Simplistic macro knowledge

Jwlx

Grandfathered
First thing first, I am in no way trying to present myself as an advance player. I am simply trying to provide some macro advice to those who may find it beneficial. Enjoy!

Macros
Speed is the name of the game: More than often do I find other players constantly switching targets & wasting valuable time performing the simplest of task. Below you will see 3 of the major (simple) macro types I use that have greatly improved my gaming experience.

#1: /cast [target=mouseover] (spell name) - Example: /cast [target=mouseover] moonfire

What exactly is a [target=mouseover] macro & what makes them useful? A mouseover macro is a great macro for all situations. They allow you to simply scroll your mouse-cursor over a target NPC/player and cast any desired spell without having to swap targets. These are working wonders when it comes to multi-dotting in Battlegrounds & throwing out some quick heals.

#2: /cast [target=focus] (spell name) - Example: /cast [target=focus] hammer of justice

What exactly is a [target=focus] macro & what makes them useful? A focus macro requires a focus-target frame and I find these macros to be greatly beneficial in both PvE & PvP. Once you have a target set as focus, you can then cast a spell on said target without having to change your current target. For example, you are running 2v2 skirmishes and you are trying to quickly root the windwalker monk off of your partner, you can do "/cast=[target=focus] entangling roots".

#3: /cast [@party1] (spell name) - Example: /cast [@party1] Healing wave

What exactly is a [@party1] macro & what makes them useful? These macro's are pretty amazing when it comes down to 2v2 Arena. The [@party1] macro is designed to cast spells at the top-framed party member. casting a spell such as "/cast [@party1] rejuvenation" will automatically set a rejuv on your party member. These macros make healing/dispelling party members much easier. Keep in mind, the "1" in the macro is a variable, and these macro's can also be used as [@party2], [@party3], ect...

I hope someone finds this helpful. These are simple macro's, but I know these macro's have greatly improved my gaming experience and have made me a much greater player.

P.S. I was provoked to share this knowledge because I've recently helped a couple players and they have found these macro's to be life-changing. Thank you for your time.

- Jwl

Users who are viewing this thread