Why go to Northrend?

solvogero

Legend
Work in progress...feel free to add to the list.
  • Chef's Hat
  • Giant Sewer Rat (with enough patience), along with a few other pets (will update)
  • BoA ring and Boots that hearth to Booty Bay for winning fishing tourney
  • Commendation Badges for Northrend rep (purchased with honor). Friendly with these guys will give you access to their tabards.
  • Various achievements (see tooh87's list below for starters)
  • Noncom pet goodies from Breanni

Last edited by a moderator:
Some various achieves off the top of my head, but only three have an actual reward:

The Coin Master achievement (Which is three achievements to get: A Penny For Your Thoughts, Silver in the City, There's Gold In That There Fountain) - Rewards Titanium Seal of Dalaran
Explore Northrend - Epic Tabard - Tabard of the Explorer
Higher Learning - Reward - Kirin Tor Familiar (pet)
Minesweeper achievement in Storm Peaks
Northern Exposure
Frostbitten
To All The Squirrels Who Shared My Life

There's quite a few others, but I don't feel like searching through achievements atm.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's also the Gundrak Hatchling pet available now too.

Just a quick word on the fishing coins achievements from the fountain in Dalaran. You may or may not know (depends if you've previously had a p2p) that you can fish more than one of a particular coin so it's not, as you find one, it's added to the list and therefore can't catch again. I spent an hour in between bgs and got about 3 of each copper (but not all) and various silver and one gold.

Well, I was going through and watching The Stand as I did it. The first half of it finished and I was done with getting all of the coins (third toon i've done that crap on. took roughly three hours). Be sure to flip the gold coins back in as you get them. When you've finished the reward is mailed to you, so you'll need to try and ticket it to get it out.

I believe we can get the ghostly skull pet for 9g or so, probably need exalted with kirin tor for the faction discount.

I'll check once my flight is over is a few mins. :D

edit: I was way off skull is 40g

Everything in OP was already posted in the news article. if only Shane actually made it front page :/

There are also four new cooking patterns available from drops, but they won't be easy to get without help from a P2P. Also, as they're random drops it'll be kinda of a pain: Recipe: Haunted Herring, Recipe: Tasty Cupcake, Recipe: Bad Clams, and Recipe: Last Week's Mammoth. All require Cooking of 350. I don't know if they ever changed it to where F2P can't get 375 Cooking/Fishing, but I know a lot had gotten it, or at least high enough to be able to do these. Eating all four grant the achievement Second That Emotion.

I forgot all about them until Recipe: Bad Clams dropped off a rare for me.

If you can make it to Wintergrasp while your faction owns it you can grab a sweet mount: Reins of the Black War Mammoth - Item - World of Warcraft for 2,000 honor.

The vendor also sells the pvp heirlooms if you need any of those while out shopping.

The only issue with that, is that I'm sure it's like the mammoth from the vendor in Dal, where it says "Requires level 40" and "Requires Journeyman Riding".

Edit: Well, while hovering over the link to it, it does show it requires those things.

The only issue with that, is that I'm sure it's like the mammoth from the vendor in Dal, where it says "Requires level 40" and "Requires Journeyman Riding".

Edit: Well, while hovering over the link to it, it does show it requires those things.

You are correct, my mistake. The mammoth is the same as all the other honor mounts.

I must have grabbed it on my cata trial and was only thinking about getting past the 10g cap and forgot about level requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread