sub rogue armory

Sub is considered the lesser of the 3 specs in this bracket. I highly recommend the other two. Check burgs post of the armory list for more information on specific specs and bis gear.

Sub is considered the lesser of the 3 specs in this bracket. I highly recommend the other two. Check burgs post of the armory list for more information on specific specs and bis gear.

Doesn't mean its bad =).

Sub is still pretty strong because of spammable haemorrhage which applies poison pretty fast... Assassin is fun but I'm not too sure how to play it and combat is just number one out of the 3

Sub is still pretty strong because of spammable haemorrhage which applies poison pretty fast... Assassin is fun but I'm not too sure how to play it and combat is just number one out of the 3

Hemorrhage is a good ability, it applies its ~25 second dot, i like it very much. + it has a good opener.

^ this. i've never been outperformed by combat / assass as sub in this bracket - as of june when i last played. sub is especially great for av / ab teamfights - it's really all about maximizing restealths, every one of which should be a killing blow on a vulnerable target. combat will naturally outperform it for wsg (better efc burst) but with consumables - swift pots + thistle tea + potions for sure, also make sure to keep zerker up - you will be able to match if not outplay any other rogue specs. agm is a must for sub - actually, with the new trinkets i'm not sure - as it can lead to some nice plays.

i can't login to change my character's gear setup, considering that i got perma banned, yet i also ran with vultros mainhand for quite some time - max ambush damage, although i swapped to shadowfang while i was primarily queueing AV. i'd say vultros mainhand for wsg - also, 2x shadowfang should be avoided. i'd run with a balance of agi + crit + haste (avoid foreman's gloves) - gear really comes down to personal preference. this really isn't a glass cannon spec so you're going to want a balance - be sure to enchant for agi over AP due to the sinister calling passive.

requires a bit more practice than the other specs to maximize dmg/KBs but it's loads of fun once you're adjusted. hemo is my favorite harass in the bracket due to the widespread use of antivenom by other vet rogues - be sure to keep that applied to anything that can stealth. sub requires a pretty cautious playstyle overall - need to time your opener correctly, although it's not nearly as important for vet as it is for f2p.

album of the av games i played on the weekend before i lost my account - no buffs, this is the level of performance that you can expect to achieve consistently. in reality, it's not much different from when i was still f2p - heavy emphasis on killing blows and cleaning up in teamfights.

^ this. i've never been outperformed by combat / assass as sub in this bracket - as of june when i last played. sub is especially great for av / ab teamfights - it's really all about maximizing restealths, every one of which should be a killing blow on a vulnerable target. combat will naturally outperform it for wsg (better efc burst) but with consumables - swift pots + thistle tea + potions for sure, also make sure to keep zerker up - you will be able to match if not outplay any other rogue specs. agm is a must for sub - actually, with the new trinkets i'm not sure - as it can lead to some nice plays.

i can't login to change my character's gear setup, considering that i got perma banned, yet i also ran with vultros mainhand for quite some time - max ambush damage, although i swapped to shadowfang while i was primarily queueing AV. i'd say vultros mainhand for wsg - also, 2x shadowfang should be avoided. i'd run with a balance of agi + crit + haste (avoid foreman's gloves) - gear really comes down to personal preference. this really isn't a glass cannon spec so you're going to want a balance - be sure to enchant for agi over AP due to the sinister calling passive.

requires a bit more practice than the other specs to maximize dmg/KBs but it's loads of fun once you're adjusted. hemo is my favorite harass in the bracket due to the widespread use of antivenom by other vet rogues - be sure to keep that applied to anything that can stealth. sub requires a pretty cautious playstyle overall - need to time your opener correctly, although it's not nearly as important for vet as it is for f2p.

album of the av games i played on the weekend before i lost my account - no buffs, this is the level of performance that you can expect to achieve consistently. in reality, it's not much different from when i was still f2p - heavy emphasis on killing blows and cleaning up in teamfights.

I think that rather than sub being superior than combat in teamfights, it's rather that people do not play it properly. SnD Blade Furry with a more stam based set is insane. I'll definitely be going back to sub in the future, how does it do in arena?

how does it do in arena?

I think against druids and rogues, it is a good choice. I cannot tell how much damage does Sub do, i have never played it in WoD, but i intend to.

Would Eviscerate as Sub do the same/more damage than the Combat one ? Considering you still use the same gear set, with some little changes.

I think against druids and rogues, it is a good choice. I cannot tell how much damage does Sub do, i have never played it in WoD, but i intend to.

Would Eviscerate as Sub do the same/more damage than the Combat one ? Considering you still use the same gear set, with some little changes.

Absolutely not, Revealing Strike increases the damage of evis by 35%

I think that rather than sub being superior than combat in teamfights, it's rather that people do not play it properly. SnD Blade Furry with a more stam based set is insane. I'll definitely be going back to sub in the future, how does it do in arena?

combat is also solid in teamfights - recluse was always tedious to play against while i was still alliance, among other combat rogues. it's just a totally different playstyle - turn on bladeflurry and spam the shit out of your abilities into a crowd vs restealthing on cooldown and picking off anyone who dips below 50% hp as sub - i find sub to be far more efficient at cleaning up + applying pressure to priority targets, while combat is more oriented on sustain / dps padding in fights. in all honesty, i think i might have some bias against combat at this level due to the massive amount of time i've invested into the spec @ max level - just doesn't feel the same @20 due to the lack of abilities, sub/assass require more thought so i prefer those.

while rogue is overall pretty bad in arena at the moment, due to the influx of vets + 29s, i found sub to be playable as f2p in skirms last fall - the class balance has changed since then and i would expect it to be worse off now. any dots are a total cockblock, especially since you're going to be focused a lot more than in bgs where it's far easier to restealth after killing someone / defending an objective. i would only recommend sub if you're playing 2s with an equally bursty partner (e.g. feral, warlock), preferably someone with a stun so you can sap someone and global the other player before they have time to react - for 3s, due to the lack of rogue cc at this level, it's pretty much useless. disc priest is also godly support due to the bubbles - gives you freedom to pretty much always have a restealth opportunity, extremely useful in bgs although i can't speak on it in arenas.

combat is also solid in teamfights - recluse was always tedious to play against while i was still alliance, among other combat rogues. it's just a totally different playstyle - turn on bladeflurry and spam the shit out of your abilities into a crowd vs restealthing on cooldown and picking off anyone who dips below 50% hp as sub - i find sub to be far more efficient at cleaning up + applying pressure to priority targets, while combat is more oriented on sustain / dps padding in fights. in all honesty, i think i might have some bias against combat at this level due to the massive amount of time i've invested into the spec @ max level - just doesn't feel the same @20 due to the lack of abilities, sub/assass require more thought so i prefer those.

while rogue is overall pretty bad in arena at the moment, due to the influx of vets + 29s, i found sub to be playable as f2p in skirms last fall - the class balance has changed since then and i would expect it to be worse off now. any dots are a total cockblock, especially since you're going to be focused a lot more than in bgs where it's far easier to restealth after killing someone / defending an objective. i would only recommend sub if you're playing 2s with an equally bursty partner (e.g. feral, warlock), preferably someone with a stun so you can sap someone and global the other player before they have time to react - for 3s, due to the lack of rogue cc at this level, it's pretty much useless. disc priest is also godly support due to the bubbles - gives you freedom to pretty much always have a restealth opportunity, extremely useful in bgs although i can't speak on it in arenas.

Come back! We all know you are still addicted to WoW! :)

Users who are viewing this thread