EU+US So how's the F2P community doing in 2016? WOD & Legion

Kuwlie

Legend
Hey guys, just wanted to ask. How's the f2p twinking bracket now?
It's just I stopped twinking mid-way through MOP and altogether playing WoW in the first week of WOD and a lot of friends told me the bracket changed a lot.

What I want to know is,
1. A friend told me there are no more BGs for us, is it true? He said we only got arenas now, what's up with that?
2. How unplayable is it for a f2p going against lvl29 twinks? Because as I recall it was already a nightmare when you had to play with 24 twinks.
3. Are prot paladins still monsters that demolish every class in their way?
4. How long are the BG queues now?
4. And last but not least, how dead is the f2p community? Are you going to get put up only against other 29s or there are still some f2p faces around.

Hey guys, just wanted to ask. How's the f2p twinking bracket now?
It's just I stopped twinking mid-way through MOP and altogether playing WoW in the first week of WOD and a lot of friends told me the bracket changed a lot.

What I want to know is,
1. A friend told me there are no more BGs for us, is it true? He said we only got arenas now, what's up with that?
2. How unplayable is it for a f2p going against lvl29 twinks? Because as I recall it was already a nightmare when you had to play with 24 twinks.
3. Are prot paladins still monsters that demolish every class in their way?
4. How long are the BG queues now?
4. And last but not least, how dead is the f2p community? Are you going to get put up only against other 29s or there are still some f2p faces around.

F2P (as far as I know) is the closest to being able to fight with P2P ever

1. We have BGs - warsong gulch, arathi basin, eye of the storm, alterac valley + arenas
2. Pretty possible
3. Very very weak, ret is the spec to go now
4. Extremely fast as we're doing them with levelers
4.4 Quite alive honestly but not the same as in cata

1. it depends on if you locked your character's xp bar, if not then you should still be able to play bgs as well as arenas (also doesn't work if you have that bug).
2. don't really see a major difference since we're all the same hp, speed, and stats. the only way to define a p2p now is how many spells they have.
3. they've sorta got nerfed this time around, try ret pallies for this x-pack.
4a. depends on time of day, but for the most part it's roughly 5-15 min. for me anyways.
4b. it's still there but there's not a lot of us left since vets have more to offer than trials. also, the 29's aren't as big bad wolfs now compared to a few years ago. but then again, most of the p2ps are busy with end game now since leg has been out for the past month or so.

F2P (as far as I know) is the closest to being able to fight with P2P ever

1. We have BGs - warsong gulch, arathi basin, eye of the storm, alterac valley + arenas
2. Pretty possible
3. Very very weak, ret is the spec to go now
4. Extremely fast as we're doing them with levelers
4.4 Quite alive honestly but not the same as in cata

1. it depends on if you locked your character's xp bar, if not then you should still be able to play bgs as well as arenas (also doesn't work if you have that bug).
2. don't really see a major difference since we're all the same hp, speed, and stats. the only way to define a p2p now is how many spells they have.
3. they've sorta got nerfed this time around, try ret pallies for this x-pack.
4a. depends on time of day, but for the most part it's roughly 5-15 min. for me anyways.
4b. it's still there but there's not a lot of us left since vets have more to offer than trials. also, the 29's aren't as big bad wolfs now compared to a few years ago. but then again, most of the p2ps are busy with end game now since leg has been out for the past month or so.

Thank you for the responds. Last question,
How in the world did blizz allow lvl20s to get that armour you guys got on your charas in signature?:eek: It's so much better than any other and any heirlooms as I see and it looks like you got a lvl 90 or something.
And as I guess the event you guys got it from is over and you can no longer obtain it right?

Man... Your guys replies made me somewhat want to go back to f2p twinking, but seeing this. I think blizz scarred the f2p bracket for life with this, because any other new f2p player can't obtain these items and I don't see you guys stopping to play any time soon. :(

How in the world did blizz allow lvl20s to get that armour you guys got on your charas in signature?:eek: It's so much better than any other and any heirlooms as I see and it looks like you got a lvl 90 or something.
And as I guess the event you guys got it from is over and you can no longer obtain it right?

Man... Your guys replies made me somewhat want to go back to f2p twinking, but seeing this. I think blizz scarred the f2p bracket for life with this, because any other new f2p player can't obtain these items and I don't see you guys stopping to play any time soon. :(
yes the event is over but..
in bgs, only ilvl on gear matters now and it only gives miniscule advantage. 1 ilvl = 0.1% extra stats. so someone with 10 ilvls higher will get a whopping 1% stat increase. so yeah 29s only have extra abilities to use against us

Gear doesn't make much of a difference in instanced PvP anymore. The gear you're seeing is from the pre-expansion event and is no longer obtainable, however; it's only going to make a difference in duels and open world content.

I haven't tested it (way too busy with end-game stuff) but a New f2p may be able to compete in open world content like world PvP/pve with enough versatility gear (versatility is a new stat that reduces dmg taken, increases dmg done and increases healing received) because the gear obtained from the event had no versatility on it iirc.

it was part of the legion prelaunch event that gave us fel gear that's pretty much scales to the user that works lvl 10+ but grandfathered or gf now (sorry, ya missed it by a month).

there was a rumor about bring the legion invasions back monthly for those that missed it, but that has yet to be officially confirmed it as of yet.

also, it can depend what else blizzard wants to give us this x-pack to keep us (ftps) entertained on here. because gear alone isn't going to keep most of us entertained in the long run of things.

Last edited:
there was a rumor about bring the legion invasions back monthly for those that missed it, but that has yet to be officially confirmed it as of yet.

Loooooooooooooooooooord let this be true. I only found out about ilvl 35 gear like 2 days before launch and so I missed a lot of pieces.

And OP, I played a few BGs with "regular" bis gear (I guess thats what I'd call it) and did better than I expected. And Im terrible at pvp so someone with even modest talent wont see any issues, even if they missed the legion events.

Users who are viewing this thread