EU+US Which one?!?!? Why or Why Not.

Insano

Grandfathered
I am experiencing a conundrum. I want to make a either a Fire Mage, Arcane Mage, or Affliction Lock.
I believe I would have the most fun playing a Fire Mage...

I think Arcane Mage would do the most damage...

Affliction Lock would never die...

I weigh all these things pretty much the same. I mostly do dungeons for friends or farm leather solo in dungeons. Taking all opinions! Please explain why you believe I should pick whichever class. I have played all 3 specs before, but at 110, therefore not a clue as to how well stats scale with the damage.

Aff lock would probably pull quicker with multi-dotting and survive easier in dungeons/farming with leech, and you always have the option of a pet tank (although I'm guessing it doesn't hold aggro against twink damage unless you're Demo?)

This isn't based on any fact but I'd assume mages could do higher single target dps (not sure about aoe). Mobility I have no idea about.

But I agree with @Deadstock, I feel clothies aren't great to twink at 101 because they only have access to 4 armor items, one of which overlaps with their BoE legendary.

Like Aelobin said, due to the shoulders being legendary and also BOE cloth you are left with 3 other BOEs therefore they are not really valuable at all. You're better of rolling a class that can use multiply armor types.

Honestly you'll have more fun as a mage imo. I main a lock and I find affliction lackluster and boring compared to my alt arcane mage. Luckily affliction is my off spec and demo is my main spec.

So I would say go mage, and the choice between fire and arcane can be best decided on what you feel you'll have the most fun with.

I'm not even going to suggest demo as an option because demo before 110 is BAD. The only thing that makes demo good at 110 is honor talents and endgame artifact traits.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread