What are old school 20s players doing nowadays?

glancealot

Legend
20s PvP is like myspace 10 years ago, it doesn't know its dead yet.

i sometimes pull up my hpal armory and reminisce about the good old days

but i have moved on. i was playing some hearthstone and accomplished some decent results but now i don't even know what game to play!

WoW is the comfy game I play when I'm in between other hobbies. I run a local TBC server on my PC and sometimes I play that as a single player game. I modify the health and damage of elites so that the dungeons are possible to solo while I'm leveling. Many many hours of free fun.

Overall my real life hobbies make me happier so gaming has taken a back seat over the last... 10 years. But I do like to come back and get lost in my 20s when something new happens.

World of Warcraft. And I'm grinding. I always enjoyed grinding. It's very relaxing for me. Put on some music, or a podcast, or an audio book and just mindlessly grind away.

Right now I'm grinding BFA cloth to make stuff to DE to grind BFA enchants. And WoD dungeons for gear. Really having fun.

Playing Wrath of the Lich King Twinking, I know it’s a different vibe, but the ques pop. And retail 70s for a similar feeling.

Bought my first sub ever to try Classic 2 weeks ago, it's a blast but I miss my 20's so back to f2p in 2 weeks it is.
At least I'll have dragonriding, the map discovering toys (so damn useful for an altaholic) and Chromie time (mostly to help other cuz I don't care about SL
Then I'll just chill, RP and maybe do some dungeons idk. WoW is at it's best when you take it casually

but i have moved on. i was playing some hearthstone and accomplished some decent results but now i don't even know what game to play!
The feeling of schadenfreude is real. Personally, avoiding 29s and just doing PvE stuff has been a way better use of my time than trying to revive a bracket where most of the players decided to jump into the power-creep train to finally win some fights. I feel very little sympathy for any of the 29s, because it wasn't for a lack of warnings.

Outside of Classic HC, WoW has ceased to be a source of joy & fulfilment for me since Nov. of last year.

Once 29's became a thing, I leveled/rerolled my roster & began the ICC Heroics grind to kit them out. After 2+ months of that joyful, grindtastic adventure I never even BG'ed with a single one of them. Not. Once.
Shortly thereafter, DragonFetish launched & I noped out of the WoW imposter into Hardcore Classic Wow pretty much fulltime.

What really took the wind out of my sails was the gear-rebalancing, that killed open-world farming: an in-game hobby/profession which I think I enjoyed more than playing with the toons I kitted out through farming. That loss. coupled with malicious 29's shitting in the souls of 20's locked in a the xpoff bracket, & our gearing process being limited almost entirely to WoD dungeons ( not awful, but VERY uninteresting ) has sucked the joy & exploration out of 20's for me.

I pop in from time to time, but It feels more like... like going back to a school you once attended as an adult.
Nostalgic, but isolating. The game I loved is a memory of a past I can only reminisce about, but not return to revel in.

Maybe 20's will make a comeback. Maybe changes will be made that are favorable to us & the F2P experience. Maybe we will do like the Classic HC enjoyers, & create our OWN content; but most likely, we will remain cyphers in the world. Appearing occasionally to bewilder levelers & people out in the world, nuking someone in a BG & disappearing like a forgotten memory.

Outside of Classic HC, WoW has ceased to be a source of joy & fulfilment for me since Nov. of last year.

Once 29's became a thing, I leveled/rerolled my roster & began the ICC Heroics grind to kit them out. After 2+ months of that joyful, grindtastic adventure I never even BG'ed with a single one of them. Not. Once.
Shortly thereafter, DragonFetish launched & I noped out of the WoW imposter into Hardcore Classic Wow pretty much fulltime.

What really took the wind out of my sails was the gear-rebalancing, that killed open-world farming: an in-game hobby/profession which I think I enjoyed more than playing with the toons I kitted out through farming. That loss. coupled with malicious 29's shitting in the souls of 20's locked in a the xpoff bracket, & our gearing process being limited almost entirely to WoD dungeons ( not awful, but VERY uninteresting ) has sucked the joy & exploration out of 20's for me.

I pop in from time to time, but It feels more like... like going back to a school you once attended as an adult.
Nostalgic, but isolating. The game I loved is a memory of a past I can only reminisce about, but not return to revel in.

Maybe 20's will make a comeback. Maybe changes will be made that are favorable to us & the F2P experience. Maybe we will do like the Classic HC enjoyers, & create our OWN content; but most likely, we will remain cyphers in the world. Appearing occasionally to bewilder levelers & people out in the world, nuking someone in a BG & disappearing like a forgotten memory.
VERY well written ! :KKomrade:

Users who are viewing this thread