Weapon swapping with weapons with the same name!

sti

Legend
So, lately i've been trying to find a way to weapon swap to use my different enchants (i.e: power torrent to black magic to 50 base SP). But because the weapons had the same name I couldn't just drag them onto my bar. I also didnt want to create 3 Equipment managers for each set. So, I found out that you can specify enchants for each weapon to switch to. Long story short: copy this:

/run local function id(s) return string.match(GetInventoryItemLink("player",s) or "","(item:.+:%d+)") end ChatFrame1:AddMessage("MH:"..id(16).."\nOH:"..id(17))

item 16 is for MainHand, 17 is OffHand.

Substitute those numbers in for

/equipslot 16 item:37852:3828:0:0:0:0:0:0
/equipslot 17 item:37852:1606:0:0:0:0:0:0

and voila, there is a macro for weapon changes

make armor sets with the weapons... thats what i do i dont even use macros unless i bind the set to D stance or something...
just use /equipset "set name"

So, lately i've been trying to find a way to weapon swap to use my different enchants (i.e: power torrent to black magic to 50 base SP). But because the weapons had the same name I couldn't just drag them onto my bar. I also didnt want to create 3 Equipment managers for each set. So, I found out that you can specify enchants for each weapon to switch to. Long story short: copy this:

/run local function id(s) return string.match(GetInventoryItemLink("player",s) or "","(item:.+:%d+)") end ChatFrame1:AddMessage("MH:"..id(16).."\nOH:"..id(17))

Some hardcore macro you have there, Ill try it out since my equipment manager is full and I am still acquiring additional weapons to my arsenal! Another neat trick would be to buy a new boa and upgrade it, the upgrade has a different name.

The people saying armor sets didnt read that I don't want to make 3 to 4 armor sets for my 8 different armor sets just to change weapons, this way I can change weapons separately
from gear

make every armor set the exact same but with your different weapons... plus you cant change armor in combat anyways just weapons

thanks i found this very helpful :)

im running into a problem when i use the macro for my (GT MH - EF OH) or my (EF MH - titanium wep chain OH) its fine cuz the dagger have different enchants but when i use it for double GT or double DS it wont work becuase both dagger are exactly the same same dagger same enchant so it only wants to fill in my slot 16. you aware of anything i can do??

Users who are viewing this thread