Subtlety Rogue 79 BIS Gearing Guide by Tyntyn (ank)

ankertest

1. Introduction

First of all, it's not a guide aka "How to play" it's the guide aka "How to build". Dont have to say much about Sub on 79 lvl, most of you already know that rogues are mostly glasscannon class on 79, that can peel and escape fights really good and basically deal a lot of damage in short period of time.

2. Race (excluding non BIS ones)

Human - free trinket, perception (best alliance race for glasscannon build)
Night Elf - meld, avoidance, better stealth (best alliance race for some sort of balanced build to run arena and premade bgs with healers, i'd prefer NE over human anyways)

Orc - stun reduction, bloodfury
Undead - wotf
Both Orc and Undead are equals for me, both are winning in different situations, choice is yours.

3. BIS Gear Sets/talents/glyphs/stats

First build is balanced one, just great for everything.
https://eightyupgrades.com/set/8MvW1BdLLuzigbkUMwNCEZ

Second build is for glasscannon enjoyers.
https://eightyupgrades.com/set/2mB4a8hQzR17mTke6oKnZ2

Glasscannon gear build, simple as it is, full pve, full ap and so on, with this build i did crit 11k eviscerate on lvl 80 pve naxx geared lock. Fully buffed (that means blood dk buff or mm hunter buff, food, flask, pala buff, enchants/trinket proc etc.) you can get up to 6.5k ap.

Mention One of the greatest items you can get on rogue is these goggles, dont break your stealth and greatly increase your stealth detection, must have against other rogues and ferals if you need to find them.
upload_2023-1-31_13-49-5.png

5. Professions

Yor MAIN prof is Engineering (BIS) - goggles which is BIS, also for rocket chant on gloves (extra burst damage), parachute.
Second one is Leatherworking (second BIS IMO), bcz of huge amount of AP, that's it tho.
Instead of Leatherworking you can get JC for 3 BIG gems and extra stat trinket FOR HUMAN ONLY.

6. Just some solo BG screenshots

upload_2023-1-31_13-56-52.png

upload_2023-1-31_13-57-33.png

upload_2023-1-31_13-58-8.png

upload_2023-1-31_13-58-51.png

upload_2023-1-31_13-59-12.png

8. Little "just to notice list"

You dont have to gem in AGI as a Sub, never do that.
Use talent build that matches your gear, otherwise you will be dissappointed in damage or survivability.​

Attachments

• upload_2023-1-31_13-56-25.png
    upload_2023-1-31_13-56-25.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 233
  • upload_2023-1-31_13-56-35.png
    upload_2023-1-31_13-56-35.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Hey thanks for the writeup! My rogue is almost finished and is my 5th 79 on Grobbulus. Here is what I have so far: https://eightyupgrades.com/set/4V1GnoPhC54WhSh79jGywX

79 sub rogues are just nasty AF. I only have problems with ferals and some prot, dks a little. But she eats clothies for lunch, sometimes 1 shotting em for 7500. And with the pyro rocket or the gnomish lightning generator, it can hit 10k for the opener. I was always a hemo rogue before 2 days ago when I decided to try out ambush and backstab, and I have to say I do love it. Yesterday I tried Ambush on an 80 priest with 18k hp. She was just fishing. I ambushed, then shadow danced with 3 more ambushes in a row and she was dead. I mean ambush hits for 5-7k and I can do 4 in a row lol with 120 energy.

I like the improved bleed talent though, removed cheat death as it rarely helps. A garrote and rupture with prep can do I think 8-10k. So that and then vanish is how I deal with some plate guys. I went for AP, hit and resilience. I read 5% hit is needed and I was at 1%. I missed a lot, so being a JC, I am adding 2 +34 hit gems and removing my 68AP ones. Then 1 talent in 1% hit gets me there. Nothing worse than missing an ambush.

I saw the dark herring dagger. I may add a +7 striking chant on it for maximum ambush, then switch back to my other. For a stunlock, the Ymiron's blade puts out more damage IMO. Tried it out on a dummy. (edit) I tried the dark herring with the +7 chant it does about 100-200 less ambush damage then the Kaluak rep dagger so I'll stick with that. I think it's the Armor Pen that does it. Armor pen seems to increase my ambush and backstabs, which makes sense. If you max that, you can increase those.

Shobek is an amazing sub rogue. In his video he talks about maximum damage combos on all classes:

Next I'll be working on a fun video.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread