Space Talk

This is probably a big deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...advising-donald-trump/?utm_term=.a2a0296c0bc3

mXaXW1q.jpg

PWghASm.jpg

Interesting. Someone told me they could see a possible arms race for the meteor in the distant future. Wouldn't doubt it. That is, if an agreement isn't passed to allow equal ownerships over it much like oil (and even that isn't going so well).

Lmao this is low-key awesome even if it’s meant to be a joke.

Believe it or not we(the nations of Earth) have a treaty governing the militarization of space. It has been on the books for over 50 years. It is very similar to the one concerning Antartica.
It is called the Outer Space Treaty(for short). I can’t recall it’s formal name. It pretty much bars placing WMDs in Earth orbit, the Moon or any other celestial body. Also states stations on the Moon and celestial bodies must be for peaceful purposes only. IE: no weapon testing, military manufacturing, military machinery storage, military maneuvers etc...

/cheers

Believe it or not we(the nations of Earth) have a treaty governing the militarization of space. It has been on the books for over 50 years. It is very similar to the one concerning Antartica.
It is called the Outer Space Treaty(for short). I can’t recall it’s formal name. It pretty much bars placing WMDs in Earth orbit, the Moon or any other celestial body. Also states stations on the Moon and celestial bodies must be for peaceful purposes only. IE: no weapon testing, military manufacturing, military machinery storage, military maneuvers etc...

/cheers

While I agree with this, I'm pretty sure the powers of the world will not, especially China. It's a benign effort, but inevitably futile.

Users who are viewing this thread