Why people who say this bracket takes no skill are so wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dory, can you please stop trolling double D's posts/threads? We want to keep our conversations as civil as possible and you keep barging in with your "Hey everyone, stop doing what you're doing and pay attention to me!" attitude.

The Dory Show has been 1 too many seasons too long and it needs to be canceled.

Dory, can you please stop trolling double D's posts/threads? We want to keep our conversations as civil as possible and you keep barging in with your "Hey everyone, stop doing what you're doing and pay attention to me!" attitude.

Dory is just an attention whore everytime auggy posts he brings up some BS, and everyime i post he brings up MGC.......

all i really gotta say is WIN A PREMADE dont be a superstar bench warmer 0-1 premade record for life

I like this thread. Almost makes we want to pick ye old twank again.

odd isn't it, sometimes these heated debates bring players back to the game and community.

guess life isn't so black and white after all...

: )

Wait just a second! Are you telling me that in actuality it's "skill" which leads to doing well? Because, I had always assumed that I had three straight years of amazing rng. As if getting ahead in a field requires anything besides luck....what a preposterous implication.

I must say, out of all the threads in 19 bracket forums, this has far been one of the most mature threads, thought out responses and overall coming together of players to a single point. My respect to this thread. This coming from a player who feels like they are far from good, I tend to play the game to win. And often gets discouraged when people "own" me left and right. I have a 2200+ rbg/arena rogue, I have a 1800+ RBG pally. I have done all this with persistence and work at 85. yet it seems all the work I have put into my 19 shaman and I still feel like Im on the lower end of the totem when it comes to kill in the bracket.

Plenty of people like to chime in on random threads with comments like LOL you said 19s and skill in the same sentence LOLLOLXD.

The problem with this thread is the first sentence. I think you missed the whole point of what '' no skill in 19s ' means.

Obviously it does require some skills just like pretty much anything. Peeing in the toilet bowl while standing without touching the seat require some skill. Snapping my fingers together to make a sound require some skills. However all those skills are so easy and insignificant that they aren't worth mentioning. This is the samething in the 19s bracket, almost any 12 years old could master those 2 skills I mentioned, just like almost any 12 years old could master the 19s bracket or just WoW in general.

Now if you are truely hurt when someone says ' lol 19s takes no skill ' , instead we can start saying ' lol 19s takes very little skill that almost every 12 years old have'' . However option 2 takes too long to type so I think you just need to learn to go with it and accept it. Think of it as a figure of speech.

I can already imagine what you are going to reply to this which will probably be some babble about perfection and how you can improve your play, but sadly that has nothing to do with what I am explaining. I can always improve my ability to aim right in the middle of the toilet bowl too , it doesn't make it a less insignificant skill.

Considering you made a thread about this, I will give you this last analogy to try to make you understand why so many people call the 19s '' no skill ''

WoW is the equivalent to this math equation : 1+1+1 = 3
19s bracket is the equivalent to this math equation : 1+1 = 2

What does this mean ? Both equation are really easy and takes very little skill to solve. WoW is easy and 19s bracket in WoW is even easier. Now don't try to over analyze this analogy, it's an over simplification of the problem to try to make you understand a simple concept.

So yes 19s takes no skill or if you really want me to re-say it , 19s takes very little skill that almost every 12 years old have. Which is why people laugh when people mention skills in the 19 bracket because it's so little and insignificant.

However if you want to have a more interesting discussion the question you should ask is why is there so many people failing at using those little skills in the 19s bracket ( in before if there is a lot of people failing it's because its not easy , a lot of people fail at not hitting the toilet seat when they pee /wink )

I achieved grand marshal on my fire mage this season in RBG's (lol dot cleave), and it wasn't very difficult as long as people knew the general concept of spreading damage (keep in mind I did get 2200+ in the other 2 seasons) and I can tell you that the 15-19 bracket does indeed take more skill. When you are in an evenly matched game, if you overextend in a 10v10 midfight or you have a good chance of being globaled. Although there are less buttons to press, you must use them more wisely. Also, there's less cooldowns..and the best one for most classes you can only use once or twice a game.
Some may have other opinions, but this is mine

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with this thread is the first sentence. I think you missed the whole point of what '' no skill in 19s ' means.

