US TC petition

should you be able to play in the arena TC without being on a wsg team.

• Yes

Votes: 58 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kegboss

Grandfathered
This is a 30 day vote. I wanted to create this because I know many people who would like to compete in the arena tournament but not the wsg tournament.
For me personally I work a lot and I have a couple vacations already planned this year. It is hard for me to take off another weekend as a finance manager at a car dealership to be able to compete in this all weekend when I truely just want to compete in the arena tournament. Please cast your vote based on your own personal preference and belief.
Thanks,
KegBoss

I think this would grow the TC, so I'm for it. I would be interested in signing up if this happened.

Make a TC team. Pick your arena partners to compete in the arena, and your gulch buddies to compete in the gulch.
Yeah that's the backup plan. But if I can do this with less work then that would be ideal. If not then I'll try and be someone's 11th man on their TC team. If this works out, I'll be excited to show myself once again in the 19 bracket. Meta has changed a lot since I've played in it.

The arena tournament affects seeding so no I'd rather not see random teams giving actual teams lower seeds
Seeding shouldn't matter to great teams. As for random? If I'm in this tournament, I will win it.

I'll bet 200$ you won't
If they allow this and I am in the tournament. I will take that bet without a doubt. I've played in the bracket lately and also watched last years. Nothing I see that can't be beat.

MXuIwiT.png

T3xzUBk.png

Sc9q1Gj.png

WQlhvKt.png

Seems like a 6.6% loss ratio in a bracket that is not relevant to this one. It also seems lower than some of the others above him.

Seeding really should not be determined by an arena "tournament". Other ways could be easily determined. Either by random chance. ie: a /roll off or by their finish place in last year's TC. New teams would be randomly placed. It is too easy for teams to get ringers for the arena tournament.

Have fun every one!!

i dont think that arena should seed into wsg and i think(?) this is under discussion still. I think it should be seperate. depending on my roster #/ interest in tourney from my team you and your partners are welcome to play under my tag

It sounds like a cool idea. Having extra teams in the arena tournament shouldn't need to affect the seeding in WSG. Those arena teams which aren't affiliated with WSG teams can just be disregarded when it comes time to determine WSG seeds.

All this will do is draw more people to the 19 bracket, whether it be for arena or WSG. I think Kegboss actually has a good idea. I'm all for it.

It sounds like a cool idea. Having extra teams in the arena tournament shouldn't need to affect the seeding in WSG. Those arena teams which aren't affiliated with WSG teams can just be disregarded when it comes time to determine WSG seeds.
This^

Who the fuck would vote no to this? Let people who don't want to compete in wsg compete on arena teams then seed accordingly to placement in arena for wsg.

For example if a team that's not playing wsg wins the arena tourney the wsg team with the highest placing in arena gets best seed.
So if Wfs come third in arena tourney but 2 non-wsg teams come first and second wfs then get highest seed? It won't have an impact on seeding and will make the tourney more interesting. I don't see the problem

Users who are viewing this thread