Thoughts on the "Ladder Badges"

Ideally we would`ve proceed with our plan for the Warmongering season (r1 titles and everything), however due to several fuckups (most notably us starting to do things way too late), controversies and a community poll that plan ultimatively got scrapped.
However, we did believe that our exceptional skirmish players should receive some form of recognition, thus, the 2,200 Badges were born. We believe that these are less controversial than either backdating the Warmongering season or having it finish it under the current rather less ideal skirmish rating system.

I understand that these aren`t ideal, however it`s the best we`ve conjured up within short notice. We may or may not try for the next season (skirmish rating not resetting and 2s/3s rating being merge doesn`t help the slightest), but that is yet to be decide.

Reactions: Bop
in wod you got rating for qing retardclass+heal, now you get rating for farming nontwinks and dodging other twinks

He put in time to an irrelevant badge let him have it wtf

if you want to talk about pointless badges should bring up the private server badges for gms/devs

Ideally we would`ve proceed with our plan for the Warmongering season (r1 titles and everything), however due to several fuckups (most notably us starting to do things way too late), controversies and a community poll that plan ultimatively got scrapped.
However, we did believe that our exceptional skirmish players should receive some form of recognition, thus, the 2,200 Badges were born. We believe that these are less controversial than either backdating the Warmongering season or having it finish it under the current rather less ideal skirmish rating system.

I understand that these aren`t ideal, however it`s the best we`ve conjured up within short notice. We may or may not try for the next season (skirmish rating not resetting and 2s/3s rating being merge doesn`t help the slightest), but that is yet to be decide.

There's always hope for the new endgame PvP season to reset MMR.
That's the next point that will determine the future of twink arenas going forward, imo.

should give ppl badges for bracket they play most.
You get a badge! and You get a badge!

To be honest I think its dumb, why do you get a badge for something so pointless?
a simpleton like Gucciglad got Warmongering Gladiator according to the system, right?

Might just be me, I don't know.

The true simpleton would have to be you. Gucciglad doesent give a fuck about a stupid badge. Nonetheless this website, Though I am speaking for him since i know him better then anybody on this website, I would have to say that maybe he just doesent care enough to have a badge on a website that will be dead in a year, or he does not need validation from random people on the internet like you do. He set out to make the arena system look fucking retarded and absoloutely pointless, and he acheived it. The man should get a badge for being the best god damn troll in the game.

Last edited:
He set out to make the arena system look ducking moronic and absoloutely pointless, and he acheived it.
So, by extension, you think max level's arena system is pointless as well?

Because they're the same system.

Also I think badges for 1550/1750/2000 are stupid af because they just clutter. You get that rating even if you lose more than you win.

The only badge that actually requires you to win the majority of your games is the 2200 one, but for most brackets even that is not a challenge (because the players who lose more than they win still get ~2000 so you can get points from those).

But it's not unlike max level so tbh it's fine.

Farm bads get points. That's how Blizzard's arena system works.

Reactions: Bop

Users who are viewing this thread