Obviously it does require some skills just like pretty much anything. Peeing in the toilet bowl while standing without touching the seat require some skill. Snapping my fingers together to make a sound require some skills. However all those skills are so easy and insignificant that they aren't worth mentioning. This is the samething in the 19s bracket, almost any 12 years old could master those 2 skills I mentioned, just like almost any 12 years old could master the 19s bracket or just WoW in general.

Now if you are truely hurt when someone says ' lol 19s takes no skill ' , instead we can start saying ' lol 19s takes very little skill that almost every 12 years old have'' . However option 2 takes too long to type so I think you just need to learn to go with it and accept it. Think of it as a figure of speech.

I can already imagine what you are going to reply to this which will probably be some babble about perfection and how you can improve your play, but sadly that has nothing to do with what I am explaining. I can always improve my ability to aim right in the middle of the toilet bowl too , it doesn't make it a less insignificant skill.

Considering you made a thread about this, I will give you this last analogy to try to make you understand why so many people call the 19s '' no skill ''

What does this mean ? Both equation are really easy and takes very little skill to solve. WoW is easy and 19s bracket in WoW is even easier. Now don't try to over analyze this analogy, it's an over simplification of the problem to try to make you understand a simple concept.

So yes 19s takes no skill or if you really want me to re-say it , 19s takes very little skill that almost every 12 years old have. Which is why people laugh when people mention skills in the 19 bracket because it's so little and insignificant.

However if you want to have a more interesting discussion the question you should ask is why is there so many people failing at using those little skills in the 19s bracket ( in before if there is a lot of people failing it's because its not easy , a lot of people fail at not hitting the toilet seat when they pee /wink )
So your theory is that because you think wow is easy it just is, even though their are tons of people who are awful at it. Because after all you said its easy. Did I get that right?

What's up Zelgy. I think making an alias is a banable offense.

Wait just a second! Are you telling me that in actuality it's "skill" which leads to doing well? Because, I had always assumed that I had three straight years of amazing rng. As if getting ahead in a field requires anything besides luck....what a preposterous implication.

I don't know you nor have I ever played a game with you, but why are you so cocky?

So your theory is that because you think wow is easy it just is, even though their are tons of people who are awful at it. Because after all you said its easy. Did I get that right?

No , my opinion is that wow is easy , just like your opinion is that wow is not easy.

If I claim that 1+1=2 is a hard equation are you really going to agree with me ? Most likely you will lol at me. Well you claim wow is hard , so I lol at you.

Pretty simple concept isn't it ? Do you now understand why people say ' lol skill in 19s bracket'

I will repeat it an other time , I am not trying to prove that wow is easy or hard , this is relative to each individuals. I am only explaining to you WHY most people say ' lol 19s no skill ' .

No , my opinion is that wow is easy , just like your opinion is that wow is not easy.

If I claim that 1+1=2 is a hard equation are you really going to agree with me ? Most likely you will lol at me. Well you claim wow is hard , so I lol at you.

Pretty simple concept isn't it ? Do you now understand why people say ' lol skill in 19s bracket'

I will repeat it an other time , I am not trying to prove that wow is easy or hard , this is relative to each individuals. I am only explaining to you WHY most people say ' lol 19s no skill ' .

Argument lost. Get off your alias, Zegly.

I understand why they do and I explained it in my original post. So what are you trying to accomplish here?

I simply gave my opinion - can't help it if everyone latches on.

almost a win , however my alias was already PMed to Shane and an other mod. They already know I made an other account and they are free to ban me if they wish , which they will probably do.

Nice try tho

Thanks for acknowledging my post, Z.

I understand why they do and I explained it in my original post. So what are you trying to accomplish here?

you explained WHY people say '' lol 19s skill'' in your first post ? Well I guess if you call that explaining, eitherway lets not move away from the subject.

I simply stated my opinion and explained why I think and why I say that 19s takes no skill. Is that not good enought for you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread