Skirmishes on PTR

There are millions of f2p playing this game. Why do you even care about that you meet 29s every now and then? If no deserter, leave it. If deserter, go and die naked. That takes just a few seconds...

What server are you guys on? And how do I manage to copy mah chars? :(

i really don't see why you guys thought you'd scale to 29 in a skirmish it's completely different.
Cause Blizz said it would work like BG's
I don't understand the surprise.
Blizzard is just telling that they don't give a s**t about f2p. The 29's, no more pve looms with justice (yeah, except DMF, one time per month!) and not scaled stats in arena.
Don't be stupid, Blizzard didn't avoid to implement scaling in arenas JUST to hit f2p's, this will affect every other bracket as well; level 30's, 40's etc.
They do, thankfully.
But you can queue with exp unlocked right?
There are millions of f2p playing this game. Why do you even care about that you meet 29s every now and then? If no deserter, leave it. If deserter, go and die naked. That takes just a few seconds...
Or just lose in 5 sec..

Don't be stupid, Blizzard didn't avoid to implement scaling in arenas JUST to hit f2p's, this will affect every other bracket as well; level 30's, 40's etc.

Who said that Blizzard is doing this JUST to hit f2p's? Read carefully before write something.
That was just one of the points "against f2p", can you also explian the pve for golds (unless Blizzy is letting us have more 10 golds, i find hard to gather 500 golds to buy pve looms.....no to mention that the DMF is monthly).
And what about the improvement for p2p? Anyway, im not saying they are doing this JUST agains tus, the true is that Blizzard (logic) doesn't care. But if you say that this is just a misunderstanding......fine by me.

Who said that Blizzard is doing this JUST to hit f2p's? Read carefully before write something.
That was just one of the points "against f2p", can you also explian the pve for golds (unless Blizzy is letting us have more 10 golds, i find hard to gather 500 golds to buy pve looms.....no to mention that the DMF is monthly).
And what about the improvement for p2p? Anyway, im not saying they are doing this JUST agains tus, the true is that Blizzard (logic) doesn't care. But if you say that this is just a misunderstanding......fine by me.

What else would they replace the currency with. There is no replacement for JP, gold is someone everyone who should have heirlooms has access to on an endless scale.

If Blizzard bothered to intentionally hit you, they'd do it in a fatal blow.

Couple things that need to be said:

1. When Blizzard discussed Skirms working like BGs, the context was that there would be XP on/off segregation, just like BGs.

2. Trial account players are automatically put into XP off BGs, even though their XP is technically still on.

3. Trial account players are unable to us Besten/Slahtz to toggle their XP on or off. They are literally stuck in Skirms with 29s no matter what.

4. There aren't 'millions' of F2P players. There aren't even millions of twinks. There might be several hundred F2Ps (24/7 pops and multiple games going at once supports that possibility). There might even be a couple thousand. But millions? I think you just picked a number that sounds good and threw it out to make a point.

5. As much as I dislike the idea of being queued into scrubby F2Ps, I also dislike the idea of having to organize activity for my favorite bracket: 29s. I've sat through 2.5 expansions of having to organize with the other assholes who play 29s, many of which are about as reliable as a street walking heroin addict. They show up for games when nostalgia has gotten the better of them, inevitably quitting as soon as they realize things are not like they used to be during whichever 'golden era' they happen to miss the most.

There aren't very many die hard 29s out there, and I consider myself lucky to be one of them. But I do look forward to finally being able to queue my 29s no matter what time of day or day of the week it is. Even if I have to face scrubby F2Ps who should just pay the sub fee Blizzard wants them to pay, that's still better than dealing with a bunch of picky assholes who don't know how to appreciate a good thing when they've got it.

Leverage said:

I don't think Blizzard intentionally does anything to spite twinks. Most of the time they recognize a situation as bad in general and do things to try and improve it (even if sometimes they end up making things worse, like by removing the JP vendors until further notice). Up until this point, it's super easy to make a F2P. You can just bot BGs while you're away working and you don't have to worry about a ban because it's a trial account and you can just make another one (if they even ban you to begin with).

This has lead to BGs being filled with bots at times in the past, making it a very poor experience for people who actually want to BG and make the most of it. I'm pretty happy about the change from JP to gold because now you can't bot BGs for JP (honor to convert to JP) and have to go play a part of the game I give zero fucks about, just to get your BoAs. Of course, you can still do BGs for honor to get trinkets, weapons, and shoulders, but those are pretty terrible in comparison to the JP ones anyway. BiS would call for some DMF action for months until you get a piece.

I'm actually curious to see how many F2Ps quit Wow or decide to pay a sub fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Blizzard intentionally does anything to spite twinks.

Me neither, i just said that they don't care.

Up until this point, it's super easy to make a F2P. You can just bot BGs while you're away working and you don't have to worry about a ban because it's a trial account and you can just make another one (if they even ban you to begin with).

Dont think that a trial account isnt something precious for his owner, actually i pay for not one but 2 p2p accounts. Despite that i like to play in (what you defined) "scrubby" F2P backet and i care more at this than the other two.

This has lead to BGs being filled with bots at times in the past, making it a very poor experience for people who actually want to BG and make the most of it. I'm pretty happy about the change from JP to gold because now you can't bot BGs for JP (honor to convert to JP) and have to go play a part of the game I give zero fucks about, just to get your BoAs.

The story about bots is kinda creative, i don't know where did you see this since you are a pro player in another bracket, but i didn't see many bots and the few i had in my team got quickly a kick.

I'm actually curious to see how many F2Ps quit Wow or decide to pay a sub fee.

Look, if the thing are going like i guess you will have one "scrubby" f2players less sharing bg with you and no, im not going to upgrade my f2p, rather i will quit my p2p accounts.
Im also curious, if all those "scruppy" f2p wil eventually quit to play in bg......how long do you think will be a queue for a bg?

Complaining about the lack of scaling in skirmishes on twinkinfo isn't gonna do much good. They were definitely planning on having it at first, and it's pretty important for leveling in them.

I posted on the PTR forums about it, it'd be great if someone could shoot some tweets out. I know it's hard, but try not to mention p2p advantages and how bad it is for f2p players. Focus on how it affects levelers, not twinks. It's much more likely to get attention when you present it as an issue to more than the <1% of the player-base involved in twinking.

Scaling in low-level Skirmishes - Forums - World of Warcraft

4. There aren't 'millions' of F2P players. There aren't even millions of twinks. There might be several hundred F2Ps (24/7 pops and multiple games going at once supports that possibility). There might even be a couple thousand. But millions? I think you just picked a number that sounds good and threw it out to make a point.

Wow sherlock good job.

I bet you know the meaning behind your words better than anyone else, but it really seems from this line
I don't understand the surprise.
Blizzard is just telling that they don't give a s**t about f2p.
That you thought the no-scaling in skirmishes was implemented JUST to hit f2p's.....

I bet you know the meaning behind your words better than anyone else, but it really seems from this line

That you thought the no-scaling in skirmishes was implemented JUST to hit f2p's.....

One does not simply, misunderstand "they don't care" to "they want intentionally".
But clearly you can do it.

I told you already to read carefully, but (/sigh) it seems you want at any cost misunderstand me. What can i say? Since people here don't care (dont't care!) about our discuss, i will just say: As u you wish dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread