EU+US Which class is the least gimped at 20?

Ravingrabidmoose

Grandfathered
Hello there. Long time lurker, first time poster. Anywho, was looking at my f2p twink rogue the other day, and noticed that 29's in the bracket get all kinds of great spells... (gouge, sprint, between-the-eyes, cheapshot, etc.) While my outlaw still hits like a truck, and I can still contribute to my team any 1v1 situation with another rogue that isnt f2p is going to end poorly for me. I was just wondering if there was any class in particular that is at less of a disadvantage for f2ps? Thanks.

Hello there. Long time lurker, first time poster. Anywho, was looking at my f2p twink rogue the other day, and noticed that 29's in the bracket get all kinds of great spells... (gouge, sprint, between-the-eyes, cheapshot, etc.) While my outlaw still hits like a truck, and I can still contribute to my team any 1v1 situation with another rogue that isnt f2p is going to end poorly for me. I was just wondering if there was any class in particular that is at less of a disadvantage for f2ps? Thanks.

Ret pally, Warrior (depends if you think the loss of WW is a huge disadvantage - I don't) off the top of my head. I think mages maybe too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bm hunter / boomy.

Discipline Priest
Affliction Warlock
Outlaw Rogue
Balance Druid
Mage
Retribution Paladin

Discipline Priest
Affliction Warlock
Outlaw Rogue
Balance Druid
Mage
Retribution Paladin

This is pretty definitive, except no specs for Monks, Shamans, Warriors (I don't find them all that gimped without WW, but that's a personal thing)?

I can't believe that there isn't at least one non-gimped spec for those classes, but maybe I'm wrong. I know i have no real issues with a 20 fury warrior in Eots or WSG, but I'm by no means good or popular or know what I'm talking about [emoji13]

This is pretty definitive, except no specs for Monks, Shamans, Warriors (I don't find them all that gimped without WW, but that's a personal thing)?

I can't believe that there isn't at least one non-gimped spec for those classes, but maybe I'm wrong. I know i have no real issues with a 20 fury warrior in Eots or WSG, but I'm by no means good or popular or know what I'm talking about [emoji13]

Resto Shaman and arms warrior good too

Arms Warrior ( with Overpower) Overpowers crit for about 1.6k with lower than ilvl 25 gear. Overpower cannot be dodged or parried or blocked, essentially mitigating Rogues' D CDs. You should be getting OP procs as long as you can hit something and you can almost 1v1 every class, except maybe Disc Priests (unless you're Blood Elf, of course) and BM Hunters (Assuming you don't open with a Charge.

Also, properly time your Victory Rushes so that you use 100% of the healing, instead of popping it randomly. And also, use the BOA axe, if possible.

Last edited:
Arms Warrior ( with Overpower) Overpowers crit for about 1.6k with lower than ilvl 25 gear. Overpower cannot be dodged or parried or blocked, essentially mitigating Rogues' D CDs. You should be getting OP procs as long as you can hit something and you can almost 1v1 every class, except maybe Disc Priests (unless you're Blood Elf, of course) and BM Hunters (Assuming you don't open with a Charge.

Also, properly time your Victory Rushes so that you use 100% of the healing, instead of popping it randomly.
What faction do u play on? You speaking my language

What faction do u play on? You speaking my language

I play on both. I have BE/NE Arms Warriors, Goblin/Worgen Disc Priests, and BE/Worgen Outlaw Rogues, which I think are the strongest classes as F2P in this bracket. Aff locks and Surv/BM hunters are also pretty strong, but they don't feel as satisfying to play.

I prefer to think of Outlaw Rogues as a 'Healer Disruptor', pretty much meaning sticking on the healer 24/7 and getting off as many last minute kicks/torrents as possible. If you are up against a bursty melee class (e.g. Arms, Surv, Ret), it is usually in your best interest to kite them with Pistol Shot instead of going in rambo. When you think you can finish them, get back in and finish them with a Run Through. This is especially effective against Warriors if you can properly judge where their Charge range is, and dance around barely close enough so they can't charge you.

Last edited:
I play on both. I have BE/NE Arms Warriors, Goblin/Worgen Disc Priests, and BE/Worgen Outlaw Rogues, which I think are the strongest classes as F2P in this bracket. Aff locks and Surv/BM hunters are also pretty strong, but they don't feel as satisfying to play.
That's coo do you got a btag? What server are your alliance characters? We should link up do some bgs or sum :)

I prefer to think of Outlaw Rogues as a 'Healer Disruptor', pretty much meaning sticking on the healer 24/7 and getting off as many last minute kicks/torrents as possible. If you are up against a bursty melee class (e.g. Arms, Surv, Ret), it is usually in your best interest to kite them with Pistol Shot instead of going in rambo. When you think you can finish them, get back in and finish them with a Run Through. This is especially effective against Warriors if you can properly judge where their Charge range is, and dance around barely close enough so they can't charge you.
Real talk also keeping ur eye on ur energy and using it as efficiently as possible like for example assessing a certain situation and anticipating the healer to heal a certain target and trying to position yourself to where u can control both maybe throw a pistol shot at the target and keep pressure on healer just waiting for the last possible moment that you can land the kick and still have enough energy to finish him off and continue ur assault on the survivors (also thistle tea helps in clutch moments)

Users who are viewing this thread