twinkcup, or The NWL is business than it should take at least two years before we see a return on investment, but i’m willing to dedicate more than that to make this a reality, because I am convinced that this is an incredible opportunity and we would be stupid to miss it, this website is our head start in the WoW E-Sports world, but don’t take my word for it all this, read up for yourself.​

http://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...ft-pvp-as-an-esport-its-kind-of-hard-to-watch

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenh...f-esports-is-on-pace-to-explode/#20945d796d87

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/05/activision-acquires-major-league-gaming-esports

http://fortune.com/2015/10/22/activision-blizzard-new-esports-division/

Last edited by a moderator:
Inspirational post, 29s for life though.
All it takes to make a league/tournament is some organizational skill, a few teams and two casters. There's no reason there can't be a twenty nines Wargaming league

Users who are viewing this thread